Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

2 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Reid is being linked to a Premier League side for £15m though.

Vydra has already flopped at that level.... so won't attract the same offers. Aren't West Brom and Stoke meant to be broke? And Vydra doesn't strike me as a Swansea type of player to be honest.

And if Reid fails as a striker in the Premier League, they get a second chance of him making it in centre midfield where he played before this season. 

£12m for Vydra I reckon,

Cameron Jerome will score 15+ for you next season anyway.... you are now seeing the real Jerome, did 16 and 18 for us in this league before our new manager ruined him. Last month of the season you'd finally fixed him. 

And who knows how long he could keep that up for.... feels like he has been around forever, but he's actually the same age as Jamie Vardy.... who doesn't show any signs of slowing down. 

Fulham might fancy Vydra if they go up (to buzz around Mitrovic) - £10-12m is realistic. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ossieram said:

That's why I haven't posted since the match.

I have a quick look at who's been posting, hit the mark forum read button and shoot off again, I'll give it a week or so for the bleating to die down a tad.

There's on or 2 that are worth ignoring - If someone has a positive view and how Mel/Gary et al could change things got the better but just to look back and moan with no real purpose, it's pointless and trolling. I only need to read back up this page to see a straw man followed by a 'Thanks Mel', utterly banal.

* People who have left the club and/or have no connection with the club and have a limited exemption, **** 'em, it (whatever it is) IS their fault. That's how football works, if they're still at the club and are going to be for the foreseeable then back them to the hilt. If they've left and they're not some sort of legend then they're dirty nonces who should never been allowed in to the city again.

Some friends of mine within the club have been saying the last few weeks there's talk that we're likely to fall foul of FFP this year, with Morris' personal windfall being maxed out under the rules. I've been skeptical of the 'gossip' but the noises being made by the club now are making for concerning reading. 

Like others have said on here, Hughes going for as little as he did was just ridiculous. We mustn't panic again if we are needing to raise funds, and hold out for the amounts that players are actually worth. 

Vydra will naturally attract interest from the league above after such a good goalscoring campaign, I would have no issue with him leaving if we maximise his value as just his sale could pass the FFP target. 

There will naturally be other sales then as Rowett will want to freshen up the squad and those who don’t have regular playing time will want to leave, I always look at the planning for next season with optimism but i’m expecting some more creative mobile players to change our playing style.

Who's idea was it to go guns blazing and spend close to 30 million in a single transfer window? Surely Mel should take the vast majority of the blame. It's sad to see the club in a mess and having to sell the better players, just to stay in line with FFP.

I wasn't much of a fan of GSE, but my word they'd never have got us to the point of this. Didn't crack when Hughes was being linked everywhere. Hughes being rushed out for that pathetic fee last Summer shows how bad this club is being run.

19 hours ago, Papahet said:

Sold at cut price deals, a'la Hughes and Ince. Hell, even Boro made a profit on Christie to Fulham.

Depressing seeing these tinpot sides like Huddersfield, Burnley and Watford gain promotion and steal our best players for peanut. Cheers Mel

I think we paid over the odds for Hendrick but that was balanced a bit by you giving us £3 million+plus for Shackell.

Hughes doing well in a poor Watford team but Ince a flop at Huddersfield.

3 hours ago, mike93rh said:

Some friends of mine within the club have been saying the last few weeks there's talk that we're likely to fall foul of FFP this year, with Morris' personal windfall being maxed out under the rules. I've been skeptical of the 'gossip' but the noises being made by the club now are making for concerning reading. 

Like others have said on here, Hughes going for as little as he did was just ridiculous. We mustn't panic again if we are needing to raise funds, and hold out for the amounts that players are actually worth. 

We'd have to go some to fall foul of FFP this year because the club announced the 15/16 FFP loss to be £9m, and 16/17 looks around £2m to me. Therefore, the 3 year cycle would seem to allow up to £28m for 17/18. If they mean breaching the £13m average, then that's a bit different, as that looks challenging to me. It's one of the things that puzzles me most, because the profits on the sales of Ince and Hughes weren't needed to shore up FFP in 16/17, yet if they'd gone into this year we'd probably fall within £13m fairly comfortably.

Because the consolidated accounts only covered the last 10 months of 16/17, the figure given for transfer profits, £7.194m, excludes the summer window, and therefore features the Hughes/ Ince/ Grant profits. If you were to take this profit out of 16/17, the FFP loss would still only look to be about £9m, well within the average allowed.

Given that a Grant profit would be included in that figure, the Hughes/ Ince profits don't look great, although they can't include potential add-ons, and the book value of Ince could well have been close to (or even at) the original total cost, which would have to be subtracted from sale proceeds, to give profit. I can't remember if there was anyone else sold, that might have been at a loss, as the profit figure would be net of any losses.

Whatever happens in 18/19, we're again very unlikely to fall foul of FFP on the retrospective 3 year cycle. The only problem is that the 17/18 and 18/19 results would fashion our maximum allowance for 19/20.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Who's idea was it to go guns blazing and spend close to 30 million in a single transfer window? Surely Mel should take the vast majority of the blame. It's sad to see the club in a mess and having to sell the better players, just to stay in line with FFP.

I wasn't much of a fan of GSE, but my word they'd never have got us to the point of this. Didn't crack when Hughes was being linked everywhere. Hughes being rushed out for that pathetic fee last Summer shows how bad this club is being run.

It was risk we took to try and get promoted , the risk unfortunately didn't pay off.

