Derby likely to sell Vydra plus others

RiddingsRam

1 hour ago, ramblur said:

..... but I fully understand Mel's position. Even if we achieved a £13m FFP loss without any transfer activity, I reckon that Mel would still be digging deep to the tune of £10m+ just to cover cash losses on operations, and that's not really sustainable, and an unfair ask of him.

He caused this position though - he chose to allow money to be splashed out. He sets the transfer budget and the wages budget. As ye sow so shall ye reap...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He caused this position though - he chose to allow money to be splashed out. He sets the transfer budget and the wages budget. As ye sow so shall ye reap...

He may set the transfer and wages budgets, but an upcoming court case may show whether or not these budgets, over a certain period, were adhered to. Should Mel be proven to be correct in his claims, the amount mentioned would have made a very big difference to our financial position.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The CFO should have been doing exactly the sorts of analyses that Ramblur and explaining the full implications to Mel of his investment decisions. Then you're spot on that it is Mels call as to whether to make that investment knowing the risks of failure and the implications on the key financials.

Wasn't there a comment at one of the fan forums from the CFO that suggested he wasn't being kept in the loop? In which case, more fool Mel for not insisting on such information.

Maybe Mel is a gambler at heart....

I am quite apathetic about his summer, as I am with a lot of what is going on at DCFC at the moment, although this is mostly to do with the fact I have a lot on in the real world.

Ultimately we will line up with 11 players on the pitch in August, whether or not whoever they are will be more exciting or more capable remains to be seen.

5 hours ago, ramblur said:

Cheers archied. I think it'll be 19/20 before Gary is fully in control of matters. I thought it was pretty significant that earlier this season Gary said something along the lines that 'we' had decided to make a profit on transfers this year. I'm not sure there are too many managers/ coaches around who'd want to set this as a season's prerequisite............ but I fully understand Mel's position. Even if we achieved a £13m FFP loss without any transfer activity, I reckon that Mel would still be digging deep to the tune of £10m+ just to cover cash losses on operations, and that's not really sustainable, and an unfair ask of him.

By the way, if you, or anyone else, don't understand any part of what I say, just ask. I'm very patient, and health permitting, I'd go through everything line by line if needs be. There's no such thing as a silly question, if sincere, because all it means is that the person asking the question doesn't understand something.......and there are millions of things I don't understand in this life.

Grateful for the answer Ramblur. I think even if you went through line by line I'd still struggle to understand what's going on ?

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

The CFO should have been doing exactly the sorts of analyses that Ramblur and explaining the full implications to Mel of his investment decisions. Then you're spot on that it is Mels call as to whether to make that investment knowing the risks of failure and the implications on the key financials.

Wasn't there a comment at one of the fan forums from the CFO that suggested he wasn't being kept in the loop? In which case, more fool Mel for not insisting on such information.

Maybe Mel is a gambler at heart....

Not so sure about that. Surely the CFO should report to, and be responsible to, the CEO, who in turn would have a fiduciary duty to the owner. At the time of these events ,the board consisted of 2 directors, Morris and Rush ; Stephen Pearce was only appointed to the board following  the resignation of Rush.

Should the allegations against Rush be upheld, I very much doubt that Rush would have explained to Morris the forward implications of an agreed transfer budget + £x , an agreed wage budget +£y and excessive fees to agents and unauthorized scouting and consultancy agreements to the value of £z , where (£x+£y+£z) = £6.841m.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps when he was sowing he didn't realise that you should add some for the crows?

Sold at cut price deals, a'la Hughes and Ince. Hell, even Boro made a profit on Christie to Fulham.

Depressing seeing these tinpot sides like Huddersfield, Burnley and Watford gain promotion and steal our best players for peanut. Cheers Mel

If we aren't going to spend any money anyway do we really need to worry about a transfer embargo?

I'd want to keep Carson, Wisdom, Davies and Lawrence, buy Winnall and wouldn't really care whether we sold the rest or not.

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Good grief. Virtually all threads are dominated by anti Mel or anti Gary rhetoric. I'm out of here.

That's why I haven't posted since the match.

I have a quick look at who's been posting, hit the mark forum read button and shoot off again, I'll give it a week or so for the bleating to die down a tad.

On 15/05/2018 at 22:56, Nuwtfly said:

If Bobby Reid is valued at around £15m then I would expect at least that for Vydra. 

Please Derby, don’t start the new season by immediately repeating the mistakes of the previous ?

Reid is being linked to a Premier League side for £15m though.

Vydra has already flopped at that level.... so won't attract the same offers. Aren't West Brom and Stoke meant to be broke? And Vydra doesn't strike me as a Swansea type of player to be honest.

And if Reid fails as a striker in the Premier League, they get a second chance of him making it in centre midfield where he played before this season. 

£12m for Vydra I reckon,

Cameron Jerome will score 15+ for you next season anyway.... you are now seeing the real Jerome, did 16 and 18 for us in this league before our new manager ruined him. Last month of the season you'd finally fixed him. 

And who knows how long he could keep that up for.... feels like he has been around forever, but he's actually the same age as Jamie Vardy.... who doesn't show any signs of slowing down. 

Archived