Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Why? Frank Lampard isn't exactly a kevin keegan inspirational type is he?

Just when you think Mel can't get any more loopy.......

Its absolutely crackers. I'd rather have stimac if we just want a face.

I’d refer to it as a Mel Special. Though once Lamps (can I call him that yet) made himself available I’m sure there’d be plenty of clubs giving him an interview (or two). Intriguing and fascinated if he gets the deal to see how he progresses. Yes it’s our club he’d be wheelering and dealering but my instinct says Frank Lampard ‘Come On Down to Take Us On Up’

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RamNut said:

i think mel must have selected the next manager by using his dating app.

Show the guy some respect.Hes obviously got more know how than you will ever have.Or would you rather
have a Maxwell type owner?Or maybe would would like the 3 Amigos back?

My initial reaction was like alot of people no too inexperienced. But so was Brian Clough.

After thinking it over Is it a risk worth taking?. I would say yes for the  following reasons

1.He is highly respected throughout the game and this will help to raise Derby's profile in game.

2. He will help to attract players to the club.

3.His long list contacts managers/ex-players will prove useful in finding/sourcing potential new signings.

4. His name can help to bring more commercial sponsorship on board.

5. Possibly lead to increase ticket sales

We in fact have more to lose by not giving Frank a chance. If he goes elsewhere and becomes successful we would forever be kicking ourselves.

Come Mel do the business and let's enter a new era of sucess 

Onwards and upwards 

22 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

My initial reaction was like alot of people no too inexperienced. But so was Brian Clough.

After thinking it over Is it a risk worth taking?. I would say yes for the  following reasons

1.He is highly respected throughout the game and this will help to raise Derby's profile in game.

2. He will help to attract players to the club.

3.His long list contacts managers/ex-players will prove useful in finding/sourcing potential new signings.

4. His name can help to bring more commercial sponsorship on board.

5. Possibly lead to increase ticket sales

We in fact have more to lose by not giving Frank a chance. If he goes elsewhere and becomes successful we would forever be kicking ourselves.

Come Mel do the business and let's enter a new era of sucess 

Onwards and upwards 

Just complete speculation on my part this, but:

May also help with a platform of bringing in investment from the Far East/China specifically.

After Beckham and Rooney probably one the highest profile English players that there has been in the much loved and followed PL.

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

Show the guy some respect.Hes obviously got more know how than you will ever have.Or would you rather
have a Maxwell type owner?Or maybe would would like the 3 Amigos back?

Keep your hair on......if you've got any.

The truth is,none of us actually really know what's going on

Sure lampards definitely in contention but probably as is Wassell plus the other 18 contenders.

I've very much warmed to lampard and his entourage,but I'd be equally happy with Smith and if we chose Wassell if be behind him too even though he's not as exciting a possibility..he still knows good football unlike rowett.

So unless we go for McCarthy or some other old has beens,it's pretty much win win for me whatever.

8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

He was at theFulham home leg, and the club announced that they had recorded a Ramstv meets 

But was the Rowett departure on even then ? .. I only say this because it was so very quick, which made me think somethings were in train .. even if only pencilled in ? 

27 minutes ago, jono said:

But was the Rowett departure on even then ? .. I only say this because it was so very quick, which made me think somethings were in train .. even if only pencilled in ? 

Eranio came back earlier in the season too. I don’t think there’s anything to look into truthfully. 

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 05:31, RoyMac5 said:

So what do you think @EssendonRam I imagine you don't believe me.

Not believe you about what?

I don't disagree with a word you said about Dean Smith and Mark Warburton although, of those mentioned in despatches, I'd be overjoyed if we could snag Martin O'Neill.

If it's Frank Lampard you're asking me if I believe you over: what exactly? That you think Lampard would suit Derby? I've no reason to doubt that you think he'd suit Derby; I'm loathe for us to go down another rookie manager TBH. Would I support Lampard if he came on board? Of course I would.

I'm just not sure I see it as a positive that he wants top dollar and no apprenticeship before taking on the Derby job. I'd prefer any of the three above before Lampard.

Archived