Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as i actually would like Rowett to go, I'm worried about who would actually want to come to us. Ageing squad, no money to spend, likely to have to sell our best players. I can't imagine there are many managers out there who would be interested - unless they are from a smaller club/division

Just now, ram93 said:

As much as i actually would like Rowett to go, I'm worried about who would actually want to come to us. Ageing squad, no money to spend, likely to have to sell our best players. I can't imagine there are many managers out there who would be interested - unless they are from a smaller club/division

We'd be beating them off with a stick, but more to the point would be who could work with Mel?

1 minute ago, ram93 said:

Clough2

5 minutes ago, ram93 said:

Gareth Ainsworth?

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well, perennial losers is not quite right, how can a 6th place finish be an upward trajectory when recently we have finished 10th, 3rd, 8th, 5th, 9th.

Last season we started awful, Mac came in put us up there then Rowett came in, apart from that season we have got less points since our 10th finish under Clough. So how has taken us from perennial losers to top 6, when we have been in and around the top 6 for 4 years?

Gary has had to cut costs 

51 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Lets be honest, Financially we seem *******, broke, and skint

I wish people would stop saying we're broke, skint etc. You're broke if there is not money in the bank. That will never be an issue for Derby as long as Mel is in charge. The challenges come from ensuring we fall within FFP not selling Vydra so that we can afford to turn the floodlights on. 

53 minutes ago, David said:

Of course sticking with the wrong man is a bad choice, but I don’t believe Rowett is the wrong man and far from being inept. Whilst his style of football may not be enjoyed by all sections of the fan base, he is not the tactical clown that he has been made out to be.

Having witnessed the January “wobble” first hand, it would be nice to see a manager given the time to fix those issues and not bring in a new man that sets us back to square one where they want to give Martin, Bryson and co another chance as we look to rewind the clock back to 2014. We need to move on, look forward, not back.

It’s been said there will be no significant investment this summer, another change of style is the last thing we need. Rowett would be a huge loss for the club if he was to leave. 

My only hope is that if the worst was to happen and did leave we would look to replace with a like minded manager to cause minimal disruption.

I appreciate a lot of that David but the thought of a replacement in his image fills me with dread...

Transitioning to a more fluid style of football would be a lot easier than continuing with this kick and run style that has clearly not been welcomed by many of the squad....(vydra bring the exception)

This is all throughly depressing. Likely to be yet another season of a new manager trying to make a silk purse from the previous 3/4 managers' sows ears.

I'm not blind to Rowetts faults but next season is about to get a whole lot harder......

32 minutes ago, DCFCMANIFOLD said:

An earlier suggestion by @Whitefield is an interesting one, that of C Carvalhal. He has championship experience and would probably look to play more of a forward flowing attacking game, which seems to be the going consent. 

Assuming the players could adapt to the new style, that is ...

Depends if you appoint Cautious Carlos or Cavalier Carlos, first season we played some cracking stuff but the latter season and a half was turgid stuff.

By Friday....

Rowett Leaves.

Clough x2 appointed.

Clough explains his new tactics and highlights the games where he would "take a draw".

Connor Sammon resigns along with 3 more Scottish players.

Shaun Barker becomes part of the coaching team.

Buxton brought in to bring some strength in depth.

Lawrence allowed to leave form having too much flair.

Jamie ward signs and will be a starting player along side Bryson and Martin.

Archived