Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not a cat in Hells' chance that some posters on here will give a new manager reasonable time to bed in. We start to play a more expansive game under a new regime but begin losing more matches than we win and the same keyboard 'experts' will crawl out of their hidey holes and start beating them with their sticks.

I wouldn't call them keyboard experts...but more " fans with an opinion " just like your good self 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got all the makings of a Billy Davies return!!

Back in the mix at the club after his Rams TV interview, capable of making average teams play well and I think could make us competitive even after cost cutting.

Am I right in thinking that he has always reached the playoffs in a full season at this level?

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Back in the mix at the club after his Rams TV interview, capable of making average teams play well and I think could make us competitive even after cost cutting.

Am I right in thinking that he has always reached the playoffs in a full season at this level?

You are either joking or you have gone completely mad ?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think he hates forest more than us and the top level of the club has changed completely. Would be fireworks if he fell out with Mel and started his antics, after all, Mel's the kind of man who looks forward to taking Sam Rush to court.

...and I wouldn't retract my unkind opinions of him, but like all managers, support him.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Rowett leaves Mel Morris will wonder what he need to do to get a bit of stability at the club.

Not choosing to sack his manager every 8 months would be a start.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Rowett leaves Mel Morris will wonder what he need to do to get a bit of stability at the club.

He needs to follow through on his 'Derby Way' stuff - decide what sort of football he wants his club to play, and then only appoint managers who play it.  You can absolutely have stability across multiple managers if you appoint them carefully.  If you keep swinging wildly from hoofball merchants to attractive passers, you'll never ever have it.

34 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We have to sell to buy ffs, we have no leeway on transfers. Not even 1 ******* million

That doesn't mean there is no money. It means that there is no space within the budget. If you buy a few players for big fees then a few more for big salary and low fees eventually your budget runs out. That doesn't mean that the club couldn't spend 1 million. It absolutely could... And at present if it were to spend now it would have until March 2019 to balance those books. 

So if you buy a player for a million now and everyone knows you have to sell a player to balance then guess what.... Everyone looking to buy offers less because they know you have to sell to avoid FFP repurcussions. 

We're not on the cusp of bankruptcy. We just can't spend without repurcussions. Which is exactly how it should be because spending without prudence turns you into QPR and Sunderland.

And whether you like Gary or not. Mel or not. Chris Martin or not. You're, I assume, a fan of Dcfc and that should remain constant. 

So stop moaning about us being broke and unable to splash another million on a one legged wonder and be thankful that the protection is in place to keep this club alive and gives us all something to moan about. 

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Honestly his appointment would be so funny I almost want it to happen?

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Hang on a moment. Before we get too carried away - Stoke said they want Rowett earlier in the season, he stayed. Stoke are seemingly back in for him. An approach is expected/talk between the clubs are starting depending on who you believe.

Where is all of this is Rowett being disloyal? He hasn't done anything! 

He may go, he may not.

If I was in his shoes, I'd be very tempted: a club which may pay you more and will certainly have a big transfer budget against a club where repeating last year's efforts with a reduced squad and no money to spend will be very, very hard; possibly leading to him being sacked or at least a lower league position, which supporters will view as failure. 

I'd much prefer him to stay, I feel like we're getting somewhere. But I certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving.  

I would imagine the only reason he might leave is if Uncle Mel has had a word at the end of the season - £2.25m rumoured compensation will make a lot of difference to the books over the season and we can easily get an experienced manager in for free (Warburton, Coleman and McCarthy spring to mind right away - Moyes and Lambert might consider a drop down? - Might even be worth taking a punt on Wassall after all his time in the background)

We've suffered some dire football at times this season and he's not exactly an adventurous manager - Plus odd decisions like not making a change after we went 1 0 down against Fulham - I think we could do with an older brain in charge

Anyway - If he goes I don't see it being him desperate to leave - I think someone will have held the door open and packed his bags for him

Last I remember Rowett's name was being sung loud and proud at the match

But because some of us don't rate him on a football forum it's us that got it sacked? 

Fook me. You think a couple of threads on a messageboard hire and fire football managers. 

Behave. 

Half the time it takes a few weeks of protesting for fans to shift a manager. 

"Hi Gary, I've had a look on dcfcfans and 11 people there want you sacked. So unfortunately..."

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think this is a little harsh, the majority of fans would of accepted a top 10 finish before the season started, many would have snapped your hand off at a top 6 finish.

Two things

1) took my grandad to the golden rams lunch thing a couple of days after the Cardiff game. Morris said then that the play offs had been the aim. But if that is the only aim, and not promotion, then I’d rather we finish 7th and I can save my money

2) we have a squad full of players who have won promotions at other clubs or have played at the top level. As fans, we wanted to lower expectation after a few seasons of nearly stuff, but the club didn’t or else why sign Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley, Jerome?

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Stackable offenses: drone questioning, failing to adhere to the Derby way, losing to Hull, being Steve McClaren, being Steve McClaren again,

I really thought McClaren would've learned to be less Steve McClarenish second time around. In fairness there's no way Mel could've foreseen such an outcome.

Literally want a manager with connections. This really makes a difference. It is easy to forget that Rowett wanted to sign Maikel Kieftenbeld and that fell through so was left with Ledley on a free. Also Jerome had a handful of good games. Maybe Rowett can buy him back for Stoke? I am not too bothered by him leaving. I don't think he will ever become a top manager but if he stays it would be fine too. We lost to Sunderland and Burton..... remember how he managed those games.

Hope Rowett stays, I can understand how he wants us to play even if we're not anywhere near it yet. Just need some pace all across the front and some legs in the middle.

However, if he does go, i would hope it would be an opportunity for a young lower league manager to make the step up, not the usual merry-go-round candidates.

Archived