Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

have I said people arnt entitled to an opinion? Doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to face palm my hand when I read such utter nonsense lol

what give a manger more than a dozen games to get his ideas and philosophies across ???? Yer I reckon we should have given him longer

do I think he was the right man .. no, but hindsight is wonderful.

Imagine if united had the "derby way" of sacking managers when fergie saved his job with that win against forest 

patience is a virtue 

what? this is a debate, asking a question, and you're offended by that. If you're offended by people saying he should be sacked, go and give them grief, not me! I'm trying to help a lively forum along by creating debates ffs!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

Ideally... Sack him if we beat Barnsley, then replace him with Steve McClaren for the playoffs and inevitable Premier League campaign.

I can't see that upsetting anyone

Really ? It would piss me right off

4 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Non issue. Club can not afford to sack him. Read the Mel interview the wallet is closing fast if there is no promotion. Club will be sold at that point. 

What interview where? He says club will be sold?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The latest copy of The Ram has an interview with Mel.

Thanks Roy ,,, I’m guessing the bit about the club to be sold was made up though?

If you base it solely on league position then no, he's got us higher up the table than I expected in his first season. 

When you factor in the style (or lack of) of football and the collapse in the second half of the season then it becomes much less clear cut, he does seem to have turned it around to an extent recently. I'm not keen on the way we play but I think we have had far too many management changes this last few years, I'd never have gotten rid of the Mac- but here we are.

I'd give him next season and see where it takes us, if we start going backwards then obviously a change will have to be made. 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The latest copy of The Ram has an interview with Mel.

This is what concerns me about Mel.

He's the owner, and has chucked an awful lot of cash at the Club, but that doesn't make him a football expert.

Yet in the brief glimpse of the interview it gives there, he's talking about how our good form paved the way to a settled side and formation that opponents were all too quick to analyse and counter, leading to poorer form after January.

Then he talks about Gazzas new formation, and how he could see the seeds of recovery even in a home defeat to Boro.

I don't want to read that fluff from the chairman frankly. 

It may be his opinion, but I don't want to read it.

From an owner, I want to read how much cash he's put in, how that will/has  improved the club, what his intentions are for the future, and other bits and bobs around fan engagement, like free season tickets for the over 85's.

I don't want to know his opinion on anything regarding the tactics, formation etc. He might have paid a lot more for his ticket than anyone else, but that doesn't make him a football expert, anymore than Gary could launch a world conquering waste of time such as Candy Crush.

Rant over.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Good to see overwhelming majority wouldn’t sack him if we lose Saturday. The 23% that would is way too high!! Last thing we need is more change and upheaval, especially when a new manager won’t have a pot to piss in!!

The percentages will change if we do lose, that's for sure! Change is good if it means leaving behind Rowettball.

On 04/05/2018 at 14:25, Moist One said:

what? this is a debate, asking a question, and you're offended by that. If you're offended by people saying he should be sacked, go and give them grief, not me! I'm trying to help a lively forum along by creating debates ffs!

I'm just flabbergasted it's even a question Mate... chill winston

sadly it sums up modern day football..... and a lot of "supporters"

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The percentages will change if we do lose, that's for sure! Change is good if it means leaving behind Rowettball.

Not at all, This club needs stability, not chopping and changing every minute, so what ever happens Rowett should stay, and if we do get into the playoffs, then Rowett would have had a excellent first full season in charge, and I hope we get behind the team and manager tomorrow, and if fans can not do this, then please stay away this season and next, most Rams fans are a credit to the club, but some of the clueless boo boys have not got a clue, the job at Derby is a very tough job, and we need a bit of patience given time, Mr Rowett will take us back to the premiership.

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I'm just flabbergasted it's even a question Mate... chill winston

sadly it sums up modern day football..... and a lot of "supporters"

If you're flabbergasted, then you've either been in a coma for the last 3 years or only started supporting Derby this season.

EDIT to add, it's not the "supporters" that sacked McClaren, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, McClaren..

23 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Not at all, This club needs stability, not chopping and changing every minute, so what ever happens Rowett should stay, and if we do get into the playoffs, then Rowett would have had a excellent first full season in charge, and I hope we get behind the team and manager tomorrow, and if fans can not do this, then please stay away this season and next, most Rams fans are a credit to the club, but some of the clueless boo boys have not got a clue, the job at Derby is a very tough job, and we need a bit of patience given time, Mr Rowett will take us back to the premiership.

What a terrible post, honestly awful. A lot of fans will support this club week in week out, home and away. However just because they don’t like what the current management has served up, you are saying don’t come???? I don’t like his style of football and actually think he’s out of his depth and would be happy with a change.  But tomorrow and as usual I’ll get behind them, sing, shout, jump up and down like a clown, should I not come? 

Archived