Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

4 minutes ago, Waffle said:

My hope would be him as DOF - scouting the Croatian league and then have a coach beneath him

Every decent player in Croatia is snapped up by a big Bundesliga side before they even make it at senior level these days.

The Igor thing is a bit of a silly idea. He was great when he was with us, but appointing him in the hope he’d find the next version of himself for the first time in a quarter of a century doesn’t fill me with confidence.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Ha, it was me not LeedsRam!

You've forgotten that the condition was he still had to be here at the end of 2018/19 though! (The point I was making was that he would bring success if given time - little did I consider that he potentially wouldn't be giving us time....) Happy to shout a pint though!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28869-manner-of-performances/?page=8

You're on!

I've been very pro Rowett and always stuck up for him through times when myself may have lost a bit if beleif so in all honesty this has well and truly pissed me off. I feel betrayed by Rowett as I'm sure many others do. It's ******** about things of changed he knew the remit when he came here and in all honesty I think he's given up on us , **** all loyalty. I try to be loyal the manager as a fan , and for what ? 

This next appointment is going to be key now and could be critical to the future of DCFC , not only do we need to appoint a new manager /head coach we need to employ a director of football with a clear vision in the game or in fact our game should be played them we need to implement the style and use this as a basis for players we sign so if the manager does decide to suddenly up and **** off as soon as someone else flutters there eye lashes it will be a seamless transition. Current managers id be interested in is approaching / interviewing are 

Paul Cook 

Paul Simpson 

Dean Smith 

Darren Wassall 

Carlos Carvahal

He did this at Burton , got the job after a shaky start.. then after a good season Blackpool enquiries and he went to the interview , obviously not enough money but within a month he went to Birmingham .. if he doesn't go stoke now he will leave soon, Get rid while it early.

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've been very pro Rowett and always stuck up for him through times when myself may have lost a bit if beleif so in all honesty this has well and truly pissed me off. I feel betrayed by Rowett as I'm sure many others do. It's ******** about things of changed he knew the remit when he came here and in all honesty I think he's given up on us , **** all loyalty. I try to be loyal the manager as a fan , and for what ? 

This next appointment is going to be key now and could be critical to the future of DCFC , not only do we need to appoint a new manager /head coach we need to employ a director of football with a clear vision in the game or in fact our game should be played them we need to implement the style and use this as a basis for players we sign so if the manager does decide to suddenly up and **** off as soon as someone else flutters there eye lashes it will be a seamless transition. Current managers id be interested in is approaching / interviewing are 

Paul Cook 

Paul Simpson 

Dean Smith 

Darren Wassall 

Carlos Carvahal

I'm hoping you've put the last 2 on there for banter. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

My point was if he doesn't go and we don't get the £2 mil,we would have to pay that for sacking him. Really hope he goes!

Put him on gardening leave.

Or, have him cleaning out the toilets on match days.

10 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Put him on gardening leave.

Or, have him cleaning out the toilets on match days.

Relieved of first team duty, but still a contracted employee of the club...academy kit man? Ticket office staff... There would be ways to get some value back and not just pay him off or have him at home on gardening leave.

Ok, match day toilet attendant.

I will never forgive GR for freezing Will Hughes out and selling him. I still believe WH would have stayed if he had of felt wanted. 

No matter, the club is bigger than any individual so I got behind GR and wanted him to succed. I believe he’s done ok, not brilliant but ok. 

I expected another full season of Gary to tweak his 3 at the back system, improve the attacking options and bring on a few youngsters, I thought the unbelievers would warm to him after his big statement of commitment to Derby in January. 

Can you imagine a statement today from him saying “I’m flattered with Stokes interest but I want to fulfill my ambitions with Derby County” 

He would have guaranteed a full season of support from most of us who wanted him to succeed.

He’s lost any backing he had now imo and I’ll be waiting on the A50 at McDonalds roundabout in Utch to shout abuse st him as he drives      past.

wanka, wanka, wanka

Archived