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

We'd have to go some to fall foul of FFP this year because the club announced the 15/16 FFP loss to be £9m, and 16/17 looks around £2m to me. Therefore, the 3 year cycle would seem to allow up to £28m for 17/18. If they mean breaching the £13m average, then that's a bit different, as that looks challenging to me. It's one of the things that puzzles me most, because the profits on the sales of Ince and Hughes weren't needed to shore up FFP in 16/17, yet if they'd gone into this year we'd probably fall within £13m fairly comfortably.

Because the consolidated accounts only covered the last 10 months of 16/17, the figure given for transfer profits, £7.194m, excludes the summer window, and therefore features the Hughes/ Ince/ Grant profits. If you were to take this profit out of 16/17, the FFP loss would still only look to be about £9m, well within the average allowed.

Given that a Grant profit would be included in that figure, the Hughes/ Ince profits don't look great, although they can't include potential add-ons, and the book value of Ince could well have been close to (or even at) the original total cost, which would have to be subtracted from sale proceeds, to give profit. I can't remember if there was anyone else sold, that might have been at a loss, as the profit figure would be net of any losses.

Whatever happens in 18/19, we're again very unlikely to fall foul of FFP on the retrospective 3 year cycle. The only problem is that the 17/18 and 18/19 results would fashion our maximum allowance for 19/20.

Reading that just blew my mind. But I get the jist were ok for now ! 

13 minutes ago, ramblur said:

We'd have to go some to fall foul of FFP this year because the club announced the 15/16 FFP loss to be £9m, and 16/17 looks around £2m to me. Therefore, the 3 year cycle would seem to allow up to £28m for 17/18...

It's one of the things that puzzles me most, because the profits on the sales of Ince and Hughes weren't needed to shore up FFP in 16/17, yet if they'd gone into this year we'd probably fall within £13m fairly comfortably.

So, looking at the above quote, the excuse about needing to sell Hughes before a certain date is rubbish then? And this year there hasn't been any extreme pressures on Rowetts transfer budget?

When considering our summer selling, if it's to meet FFP or simply Mel turning off the tap, the owner spent his money on the ride for the last few years.

It's not borrowing against the club, no shady Panama loan company, and we have enjoyed five seasons of being competitive. The fall out from not making it might be a crap season or two, but it's no drama like has been seen at our club and others.

20 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Reading that just blew my mind. But I get the jist were ok for now ! 

Yeh, I suppose in simple terms, we're going to be ok this year and next, but we have to be very careful what we do next year in order not to pile pressure onto 19/20. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, looking at the above quote, the excuse about needing to sell Hughes before a certain date is rubbish then? And this year there hasn't been any extreme pressures on Rowetts transfer budget?

Knew you'd be onto that in a flash, Roy, as I'd mentioned it when the accounts came out, and you were straight onto it then?.

The answer's the same- whilst there didn't seem to be any FFP pressures, Gary did reveal that we'd agreed to make a transfer profit on the season, so he had to sell to bring anyone in, and also had to make a surplus. Next year looks to be very difficult for him.

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When considering our summer selling, if it's to meet FFP or simply Mel turning off the tap, the owner spent his money on the ride for the last few years.

It's not borrowing against the club, no shady Panama loan company, and we have enjoyed five seasons of being competitive. The fall out from not making it might be a crap season or two, but it's no drama like has been seen at our club and others.

Two seasons of being poor as **** and then hopefully we can spend

Still optimistic we can be competitive whilst doing that though, if we sell and buy in the right way

42 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Two seasons of being poor as **** and then hopefully we can spend

Still optimistic we can be competitive whilst doing that though, if we sell and buy in the right way

Now here's a thought - why not spend those 2 years coaching the kids to play 3-4-3 and finding the talent we need to be able to promote into the first team in the right positions.

Instead we have a u23 squad playing in a different formation and different style, then bemoan the fact that "none of them are good enough" before flogging them for a packet of scratchings to Shrewsbury Town or wherever.

8 hours ago, irobinson said:

Fulham might fancy Vydra if they go up (to buzz around Mitrovic) - £10-12m is realistic. 

I can only realistically see the likes of stoke Swansea and a promoted Fulham going in for vydra at the £12 million mark 

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

I would guess that the owner believed transfers were going to cost a certain amount only to find out that they cost just under£7 million more hence the court case that is yet to unravel with mr Rush 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now here's a thought - why not spend those 2 years coaching the kids to play 3-4-3 and finding the talent we need to be able to promote into the first team in the right positions.

Instead we have a u23 squad playing in a different formation and different style, then bemoan the fact that "none of them are good enough" before flogging them for a packet of scratchings to Shrewsbury Town or wherever.

I wouldn’t mind watching 442 played how it used to be played when football was a contact sport and players didn’t fall down when thier hair gel got lob sided 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I can only realistically see the likes of stoke Swansea and a promoted Fulham going in for vydra at the £12 million mark 

Probs not Swansea now they don't have a manager - unless the incoming one thinks he can do a job for them.

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

Knew you'd be onto that in a flash, Roy, as I'd mentioned it when the accounts came out, and you were straight onto it then?.

The answer's the same- whilst there didn't seem to be any FFP pressures, Gary did reveal that we'd agreed to make a transfer profit on the season, so he had to sell to bring anyone in, and also had to make a surplus. Next year looks to be very difficult for him.

? ? Why do you think that is then Ramblur, just Mel wanting to keep his cash input lower?

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

The £30m was over 2 windows. Don't forget that the previous owners sanctioned transfer spending in the winter window of 07/08 and all of 08/09 , that was to lead to the wilderness years ( and took out a loan against the second 'chute payment to help do it). If you want to blame PJ for that, then for consistency you have to blame PC for our current predicament.

Archived