Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Papahet said:

And yours when we signed Albentosa, Maguire, Sammon, Dickinson, Camara, Anya

Works both ways kid

Kid? Good one

I'm not the one moaning about league 1, 2 or SPL players or a player having a good season at this level. 

Out of interest who would you actually like us to sign that are realistic?

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Bamfords already played more games in the Premiership (than Martin)and got big money moves since he left Forest has a kid.

Chris Martin is and forever will be a Championship player ? will be known for pulling a sulk at Fulham rather than the goals 13-15. Sad but true

Nugent: One England cap 11 years ago...word. 

In 2018 I know who id rather have out of Bamford, Nugent and Martin. Clue: its not the two on a major decline.

I'd rather have Jerome from the end of the season over Bamford any day of the week. Not saying you're wrong but Bamford was a bit weak for my liking.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

And yours when we signed Albentosa, Maguire, Sammon, Dickinson, Camara, Anya

Works both ways kid

Like you said, it does work both ways. The question is why you pick and promote only the negative parts?

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Kid? Good one

I'm not the one moaning about league 1, 2 or SPL players or a player having a good season at this level. 

Out of interest who would you actually like us to sign that are realistic?

Adam Reach, Martyn Waghorn, Callum Robinson, Samuel Saiz, Mark Duffy, Marlon Pack, Kamil Grosicki.

All would be relatively realistic and would improve us in some capacity. Have all made the grade at Championship level too, unlike the Marriotts, Maddisons ETC who have flopped or league one player written all over them a'la Bogle, Jacobs, Grigg....

If we are up to our neck with FFP, i'd take a risk on someone with Champ experience than a rookie down the lower leagues.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Adam Reach, Martyn Waghorn, Callum Robinson, Samuel Saiz, Mark Duffy, Marlon Pack, Kamil Grosicki.

All would be relatively realistic and would improve us in some capacity. Have all made the grade at Championship level too, unlike the Marriotts, Maddisons ETC who have flop or league one player written all over them a'la Bogle, Jacobs, Grigg....

Fair enough with your options but we have been linked with both Grosicki & Robinson in the last year so how can you discredit our scouts then name the same as them?

Waghorn & Reach no better than we have.

Pack & Duffy are good players but have only done it at this level themselves 1 or 2 seasons?

Saiz is a luxury player and would cost similar to Reid without having anywhere near the same stats

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Like you said, it does work both ways. The question is why you pick and promote only the negative parts?

The players we are currently linked with will never in a million years get us promotion out this division.

Marriott? Maddison? Absolutely nothing to suggest these pair will made the grade at this level. Look at Bogle for proof it being a massive stepup/risk to spend big dollar on someone with no experience at this level.

Rather just sell Vydra, get Lewis Grabban - a player who has scored for fun at this level and bring Kasey Palmer back on loan. to play the attacking role, rather than out wide.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Fair enough with your options but we have been linked with both Grosicki & Robinson in the last year so how can you discredit our scouts then name the same as them?

Well we was looking at Robinson but went for Jerome instead, we looked at Grosicki (even Lookman) and brought in a player on loan whose natural position wasn't a wide man - never played him anyway mind.

The scouting is so limited, they just go for anyone off the back of a half decent season, rather than look for someone they can potentially improve. Look at Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Lawrence. Dogshit players for dogshit fees. Johnson granted can be half decent once in a blue moon. But that's nearly 20 million alone blown on those four.

How put off from looking overseas are we nowadays? Because of the Albentosa and Camara signings. Bloody hell, surely we can pull a Idiakez or a Rasiak out the hat once in awhile.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

And for what it's worth, I'm not particularly fussed with Bobby Reid either, but you're making way too much of a big deal about this being his only 'decent season.' He's been a centre midfielder for his entire career up until 17/18 so it would have been quite difficult for him to manage the same sort of stats he did last season. Not bad though, 1 season as a striker and he scored 19 goals and provided 7 assists, 3rd in the golden boot race and had more goal contributions than any other player in the league

Yeah, no doubt about that. Reid was only able to take two penalties too, whereas Vydra took eight or nine in the end scoring seven. 

I think it was actually Waghotn who contributed to more goals than anyone else in the league, though - 16 goals and 13 assists. Not bad for a Rangers reject picked up for less than half a million. It’s worth bearing that in mind with whoever we sign. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, no doubt about that. Reid was only able to take two penalties too, whereas Vydra took eight or nine in the end scoring seven. 

I think it was actually Waghotn who contributed to more goals than anyone else in the league, though - 16 goals and 13 assists. Not bad for a Rangers reject picked up for less than half a million. It’s worth bearing that in mind with whoever we sign. 

So it is. I think this heat is getting to me, I literally looked through the list on BBC Sport to check I was correct and still somehow missed Waghorn

b7a7e35e7383f75b88be7c80f2ac52ca.png

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Well we was looking at Robinson but went for Jerome instead, we looked at Grosicki (even Lookman) 

Robinson was last summer, we had a bid rejected and went back for Lawrence, Jerome wasnt instead of him.

Grosicki we made a loan bid which was also rejected & Lookman opted to go abroad. For me thats 4 good wide players mentioned all scouted by our club

Dont get me wrong we have signed some average players but is it the scouting teams fault how much money we paid & the wages we paid?

I think whoever we sign whether old, young, experienced or not, buy or loan, we should back them and not put a dampner on them before they even pull on a shirt. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Mark Mcnulty at Coventry? 

He impressed me when I saw him but you always have to wonder whether he looks good:

A Because he is surrounded by inferior players 

B Because he is playing against inferior defenders 

We have all seen YouTube videos of players waltzing towards goal only to see the same players run straight into well-organised defences when they play for us.

That's where the keen eye of a professional coach is needed.

Archived