Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

No.  Simply because we've seen him in the last couple of games show what a lot of Brum fans commented about him when he came to us, tactical flexibility.  Things had stagnated, and weren't working, so he's changed things.  Admittedly it could've helped if he'd done it a few games earlier but it's welcome none the less...

i think more than a few games earlier. Tactical rigidity personified until " we had nothing to lose". Until then ,  Rowett's 'planB'  was as elusive a concept as the 'Derby way'.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ffs are we really doing a poll about this ??!? Wtf!

so we lose, we sack him??

at least in theory we will have made it a full season with the same manager even if it means we start a new one with yet another new manager, new ideas, new players to add the the piling up collection we have 

give.... me ... f ing.... strength 

why are you so offended by it? People are entitled to their opinion. Do you think we should have kept Pearson longer? Or was you convinced that after those games he was not the right person?

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’d sack him even if we get promoted as he’d be out of his depth in the prem. Watford did the same by sacking their manager after promotion and they are doing fine in the premier league.

Ideal scenario: Rowett and Mel Morris leave

Then we get a good manager and new ownership with heavy investment.

Sorry mate ,much as I hate to be too blunt if I can avoid it , your barking ,,,stone cold up a tree barking ,,

ideal scenario rowett and mel leave ,,,,,,,, when pep and roman come knocking together I will be at the barricades with you ,pitchfork in hand demanding mel and rowett sling their hook forthwith ,,, your in a fantasy land 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ffs are we really doing a poll about this ??!? Wtf!

so we lose, we sack him??

at least in theory we will have made it a full season with the same manager even if it means we start a new one with yet another new manager, new ideas, new players to add the the piling up collection we have 

give.... me ... f ing.... strength 

What's wrong with gaging opinion on the forum with a poll on this? I think it's perfectly legitimate to take a survey of the opinion of derby fans on this forum. 

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What if Gary also doesn't find this season acceptable. What if he manages to improve the teams performance next season so that if needs be can be as solid as we sometimes have been but also improve our quick passing and ball retention when attacking at speed? Are you saying this season is as good as it gets? if so why?

It will be if he's sacked ?

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What if Gary also doesn't find this season acceptable. What if he manages to improve the teams performance next season so that if needs be can be as solid as we sometimes have been but also improve our quick passing and ball retention when attacking at speed? Are you saying this season is as good as it gets? if so why?

He has set up his teams to play this way throughout his career, why would he find it unacceptable? He has already shown by getting rid of a certain type of player, and the ones he has brought in, that he is not going to change, hence why this season will be as good as it gets.

Rowetts position shouldn't be questioned now, and never should have been this season!  He has already overahchieved. If we had a poll at the start of the season i bet over 90% would have taken the position we are in now. Part of the reason we are in contention at this stage of the season is Rowett changing the formation. I gaurentee that Steve Mac would have stuck with 4-3-3 and hoped for the best. 

Get behind the lads, management and backroom staff please. The last thing we want are polls asking questions about jobs in the lead up to the biggest game of the season! 

11 hours ago, DRBee said:

Yes and being played as a no 10 .

One of the worst 'crimes' of Rowett is that he decided very early that Hughes did not suit the Rowett Derby way , and so didn't use him much. No wonder Hughes decided the only way was to get out.

If only we had a number 10 who doesn't score....

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

He has set up his teams to play this way throughout his career, why would he find it unacceptable? He has already shown by getting rid of a certain type of player, and the ones he has brought in, that he is not going to change, hence why this season will be as good as it gets.

You miss understand what I'm saying. What if he is happy with his style but not it's application. The style he likes may be exciting and successful if implemented well. We need better passing, decision making, ball retention and energy. As I say what makes you think he isn't striving to get his system applied better by his players?

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

why are you so offended by it? People are entitled to their opinion. Do you think we should have kept Pearson longer? Or was you convinced that after those games he was not the right person?

only is its one of the opinions you selected to allow them to have eh moisty ??

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

only is its one of the opinions you selected to allow them to have eh moisty ??

what am I missing?

IN a question of "would you sack Rowett if we lose..?", I can only think of 2 answers. YES or NO.

If there is another potential answer that isn't "YES" or "NO", please enlighten me.

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

what am I missing?

IN a question of "would you sack Rowett if we lose..?", I can only think of 2 answers. YES or NO.

If there is another potential answer that isn't "YES" or "NO", please enlighten me.

Maybe. Or maybe not

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

Maybe. Or maybe not

they are not answers, they are refusing to make a decision, which by default becomes "NO". So that answer is NO, cos you are not taking the action to do anything.

20 hours ago, Moist One said:

I totally disagree. Consistency is not what this club needs. Progress is.

I don't disagree with your position.

To my mind both are linked. It's the inconsistency with managers (i.e. getting through 1-2 a season) that's led to a lack of progress. 

18 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

I don't disagree with your position.

To my mind both are linked. It's the inconsistency with managers (i.e. getting through 1-2 a season) that's led to a lack of progress. 

it could be argued thought that some teams make progress in a season, so therefore there should be signs of progress already.

On 01/05/2018 at 18:33, Moist One said:

have I said people arnt entitled to an opinion? Doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to face palm my hand when I read such utter nonsense lol

what give a manger more than a dozen games to get his ideas and philosophies across ???? Yer I reckon we should have given him longer

do I think he was the right man .. no, but hindsight is wonderful.

Imagine if united had the "derby way" of sacking managers when fergie saved his job with that win against forest 

patience is a virtue 

Archived