Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

I imagine that if you look back at my posts over the last year or so, the majority will refer to my dislike for Rowett. I made no secret of it, even when we were getting results. Because I found him unpleasant, I didn’t trust what he was saying and, most importantly (to me) the brand of football seemed archaic and tough to sit through. But he got better results than I anticipated so never would I have called for his head. Just last week I suggested that maybe he’d tweak the playing style, perhaps recruit a couple of younger players to kick us on, and that I’d maybe grow to like him. 

Well... turns out he’s the devious bloke I suspected, the sort we were warned about by fans of his previous club. A media savvy, ‘say the right things’, modern day manager who has achieved diddly so far in his career. 

If him going to the backyard that is Stoke sees a return for us to ‘attacking’ football and centre mids who are allowed to express themselves, happy days. Got to feel this is a fresh, clean slate for all those Rowett dumped out on loan last summer, after pushing Hughes out too. ******. 

Not thought of a replacement yet, still buzzing about this news.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Me

he assembled several of the aging tools instead of trying the latest technology.

hes a two faced disloyal ***** who failed ultimately.

sold Hughes, sold Ince, loaned out Bryson and Martin and we have the cheek to call Pearson, even his tenure wasn't as bad.

good riddance Gary you two faced disloyal arsewipe. Take you sneakers and big ears and do one. In reality of course, leave the friggin building.

I am sure he sold Hughes, Ince etc with out MM's consent????? Really??? you believe that?

He came in under no illusion as to what his remit was. 

It is the same now as it was then. Balance the books. 

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Does this mean we can look forward to a few weeks without having to put up with your incessant and cringeworthy whining or will you simply be ramping up your 'I want to make babies with Chris Martin's' posts?

And what exactly are you thanking Mel for you utter clown? Rowett walked, he wasn't pushed.

Suck it up buttercup...

And if you think that Mel didnt have a hand in this,and played it to his advantage, then you are dimmer than I thought......

The playoffs finally illustrated rowett dire inadequacies as a manager to the gaffer......

Bz4tJnw3uep8s.gif

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

He came in under no illusion as to what his remit was. 

It is the same now as it was then. Balance the books. 

Hughes + ££££ = Lawrence

What a splendid job he did on that front.

58 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If Rowett goes to Stoke he has the capacity to become the most unpopular ex Derby manager since billy Davies. 

Really?

Most people I've spoken to seem decidely unfussed.

Even though on paper it looks like disloyalty, you can't really blame him - he knows the score at Derby regarding what he needs to do next season. He knows that fan expectation is still massive despite him having to gut the squad and rebuild on far less money. He also knows he'd get sacked by xmas if it wasn't go well. Meanwhile Stoke have parachute payments and a decent PL squad.

Meanwhile, Derby fans seem to be secretly breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to watch dull sh**housing Rowettball any more*

I'm sure we'll give him stick when he returns, but I wouldn't say that we'd hate him for it.

*unless we get Mick McCarthy, then I will personally hunt down Rowett and stick my season ticket up his sneaker-hole

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

Hughes + ££££ = Lawrence

I am not going to say Lawrence has lit up the team because he hasn't really. However Hughes was never the player he once was after injury and not exactly setting the Premiership alight.

However my argument still stands that I am sure he was told to balance the books and some had to go

7 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Really?

Even though on paper it looks like disloyalty, you can't really blame him - he knows the score at Derby regarding what he needs to do next season. He knows that fan expectation is still massive despite him having to gut the squad and rebuild on far less money. He also knows he'd get sacked by xmas if it wasn't go well. Meanwhile Stoke have parachute payments and a decent PL squad.

Meanwhile, Derby fans seem to be secretly breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to watch dull sh**housing Rowettball any more*

I'm sure we'll give him stick when he returns, but I wouldn't say that we'd hate him for it.

*unless we get Mick McCarthy, then I will personally hunt down Rowett and stick my season ticket up his sneaker-hole

Didn't like him a year ago after selling hughes and Ince.

didnt like him a week ago after making me endure rubbish football for the season, failing to bring through any youth, lying through his teeth with the young hungry squad and tactics to suit the occasion rhetoric.

really don't like the coward now just because he's got more money to spend at Stoke.

11 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Really?

Well you say that, but could be he’s just a ****

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

I am not going to say Lawrence has lit up the team because he hasn't really. However Hughes was never the player he once was after injury and not exactly setting the Premiership alight.

However my argument still stands that I am sure he was told to balance the books and some had to go

Yeah but you don't sell your 2 best players then bring loads of over 30 year olds. Stupid mistake and that's now dead money as we will never get it back.

it was totally unnecessary to go out and spend around £13 mil on players.

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

Hughes + ££££ = Lawrence

I thought it was Lawrence + ££££ = Ince ?

(next bit not directed at you @Anon - Just putting it in the same post)

I'm not sure I like all this Rowett bashing now - He hasn't been my favourite manager - He hasn't even been my favourite manager in the last 5 years - But he did a job for us, never backed down, came across like he was up front and open about things, told us when he was disappointed in the side/performance etc and has decided that a move to Stoke is the best thing for his career - Fair play to him

I think let's just accept that he's moving on - And hope that whoever comes in recognises the potential we have, can get the best out of the squad, plays some nice football and hopefully makes best use of some of the talent in the academy - I want the next Hughes/Hendrick/Huddlestone through please - Who do we have in the academy with a "H" name?

8 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5665221/Will-Hughes-not-wonderkid-anymore-cultured-midfielder-impressing-Watford.html

Being watched by the England manager - There was some rumour that he was an outside shout for the England squad at one point - I think he's doing fine in the Premier League

If there's any interest from Premier League clubs, every manager and player wants to be in the Premier League.

"It is always flattering but for me this was probably the job out of any job I was hoping to do.

"This club is set up in a Premier League way."

"The second I took it, it was about seeing the job through. Since I have come to the club, I have had a fantastic relationship with all the people here.

GR January 2018

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lawrence hasn't been fantastic, but not anywhere near as bad as fans make him out to be.

Next season will be huge for him, perhaps a different manager will see a more confident, creative player that people saw at Ipswich.

Agree with that.....we have seen glimpses of what he can do but with a system that suits he him,he could really impress.

Hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lawrence hasn't been fantastic, but not anywhere near as bad as fans make him out to be.

Next season will be huge for him, perhaps a different manager will see a more confident, creative player that people saw at Ipswich.

Lawrence's biggest mistake was not being Will Hughes or Tom Ince.

Archived