Best book about dcfc

dog

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm hoping this is the complete list of autobiographies belonging to former players, managers, and chairman. I'm not sure if I'm missing any though. I still need 4 (see books in bold), with Craig Short's not released yet. Contact me if you'd like to sell a copy.

DCFC Autobiographies:

• Football's Progress, by Raich Carter
  • Sam's Story, by Sam Longson
  • Cloughie: Walking on Water My Life, by Brian Clough
  • Clough The Autobiography, by Brian Clough
  • With Clough By Taylor, by Peter Taylor
  • Clough's Champion, by Roy Mac
  • The Real Mackay, by Dave Mackay
  • From Bo'ness to the Bernabeu, by John McGovern
  • Both Sides of the Border, by Archie Gemmill
  • Toddy The Colin Todd Story, by Colin Todd
  • Running Through Walls: Dave Langan, by Dave Langan
  • My Story, by Charlie George
  • Cherry Picking: Life Between the Sticks, by Steve Cherry
  • The Doc: My Story: - Hallowed Be Thy Game, by Tommy Docherty
  • Regrets of a Football Maverick: The Terry Curran Autobiography, by Terry Curran
  • Merlin: The Autobiography of Gordon Hill, by Gordon Hill
  • John Robertson: Super Tramp, by John Robertson
  • Budgie: The Autobiography of Goalkeeping Legend, by John Burridge
  • Kenny Burns No Ifs or Butts, by Kenny Burns
  • The Boss, by John Gregory
  • Peter Shilton: The Autobiography, by Peter Shilton
  • The Tin Man, by Ted McMinn
  • Standing Tall: The Autobiography, by Craig Short
  • Captain for Life: And Other Temporary Assignments, by John Harkes
  • The Man With Maradona's Shirt, by Steve Hodge
  • The Autobiography, by Jim Smith
  • Back from the Brink, by Paul McGrath
  • Rise of the Underdog, by Danny Higginbotham
  • Ossie: Leon Osman My Autobiography, by Leon Osman
  • How Football Saved My Life, by Alan Stubbs
  • Savage!: The Robbie Savage Autobiography, by Robbie Savage
  • Killa: The Autobiography of Kevin Kilbane, by Kevin Kilbane

I'm also looking for any DCFC related book. There's at least 24 I haven't got yet, so have a rummage around and see if there are any you'd like to sell.

Peter doherty - spotlight on football

• 7 months later...

This book by local Derby historian Peter Seddon is an absolute “must read” for Derby County fans. Exquisitely and beautifully written, the prose takes you back 135 years to the very moments at the Bell Hotel in Sadlergate, Derby in May 1884 when the “upstart” Chocolate & Cambridge Blues were created; you are taken through the journey piece by piece and can almost hear the discussion which took place in that salubrious yet smokey hotel room. Beautiful stuff...Repton schoolmasters, farm labourers and Midland Railway clerks combine during a unique period of English social change to create the Beloved Club we know today. All in the name of filling the empty coffers of the faltering cricket club...

C5459DF1-8926-4B75-B958-AB6AD8BFDC7C.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This book, Raich Carter and Peter Doherty: Derby County's Perfect Partnership, has been unavailable to buy for a very long time (unless you wanted to pay £182.80 for it).
I emailed the publisher a few weeks ago and it appears they snuck it on to Amazon, without replying to me, 2 weeks back. I have no idea if it's a good read or not, but it's pretty cheap at just £9.99 - so worth adding to your collections.

P.S. does anyone have 'Let's Talk About Derby County Football Club' by Tom Morgan?

• 2 months later...
On 24/12/2019 at 00:28, Ellafella said:

This book by local Derby historian Peter Seddon is an absolute “must read” for Derby County fans. Exquisitely and beautifully written, the prose takes you back 135 years to the very moments at the Bell Hotel in Sadlergate, Derby in May 1884 when the “upstart” Chocolate & Cambridge Blues were created; you are taken through the journey piece by piece and can almost hear the discussion which took place in that salubrious yet smokey hotel room. Beautiful stuff...Repton schoolmasters, farm labourers and Midland Railway clerks combine during a unique period of English social change to create the Beloved Club we know today. All in the name of filling the empty coffers of the faltering cricket club...

C5459DF1-8926-4B75-B958-AB6AD8BFDC7C.jpeg

Who has a relative amongst these players, I'm one, any more out there?

On 23/12/2019 at 17:01, Spanish said:

I know we have one for shirts by @loweman2but I couldn’t see one for other bits and bobs.

i picked this up a few weeks ago
75FC8ABF-F70B-40E0-91FC-7448A95E4F03.thumb.jpeg.7b225e9e76ec917dd0e7674c40c05b26.jpeg

On 13/07/2020 at 11:02, Ghost of Clough said:

This book, Raich Carter and Peter Doherty: Derby County's Perfect Partnership, has been unavailable to buy for a very long time (unless you wanted to pay £182.80 for it).
I emailed the publisher a few weeks ago and it appears they snuck it on to Amazon, without replying to me, 2 weeks back. I have no idea if it's a good read or not, but it's pretty cheap at just £9.99 - so worth adding to your collections.

P.S. does anyone have 'Let's Talk About Derby County Football Club' by Tom Morgan?

@Ghost of Clough

• 1 year later...
On 20/05/2018 at 20:53, Bob The Badger said:

I used to spend hours pouring over this one. I wish they'd update it.

Dave MAc .JPG

It got updated twice. The last one was 2006 by Gerald Mortimer. A funny story about this cover, a transparency had been chosen from Raymonds News Agency, a lovely action image of Alan Hinton volleying the ball, everyone thought it worthy of the jacket. Then we looked closely and found out it was Steve Wicks.

Not about Derby but its the story of the 1971/72 season, which obviously includes many mentions of the eventual League Champions as it chronicles the season month by month.

Its not about stats and tables, more of a fantastic collection of stories and anecdotes that links the author's theme of "Footballs greatest season".

Well worth a read to anyone as old as me but possibly a great insight to football of that era to younger fans as well.

https://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/7172

Not about Derby but a good read and an interesting insight into the Clough family and their “adopted” son Craig Bromfield. I think Craig got some help from some Members on here with research for the book. Anyhow on p236. is the explanation behind Brian’s famous quote “ Derby is a football city, Nottingham never has been”. 
Nice one Craig. Amazing story. 

CF903C18-F2A4-4DDE-98D2-D3B31495EBA9.jpeg