18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Forest are signing some cracking talent. Made a threat months ago about a  DCFC/Mendes link. Our loss if going to be Forests gain in the long run.

Bamford now being linked. Here we are with Jerome and Nugent once Vydra departs.

Reid now being linked to Derby. And here they are with Murphy, Cummings and Vellios.

There's no need to be so dramatic ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Lets spuck 8m on Bobby Reid a'la Lawrence then and see where it gets us.

Gotta be the worst club around for signing a player off the back of one good season. Johnson, Lawrence, Albentosa,  Blackman...

You're a little ray of sunshine, you.

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Gotta be the worst club around for signing a player off the back of one good season. Johnson, Lawrence, Albentosa,  Blackman...

I don't even think Albentosa had 1 good season did he? Just popped up out of nowhere! 

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Forest are signing some cracking talent. Made a threat months ago about a  DCFC/Mendes link. Our loss if going to be Forests gain in the long run.

Bamford now being linked. Here we are with Jerome and Nugent once Vydra departs.

Surely it remains to be seen? Nothing to suggest that these players are going to be world beaters. Neves, Diego Jota and the others Wolves signed were significantly more experienced, proven & had a decent track record. 

Not suggesting they've signed bad players at all, but no one knows. Gil Dias, for example, comes with a reputation for being a headless chicken by those that have seen him play. The other players haven't even been able to prove that one way or another. Dawson was the organiser of one of the most suspect defences in the Championship last season. I think they conceded 70 goals(?) last season. 

Byram, I would say will be a good signing though. I've always liked him.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Lets spuck 8m on Bobby Reid a'la Lawrence then and see where it gets us.

And what's so special about Bamford? He did well at MK Dons and at us over 4 years ago, then had a good season at Boro and scored 17 goals (less than Reid by the way) and has done nothing since and you're here having a breakdown because he's linked to Forest. 

I think some of our fans expect all our players to score and assist 15 goals each. If not more. 

I think some people need to go look at scoring and assisting stats and realise that just doesn’t happen. 

Lawrence scored 6 and assisted 8 in the most anti football side we’ve ever had. So we didn’t really spunk £8mil on him, he didn’t even cost £8 mil with al the add ons.

im sure people just make things up to belittle the club about every aspect!

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And what's so special about Bamford? He did well at MK Dons and at us over 4 years ago, then had a good season at Boro and scored 17 goals (less than Reid by the way) and has done nothing since and you're here having a breakdown because he's linked to Forest. 

How many loans has Bamford had since us in 13/14? FOUR different clubs, how can the lad progress with so many moves?

Even then, he's done more than Nugent and especially more than Messiah Martin in that duration.

Bamfords already played more games in the Premiership (than Martin)and got big money moves since he left Forest has a kid.

Chris Martin is and forever will be a Championship player ? will be known for pulling a sulk at Fulham rather than the goals 13-15. Sad but true

Nugent: One England cap 11 years ago...word. 

In 2018 I know who id rather have out of Bamford, Nugent and Martin. Clue: its not the two on a major decline.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

How many loans has Bamford had since us in 13/14? FOUR different clubs, how can the lad progress with so many moves?

Even then, he's done more than Nugent and especially more than Messiah Martin in that duration.

And who's fault is that? He chose to sign for a club known to loan youngsters out left right and centre. He has played for 4 clubs in the Prem, scored 1 goal and then on his return to the Championship scored 10 in 31, incredible. I really don't agree that he's done more than either of those 2 in that duration.

Bamford - 27 Championship goals and 1 Premiership goal in 5 years.

Martin - 62 Championship goals in 5 years.

Nugent - 33 Championship goals and 5 Premiership goals in 5 years.

So he was outperformed by both in the Championship and Nugent in the Premiership ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Bamford than those 2 now days, but what gets me is you're downplaying people like Reid and Maddison but are panicking over Forest being linked to Bamford. You even used Maddison being nearly 25 as something against him .... Bamford turns 25 in 3 months? They had an £8 million bid rejected for a forward who's failed 4 times when given the chance in the Prem and didn't exactly light up the Championship last season, why are you so worried? 

Not that’s it’s about to happen but I wouldn’t be concerned if we sold no one and brought no one in - why, well we have a lot of very good players contracted to us and we just need a better system of play that is both enjoyable to watch and successful on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

why are you so worried? 

Probably because unlike most. I dont see the point in selling our best player for 10 million or thereabouts and signing Bobby bar steward Reid - a player who has had one, ONE decent season in his entire professional career for 8 mill.

Then using the other few bob spare to pick up rather average players from league one and two, players with absolutely no Championship experience.

Why would I suddenly trust the scouting and judgement of a player, after such crap snapped up over the years? 

With FFP the bee all at DCFC nowadays, surely we can't afford to sign more duff for millions to long term contracts.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Probably because unlike most. I dont see the point in selling our best player for 10 million or thereabouts and signing Bobby bar steward Reid - a player who has had one, ONE decent season in his entire professional career for 8 mill.

Then using the other few bob spare to pick up rather average players from league one and two, players with absolutely no Championship experience.

Why would I suddenly trust the scouting and judgement of a player, after such crap snapped up over the years? 

With FFP the bee all at DCFC nowadays, surely we can't afford to sign more duff for millions to long term contracts.

Would've loved to have seen your thoughts when we signed - Barker, Brayford, Bryson, Carson, Martin, Keogh

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

So you're concerned with FFP but don't want us to sign anyone from League 1 and 2, anyone from Scotland, anyone who's not had multiple good seasons in their career and anyone without Championship experience .... shouldn't be too difficult. And re-read what you've just put. You're desperate for us to not sell Vydra, but then say you don't trust the scouting .... the same scouting which signed Vydra in the first place 

And for what it's worth, I'm not particularly fussed with Bobby Reid either, but you're making way too much of a big deal about this being his only 'decent season.' He's been a centre midfielder for his entire career up until 17/18 so it would have been quite difficult for him to manage the same sort of stats he did last season. Not bad though, 1 season as a striker and he scored 19 goals and provided 7 assists, 3rd in the golden boot race and had more goal contributions than any other player in the league

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would've loved to have seen your thoughts when we signed - Barker, Brayford, Bryson, Carson, Martin, Keogh

And yours when we signed Albentosa, Maguire, Sammon, Dickinson, Camara, Anya

Works both ways kid

Archived