Tom Lawrence

Carnero

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If we are going to use the same system, we need a proper rwb and energy in the midfield. Anya for rwb and Hanson to come in for Johnson(to provide energy in midfield). Then move Wisdom to centre back to replace Forsyth.

Carson

Keogh  Davies  Wisdom/Foz

Weimann  Hanson  Ledley  Olsson

Lawrence  Palmer

Jerome :whistle:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He reminds me a tad like Leighton James. It took LJ a while to build up supporter love.

Tom was easily Derby's best player today and I really feel like his is maturing and wanting to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

I'm still disappointed that we lost Ince and wonder if those two could have played together and terrorized defenses.

Maybe too similar, but they'd still have had defenses changing underwear regularly. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Carson

Lawrence  Palmer

I wouldn’t be opposed to that. It would provide us with more energy than recent weeks. I stated this before but I think that Wisdom would be brilliant at centre back for us as he has all of the attributes.

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Vydra took a knock early on and was pretty much anonymous from then on wasn't he. He doesn't like these physical contests, I'd actually leave him out on Tuesday and play Palmer instead using the same system as today.

Correct decision to sub him, despite the token boos.

Of all the players today Vydra was the one that didn’t step up for the battle. Don’t think it’s because he doesn’t try more his mindset isn’t right, his head goes down far too easily.

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If we are going to use the same system, we need a proper rwb and energy in the midfield. Anya for rwb and Hanson to come in for Johnson(to provide energy in midfield). Then move Wisdom to centre back to replace Forsyth.

Agree with this except Hanson but understand why you are saying it

Top marks from me today. 

The only player who had any creativity, drive and determination in our attacking line up. Hope he carries on like this, have seen an improvement since his Preston goal. 

As @Ambitious pointed out earlier, he’s literally been given zero chance to shine from our dour tactics. He was picking the ball up on the halfway line in the second half, such a waste of a player, even if he doesn’t make the right decisions every time. 

There's been a bit of talk about vydra leaving and it actually benefitting us. Now I like vydra he's scored a lot of goals but if he were to depart it may help the team dynamic. Lawrence would certainly benefit as it would allow him to play more centrally and he's more of a "number 10" than vydra. 

I wonder if selling vydra and using the money to add 2 quality widemen (one a loan) and  a striker would help balance out attacking options?

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Carson

Lawrence  Palmer

Vydra has to play. He's our only recognised scorer this season. Not sure wieman could defensively work in that role.

Happy to see people are on board with the system change though.

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Vydra has to play. He's our only recognised scorer this season. Not sure wieman could defensively work in that role.

Happy to see people are on board with the system change though.

Can't fit Lawrence, Palmer & Vydra in the same team.

Vydra's recent performances leave much to be desired.

Don't worry, I have Jerome for the goals :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Can't fit Lawrence, Palmer & Vydra in the same team.

Vydra's recent performances leave much to be desired.

Don't worry, I have Jerome for the goals :ph34r:

I can fit the 3 into my team.

Play vydra with Lawrence and Palmer behind. I don't believe we need a big striker.

On 21 April 2018 at 18:04, Carnero said:

No doubt it'll go unmentioned during the furore of another defeat, but I have to say well done to Lawrence today... possibly his best performance in a rams shirt - non-stop effort from start to finish and our only real semblance of an attacking threat.

Yeah, yeah I know work rate is "the least we should expect" but his performance is still worthy of a mention.

From small acorns can grow... erm... bigger acorns or something.

Bravo Tom!

The best post of the weekend mate, I feel next season Tom Lawrance will become a very important player for us, and will score and create a lot more for us than this season, you can see he has a lot more to offer, so let's all get behind him and give him the support that he needs and in return we will get the best out of him, last year Ipswich fans say he was excellent and a cut Above the championship, so let's get behind a good, skillful, young English player with bags of potential, because I know us Derby fans always get behind this type of player LOL.

On 21/04/2018 at 19:32, Mckram said:

Not been Lawrence’s biggest fan but only because he lacked any fight and effort.

Today he showed it and looked great, just a shame nobody else joined him.

I agree with the plaudits he got for that peformabce but he should’ve put that amount of effort in all season. Previously he’s spent too much time looking sullen and mardy. He’s clearly hurt by the critics so he should channel that into his game. 

Sounds like he had a good game and as has been mentioned by others on here, he looks a lot  better when playing in a central role. 

Which makes me wonder why Rowett bought him only to play him out wide when he clearly isn't a natural wideman?

If Vydra leaves in the summer, which seems likely, Lawrence should be moved into that central role and we should go out and buy some actual wingers.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

The best post of the weekend mate, I feel next season Tom Lawrance will become a very important player for us, and will score and create a lot more for us than this season, you can see he has a lot more to offer, so let's all get behind him and give him the support that he needs and in return we will get the best out of him, last year Ipswich fans say he was excellent and a cut Above the championship, so let's get behind a good, skillful, young English player with bags of potential, because I know us Derby fans always get behind this type of player LOL.

He's Welsh pal.

Never doubted him. He would be better suited centrally as suggested. Problem is that's Vydra, palmer and Lawrence all better centrally. Personally I'd drop nuge and move Vydra forward and play palmer central. We ain't gonna win any battles in the air against cardiffs big lumps so need to keep it on the deck. If only we had someone up front that could hold it up and flick it on to runners feet!!

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Sounds like he had a good game and as has been mentioned by others on here, he looks a lot  better when playing in a central role. 

Which makes me wonder why Rowett bought him only to play him out wide when he clearly isn't a natural wideman?

If Vydra leaves in the summer, which seems likely, Lawrence should be moved into that central role and we should go out and buy some actual wingers.

I think Rowett didn’t anticipate Vydra’s success initially. Lawrence was probably signed with a view to playing centrally in my opinion.

Archived