Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Bringing Martin and Bryson back into the fold would be like two new signings in itself...

Maybe, I'm a fan of Martin but a lot of hope seems to be put on him.

what happens if the new manager doesn't feel he wants him?

Two out of the last four have thought that way, do it's a 50/50 chance!

People saying "I can understand why he's going to Stoke because they have money to spend" They'll probably spend £50 million in the summer.

But looking at their squad, they will need more than that to be competitive in my opinion. Butland, Shaqiri, Allen, N'Diaye just off the top of my head you would expect to leave. Couple that with their strikers being Peter Crouch and Saido Berainho (Neither of which would get in our side) Charlie Adam in midfield. They are gonna be losing players and a lot of the ones that are sticking around aren't that good. £50 million might not be enough. They need a complete rebuild. But he will have money to do it. 

Villa came down 2 seasons ago and spent 40 odd million, Boro came down and spent £45 million and finished 3 points ahead of us. Both of them look like they could still be in this division next season. Money guarantees nothing.

Obviously it could go any way of course. But I really hope he fails spectacularly. The absolute snake.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Manager’s prerogative. But if our spending is going to be limited next season then we have a proven goal scorer right there. Free, because he’s already ours.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

People saying "I can understand why he's going to Stoke because they have money to spend" They'll probably spend £50 million in the summer.

But looking at their squad, they will need more than that to be competitive in my opinion. Butland, Shaqiri, Allen, N'Diaye just off the top of my head you would expect to leave. Couple that with their strikers being Peter Crouch and Saido Berainho (Neither of which would get in our side) Charlie Adam in midfield. They are gonna be losing players and a lot of the ones that are sticking around aren't that good. £50 million might not be enough. They need a complete rebuild. But he will have money to do it. 

Villa came down 2 seasons ago and spent 40 odd million, Boro came down and spent £45 million and finished 3 points ahead of us. Both of them look like they could still be in this division next season. Money guarantees nothing.

Obviously it could go any way of course. But I really hope he fails spectacularly. The absolute snake.

It's not like they've come down with a galvanized squad of fighters who are in it as a project. It's not easy managing newly relegated club's.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not like they've come down with a galvanized squad of fighters who are in it as a project. It's not easy managing newly relegated club's.

They're squad is absolutely awful. The decent players they have will be gone. 

Complete rebuild done there. Rowett has gone there for money.

Not many teams have gone straight back up after coming down. Newcastle the last. 

The Championship is getting more and more difficult.

I also hope he falls over with his hands in his pockets.

8 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Manager’s prerogative. But if our spending is going to be limited next season then we have a proven goal scorer right there. Free, because he’s already ours.

Fair points, I would also argue that oddly enough rowett has left us with the plan B striker that we always felt we needed during macs reign in Jerome. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Fair points, I would also argue that oddly enough rowett has left us with the plan B striker that we always felt we needed during macs reign in Jerome. 

Vydra, Jerome, Nugent, Martin, Weimann  - decent options all. Sadly, our midfield completely lacks any great creativity.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Vydra, Jerome, Nugent, Martin, Weimann  - decent options all. Sadly, our midfield completely lacks any great creativity.

Your forgetting we have butterfeild to come back ?

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The two that wanted him both wanted to play decent football, the two that didn't both wanted to play hoofball.  IMO It's not that Martin is the be all and end all, it's more that wanting a player like Martin in your team is indicative of what kind of football we're likely to be seeing next season.

8 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Thorne (played properly). Bryson, Elsnik, Huddlestone, Johnson, Guy, Lawrence played more centrally. If a manager can't fathom something creative out of that they don't deserve to be called a Manager.

Sorry, I forgot about Butterfield!

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thorne (played properly). Bryson, Elsnik, Huddlestone, Johnson, Guy, Lawrence played more centrally. If a manager can't fathom something creative out of that they don't deserve to be called a Manager.

This, these players need to be further up the pitch, not camped on our 18 yard box. Difficult to create from there.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The two that wanted him both wanted to play decent football, the two that didn't both wanted to play hoofball.  IMO It's not that Martin is the be all and end all, it's more that wanting a player like Martin in your team is indicative of what kind of football we're likely to be seeing next season.

This is what I've been getting at all season (have you really,some cry)....

Proper attacking,joined up,passing to the feet football is all I want to see.

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Elsnick and Guy has no chance under Rowett - they’re under 30. Only reason Lawrence got in was because someone said he was 35.

Besides, under Rowett, creativity has to start at the back, and bypass midfield completely...

Haven’t you just said in another topic that Bryson (31) and Martin (30 in Nov) will be like 2 new signings? ?

Nowt wrong with being over 30, I’m 36 and in great shape....ahem.

1 minute ago, David said:

Haven’t you just said in another topic that Bryson (31) and Martin (30 in Nov) will be like 2 new signings? ?

Nowt wrong with being over 30, I’m 36 and in great shape....ahem.

Are you a midfielder (preferably an attacking one)?

Archived