Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

43 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You mean the only manager in 20+ seasons that has actually had any success at all...? I imagine Gary would be quite please to be spoke about in the same conversation as the king. 

You’re just about the only person in existence that doesn’t think of him as my big, shiny bell

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Interesting that we have no money but bid £6 million for James McClean in January. 

I still think we'll have funds. But more if we sell players. 

I’m wondering if Mel froze Gary out the purse. Can’t trust him with the funds and now this has all worked out perfectly by us receiving compensation instead of paying him. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You may well he right but youngsters tend not to be able to successfully do Saturday Tuesday Saturday and maybe we could improve them with the likes of Bryson operating in tandem 

Maybe, but I’m sure the idea was that if we didn’t go up we would be bringing youth through, and after a full season of knocking Rowett’s Dad’s Army signings here we are looking ahead to giving chances to 2 players in their 30s. Also sounds kind of disrespectful to be giving them a “chance” having been at the club so long. 

After weeks of Mac 3 talk, now it’s Paul Simpson and even saw a Eric Steele suggestion earlier it feels like we’re trying to organise a Spice Girls reunion.

At the end of the day a lot would depend on offers that come in and how the next manager wants to play, we have Huddlestone, Johnson, Ledley and Bryson all 30+, If there is an opportunity to move a couple on and replace with a player 24/27 whilst also bringing a Elsnik/Guy through great. 

Same up top, Jerome, Nugent and Martin all 30s (or close).

So far as I can fathom, Stoke approached Derby for permission to approach Rowett, and that makes Rowett a scum bucket according to a lot of people on here. Now I made no secret of the fact that I didn't like the football we were playing under Rowett, but some of the comments in here by certain posters are frankly embarrassing.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

So far as I can fathom, Stoke approached Derby for permission to approach Rowett, and that makes Rowett a scum bucket according to a lot of people on here. Now I made no secret of the fact that I didn't like the football we were playing under Rowett, but some of the comments in here by certain posters are frankly embarrassing.

Where did you get that version from? Every version I've read has 'Rowett asked to speak with Stoke' as the line.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, eddie said:

But dont you know everyone criticising rowett would stay with the company they work for no matter what, even if someone offered them three times salary increase. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where did you get that version from? Every version I've read has 'Rowett asked to speak with Stoke' as the line.

Stoke made the initial approach at which point rowett asked to be allowed to speak to them

He clearly lost the fans during the last game after the South Stand used the Forest chant about his shitt trainers.

I really won't miss all the "viss and vat and ven"....... my god it got on my titts.

48 minutes ago, David said:

He played what would amount to 17 games, that’s not even half a season. Has he got a full season in him, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? Could prove me wrong but I’m seeing another Jamie Ward situation, we would be holding on to him trying to get every last drop we can, all the time blocking the path of someone much younger with a whole career ahead of them. 

Alternatively you could argue he could be rotated with one of youngsters such as guy. Leaving us with experience for the big games but also allowing a youth player to develop

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would he want to, isn't this his dream job? He could have said no thanks.

Perhaps it isnt anymore. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

He played what would amount to 17 games, that’s not even half a season. Has he got a full season in him, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? Could prove me wrong but I’m seeing another Jamie Ward situation, we would be holding on to him trying to get every last drop we can, all the time blocking the path of someone much younger with a whole career ahead of them. 

Fair shout - I'd like to see Hanson get a bit more game time - I still think he looks a tidy footballer, decent tackler and seems full of energy

But equally I'm not ruling Bryson out yet - From the reviews I saw and having chatted with a couple of Cardiff fans he had some really good games for them - And I could count on one hand the number of good games Johnson has had for us this season

Plus I'd argue that Cardiff showed that mix-and-match midfield can work - Doesn't have to be the same guys every week

12 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe, but I’m sure the idea was that if we didn’t go up we would be bringing youth through, and after a full season of knocking Rowett’s Dad’s Army signings here we are looking ahead to giving chances to 2 players in their 30s. Also sounds kind of disrespectful to be giving them a “chance” having been at the club so long. 

After weeks of Mac 3 talk, now it’s Paul Simpson and even saw a Eric Steele suggestion earlier it feels like we’re trying to organise a Spice Girls reunion.

At the end of the day a lot would depend on offers that come in and how the next manager wants to play, we have Huddlestone, Johnson, Ledley and Bryson all 30+, If there is an opportunity to move a couple on and replace with a player 24/27 whilst also bringing a Elsnik/Guy through great. 

Same up top, Jerome, Nugent and Martin all 30s (or close).

My Spice Rams:

Craig Bryson - Sporty Spice (never stops running)
Mark Pembridge - Ginger Spice (obvious reasons)
Jason Shackell - Baby Spice (has obviously got a dummy which he spat in Wassell's direction)
Jacob Butterfield - Posh Spice (has anyone ever seen him crack a smile?)
Richard Keogh - Scary Spice (those kit modelling photos)

“ROWETT MOVE PUT ON HOLD”

Reports coming in that whilst on route to the Potteries that a better offer has come in from an unknown club.

The yet unnamed rumoured Championship club thought to play very close to the Trent have matched Stokes offer.  But in addition have thrown in a packet of “Jaffa Cakes” to sweeten the deal.

Sources close to the journeyman manager report he has pulled into a lay-by to fully explore the improved offer.  

1 minute ago, DerbyPride said:

My Spice Rams:

Craig Bryson - Sporty Spice (never stops running)
Mark Pembridge - Ginger Spice (obvious reasons)
Jason Shackell - Baby Spice (has obviously got a dummy which he spat in Wassell's direction)
Jacob Butterfield - Posh Spice (has anyone ever seen him crack a smile?)
Richard Keogh - Scary Spice (those kit modelling photos)

Thought of a better Ginger Spice. Stevie Mac with his ginger hair island.

38 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’m wondering if Mel froze Gary out the purse. Can’t trust him with the funds and now this has all worked out perfectly by us receiving compensation instead of paying him. 

No, West Brom blocked the move 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

“ROWETT MOVE PUT ON HOLD”

Reports coming in that whilst on route to the Potteries that a better offer has come in from an unknown club.

The yet unnamed rumoured Championship club thought to play very close to the Trent have matched Stokes offer.  But in addition have thrown in a packet of “Jaffa Cakes” to sweeten the deal.

Sources close to the journeyman manager report he has pulled into a lay-by to fully explore the improved offer.  

Cant see Burton matching stokes deal.

Archived