Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, David said:

Rowett hasn’t taken us down the table and looking at League one over our shoulders though, in fact we finished higher than we did last season and was 45 minutes away from Wembley regardless of how you view the performance in the play offs. 

Also Wassall was in temporary charge until the end of the season, if I recall correctly fans were calling for stability then, just under the guidance of Nigel Pearson, for a few weeks at least. 

Then we had calls for him to leave so it’s not a case of stability for stability sake regardless of who it is, clearly Pearson was the wrong man. 

Clearly whether Rowett is the right man is debatable. But surely above any debate is sticking with the wrong man is a bad choice. Disruption is preferable to ineptness in the manager role.

It's about Mel making good choices, and I'd argue he's got it wrong more than right so far.

Just now, GboroRam said:

Clearly whether Rowett is the right man is debatable. But surely above any debate is sticking with the wrong man is a bad choice. Disruption is preferable to ineptness in the manager role.

It's about Mel making good choices, and I'd argue he's got it wrong more than right so far.

Carson will leave he likes Gary 

Winnall won’t sign I doubt etc etc. 

Just now, cosmic said:

To answer your question..! Look at how Pearson struggled to see how you can shoehorn in a talented group of players into a system they can’t play. 

The point being is to pick a system your (large) squad and U23s can play - Pearson nearly got there as @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong says. So what system couldn't we play?

Top of the head candidates:

Paul Simpson - probably a seamless change, knows the club, great links with England youth players

Carlos Carvalhal - worth a punt? recruit some foreign players for once?

Mick McCarthy - hoooof

Dean Smith - does well under Brentford's set-up but would he do well under ours?

Slaviša Jokanović - try to tempt him over only if Fulham don't go up - but maybe still out of our reach

Dads Army merry-go-round, Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce - no thanks!

Who knows, never a dull moment at DCFC.

Funny how nobody can play in a rowett system but now we have enough players to play any system ,,, oh dear ,

and ffs please god don’t let it be anybody who takes over and does the Chris Martin shuffle all over again ,don’t think I could bear the subject debate another time ,, 

Sounds like its up to Rowett then. 

He knows what the remit is. Has done since he got here. Morris has never hidden that funds would be tighter and the wage bill would need reducing. He did it last summer. 

If he goes. Hes going for money. Simple as that. 

As much as I don't want him to go. Don't dig your heals in if he wants out Mel. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Noooooo!!!!

Told you Mel sees him as yes-Mel man. Who else will toe Mels line?

You realise, that regardless of what anyone thinks of Rowett, that if the implication of that tweet is accurate we are utterly ******* - regardless of who's in charge?

Just now, SaintRam said:

You realise, that regardless of what anyone thinks of Rowett, that if the implication of that tweet is accurate we are utterly ******* - regardless of who's in charge?

Well it might explain the reason we've had so many managers and the odd dressing room incident, plus a drone or two? ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well it might explain the reason we've had so many managers and the odd dressing room incident, plus a drone or two? ?

See the happy Imogy s out in force at the thought we may be ******* 

24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Of course sticking with the wrong man is a bad choice, but I don’t believe Rowett is the wrong man and far from being inept. Whilst his style of football may not be enjoyed by all sections of the fan base, he is not the tactical clown that he has been made out to be.

Having witnessed the January “wobble” first hand, it would be nice to see a manager given the time to fix those issues and not bring in a new man that sets us back to square one where they want to give Martin, Bryson and co another chance as we look to rewind the clock back to 2014. We need to move on, look forward, not back.

It’s been said there will be no significant investment this summer, another change of style is the last thing we need. Rowett would be a huge loss for the club if he was to leave. 

My only hope is that if the worst was to happen and did leave we would look to replace with a like minded manager to cause minimal disruption.

Archived