Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

5 minutes ago, Mckram said:

He was 7/1 early doors with Moyesy the favourite.

I guess when you look at that list of names you can understand why Stoke fans seem over the moon! They’ve avoided Moyes, Big Sam, McCarthy, Pardew, Pearson and Carvalhal - that’s some effort!

54E35A15-3D8B-49E7-875B-F9D11428FF3B.png.651bb451b1f0dcff47a3b40cbacf69be.png

We might get one of them though 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I guess when you look at that list of names you can understand why Stoke fans seem over the moon! They’ve avoided Moyes, Big Sam, McCarthy, Pardew, Pearson and Carvalhal - that’s some effort!

54E35A15-3D8B-49E7-875B-F9D11428FF3B.png.651bb451b1f0dcff47a3b40cbacf69be.png

Will Rowett have to survive 10 games without being sacked before the bookies pay out

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

We might get one of them though 

I was thinking after I posted...guaranteed that we will have the same names first thing tomorrow morning! Except swap Rowett for Lambert! ??

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Will Rowett have to survive 10 games without being sacked before the bookies pay out

I believe as he’s a permenant manager on a long term contract he’s not classed as interim or anything so they should pay out straight away. 

14 minutes ago, Mckram said:

They might have avoided the other muppets, but they've ended up with Rowett. What did they call that recruitment exercise, "operation frying pan - fire"....?

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I've had a spring in my step ever since this development broke.

Spare a thought for Stoke tonight, they still see this as a good move. God help them, although, they'll be well used to hoofball I suppose....

Just read the Oakcake forum and bar the odd miser you get on most forums, they are practically doing cartwheels if not creaming themselves.

Interesting they think he might bring Delap along, with the usual speculation about Carson on the cheap and Vydra.

Just now, Zag zig said:

Just read the Oakcake forum and bar the odd miser you get on most forums, they are practically doing cartwheels if not creating themselves.

Interesting they think he might bring Delap along, with the usual speculation about Carson on the cheap and Vydra.

On the bright side, it won't take too long for the penny to start dropping, but like I said earlier, it's Stoke, they'll be used to Rowett-ball, they practically enjoy it...

If You took Igor Stimacs name off the top of his CV then looked at what he’s achived in management would anyone seriously want him appointed ? 

He’s been terrible we’d be better off with them two cheeky chappies that managed Salford FC 

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

1.8m compo is shocking. It was 1.7 prior to the new deal wtf?

It was also prior to us discovering just how incredibly limited he is as a manager.

If we were paying anything over 50p for Rowett I'd be fuming.

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If You took Igor Stimacs name off the top of his CV then looked at what he’s achived in management would anyone seriously want him appointed ? 

He’s been terrible we’d be better off with them two cheeky chappies that managed Salford FC 

My hope would be him as DOF - scouting the Croatian league and then have a coach beneath him

Archived