Tom Lawrence

Carnero

No doubt it'll go unmentioned during the furore of another defeat, but I have to say well done to Lawrence today... possibly his best performance in a rams shirt - non-stop effort from start to finish and our only real semblance of an attacking threat.

Yeah, yeah I know work rate is "the least we should expect" but his performance is still worthy of a mention.

From small acorns can grow... erm... bigger acorns or something.

Bravo Tom!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No doubt it'll go unmentioned during the furore of another defeat, but I have to say well done to Lawrence today... possibly his best performance in a rams shirt - non-stop effort from start to finish and our only real semblance of an attacking threat.

Yeah, yeah I know work rate is "the least we should expect" but his performance is still worthy of a mention.

Bravo Tom!

Best ive seen him play, and showed a desire in his play I didnt think he had. 

As you say, well done Tom. 

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Bravo Tom!

I agree he’s probably our only bright spark at the moment.

He ain’t a winger. He never was at United and he isn’t now. Think it’s that simple. Needs a free role to show himself properly and not have to worry about tracking back. He’ll definately be better In that system we deployed today as I always suspected, needs the midfield balance behind though. Johnson and Huddlestone has never, and will never work. Can we get that in Gary’s head please.

Credit to him that he didnt let his head drop.I must admit, i was starting to get abit irritated by his play, but the type of player he is, taking his man on, running at players, digs from range, its easy to look completely rubbish if nothing's coming off. Which it pretty much wasnt, but it actually did look like it probably could. So fair play to him. He's young, and with abit of form he'll be scaring opponents alot better than us. Which is what we need more of in the squad.  Over 10 or 20 yards he's usually the fasted lad on the pitch i reckon. Quick feet with it, he's no kick and rush. gwan Tom, nab us a ridiculous playoff fluke.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Bravo Tom!

Agree, looked like he wanted it from start to finish, it is about time to be fair. So many others who disappointed tody, Vydra did not look like he was interested at times. 

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Agree, looked like he wanted it from start to finish, it is about time to be fair. So many others who disappointed tody, Vydra did not look like he was interested at times. 

Vydra took a knock early on and was pretty much anonymous from then on wasn't he. He doesn't like these physical contests, I'd actually leave him out on Tuesday and play Palmer instead using the same system as today.

Correct decision to sub him, despite the token boos.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Vydra took a knock early on and was pretty much anonymous from then on wasn't he. He doesn't like these physical contests, I'd actually leave him out on Tuesday and play Palmer instead using the same system as today.

Correct decision to sub him, despite the token boos.

If we are going to use the same system, we need a proper rwb and energy in the midfield. Anya for rwb and Hanson to come in for Johnson(to provide energy in midfield). Then move Wisdom to centre back to replace Forsyth.

Archived