Best book about dcfc

dog

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Excellent book. Film nearly as good. 

The_Damned_Utd_cover.png

Boo!

I did speak with Peter Morgan who had the job of trying to adapt the book for the film and said how difficult it was because in the book apparently (I've not read it as it was so despised by the Clough family) Brian is permanently drunk. Peter said he had to try to remove all of that. And that he hoped the family would be far happier with his version, but I've not heard if they commented on it.

Personally I'm not at all a fan of this weird genre called faction, where people like Peace make stuff up and then people read it and think it was true.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Boo!

I did speak with Peter Morgan who had the job of trying to adapt the book for the film and said how difficult it was because in the book apparently (I've not read it as it was so despised by the Clough family) Brian is permanently drunk. Peter said he had to try to remove all of that. And that he hoped the family would be far happier with his version, but I've not heard if they commented on it.

Personally I'm not at all a fan of this weird genre called faction, where people like Peace make stuff up and then people read it and think it was true.

I think it's a well written book in its own right but yes agree that there are some very blurred lines over bits that were imagined by the author and those that actually happened - noteably believe Johnny Giles successfully sued the author for misrepresentations.

I think I've mentioned it before but Andrew Ward's biography of his Dad, Tim, titled "Armed With A Football" is well worth hunting out. IIRC it was published by Breedon like many books about DCFC. 

My other favourites are Ian Hall's "Voices Of The Rams" and Tony Francis' "And There Was Some Football Too" written to mark our centenary but coinciding with our near extinction and the arrival of Maxwell and Arthur Cox.