Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on. Let’s put a few things to bed here.

No way will we or should we go for Igor. He’s a legend, but he’s not qualified for the job. Hoping he’ll find us an Asanovic isn’t enough.

All the others that are currently in a job (Smith, Neil etc) are in a position where they would consider coming to Derby as a gamble when they’re already building something good elsewhere.

So realistically that only leaves Mick M and Warburton as managers with the right CV and are currently available so there’s not compensation.

i’d prefer Warburton as I think he plays the way most of us would want and Mick tends to be a bit more agricultural.

Unless there’s some left field alternative, or Mel has found another half a billion down his sofa to coax a top class foreigner, then it’ll be either of them two.

However, why is no one mentioning Wilder at the Blades? I’m not saying I want him (although I wouldn’t mind) but he’s not being mentioned at all.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

No way will we or should we go for Igor. He’s a legend, but he’s not qualified for the job. Hoping he’ll find us an Asanovic isn’t enough.

All the others that are currently in a job (Smith, Neil etc) are in a position where they would consider coming to Derby as a gamble when they’re already building something good elsewhere.

So realistically that only leaves Mick M and Warburton as managers with the right CV and are currently available so there’s not compensation.

i’d prefer Warburton as I think he plays the way most of us would want and Mick tends to be a bit more agricultural.

Unless there’s some left field alternative, or Mel has found another half a billion down his sofa to coax a top class foreigner, then it’ll be either of them two.

However, why is no one mentioning Wilder at the Blades? I’m not saying I want him (although I wouldn’t mind) but he’s not being mentioned at all.

Just signed a year extension with Shef U

2 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Disagree with that. We're in a tight position in terms of FFP right now but in a season's time the picture is going to be different. We're a big club for this league with a big fanbase and although it's not largely feasible right now, still a big budget. Brentford and Preston have longer-term limitations that Derby don't and I think they would seriously consider coming here.

Also regarding the last part of your post. Wilder signed a new contract today.

8 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

He's just signed a contract extension at The Blades....just sayin'

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Disagree with that. We're in a tight position in terms of FFP right now but in a season's time the picture is going to be different. We're a big club for this league with a big fanbase and although it's not largely feasible right now, still a big budget. Brentford and Preston have longer-term limitations that Derby don't and I think they would seriously consider coming here.

Also regarding the last part of your post. Wilder signed a new contract today.

It’s not so much the financial limitations that may put them off tho. More that, yes, they’ll have to cut their cloth, but also we have a smorgasbord of a squad that is lop sided in different ways. I’m not saying Alex Neil etc wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole...we’re a big club, big crowd big history etc, just that we are possibly an ugly challenge from their point of view.

and if we’re saving the pennies to please the FA’s accountants then Mick and Warburton would just step into Rowets wage/chair/shoes etc 

(although he’s obvs taken his shoes with him, so that they can distract the Stokeys from the crap football they’re watching too...??)

14 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Shrewsbury manager for me. 

The payout for him won't come close to the pay out for Rowett so him being employed shouldn't be an issue. 

They've hardly had cash to spend and he's turned them around in a season. Relegation battlers to promotion hopefuls. 

HOOOOOF

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

In order of preference:

1. Michael Laudrup
  2. Quique Sánchez Flores
  3. Oscar Garcia

Think they could all get a better job elsewhere. QSF was Stoke’s first choice but he didn’t want it.

Laudrup wouldn’t come here. I think he has a nice, cushty high earning job out in the far east.

Garcia doesn’t stick around long. I think due to family reasons, so not an ideal long-term option.

Would love any of them here, but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Think they could all get a better job elsewhere. QSF was Stoke’s first choice but he didn’t want it.

Laudrup wouldn’t come here. I think he has a nice, cushty high earning job out in the far east.

Garcia doesn’t stick around long. I think due to family reasons, so not an ideal long-term option.

Would love any of them here, but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

QSF said no when they went for Lambert. Then he got sacked. They did not go back to him a second time because he rejected them back in January. He would be amazing. Tbh, any foreign manager besides our ex players like Stimac would be good. It is the only thing that we have yet to try in ages. Someone who can bring with him an excellent scouting and recruitment network. Tons of great players across Europe that other Championship teams find for cheap, but we dont seem to have the proper recruitment in place for that. 

17 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not going to say you are wrong here but on what are you basing your assessment of Arteta's managerial skills?

Rated highly by Pep. Arsenal wanted him and nearly went with him. Comes across as classy in interviews/body language. Excellent player with quality, wouldn't set us up with 10 defensive players (I don't believe!).

Archived