Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

13 minutes ago, Redcar said:

He clearly lost the fans during the last game after the South Stand used the Forest chant about his shitt trainers.

I really won't miss all the "viss and vat and ven"....... my god it got on my titts.

I started the chant about the trainers for a laugh after he refused to start the bounce, most fans in the south stand were singing his name throughout the game.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Thought of a better Ginger Spice. Stevie Mac with his ginger hair island.

I always like that every once in a while someone will quote Athletico Mince (usually re: Steve Mclaren too) and only a few will get the reference. Have a like bless ya 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

“ROWETT MOVE PUT ON HOLD”

Reports coming in that whilst on route to the Potteries that a better offer has come in from an unknown club.

The yet unnamed rumoured Championship club thought to play very close to the Trent have matched Stokes offer.  But in addition have thrown in a packet of “Jaffa Cakes” to sweeten the deal.

Sources close to the journeyman manager report he has pulled into a lay-by to fully explore the improved offer.  

We'll be having no gaffer japes about Jaffa Cakes, thank you very much.

It's making me cumpsulively check the news to find there is none.

Last time I was this bad it was the day Huddlestone went to Spurs and I listened to every 5 live sports update all day, before being relieved he hadn't gone at midnight and gutted just after when they announced his move.

47 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

I'm assuming he's taking his back room staff with him, probably minus Kevin Phillips.

hope he takes the whole lot. We don't look well coached in any area at the moment. Playing on memory and reaction.

Can I just ask for a united front from this forum if our new manager decides that Martin and Bryson’s time is up , it’s been so divisive for too long now and the last thing we need is the next manager being prejudged on whether he sees them in his plans

Dont you read papers or watch tv its been reported for 2 days that he is in talks with Stoke.Why would he bother if he sgowed loyalty to the club.I can hear you saying "well if it means more money" surely on his wages there comes a point   when money means little

Absolutely great news that he’s gone, now we can hopefully look forward to a new manager who wants to play expansive football, utilising a mix of youth and experience ..

I know that I have been seen as one of the ‘moaners’, but in reality it’s not always been a case of ‘for or against Gary’ (in a personal sense), but more ‘for or against his style of management and football ethic’; and I think that many who were ‘in his camp’ will soon come to realise the damage that he has done to the club during his time in charge ..

Something that I believe may even have been much worse had we somehow been promoted to the Premiership under his tenure ! 

Next season will be, at the very least, “interesting” .. 

46 minutes ago, Moist One said:

hope he takes the whole lot. We don't look well coached in any area at the moment. Playing on memory and reaction.

It's sometimes hard to tell how effective coaches have been  but part of me thinks a complete clear out and a fresh start might be beneficial.

30 minutes ago, archied said:

Can I just ask for a united front from this forum if our new manager decides that Martin and Bryson’s time is up , it’s been so divisive for too long now and the last thing we need is the next manager being prejudged on whether he sees them in his plans

If we get in a manager with a reputation for playing football and if they are adequately replaced then sure. 

Alternatively would you be board if they are back in the plans ? 

Archived