18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Probably putting 2 and 2 together and making 63 but Nixon responded “a target” for some reason Matt targett sprang to mind. We are after a left back and he’s back from his loan and not heard about a permanent move to Fulham.

Forget it, Fulham have just had a £10m bid rejected for Targett.

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ok mate I hasn’t seen that. Was seeing a cryptic response from him that wasn’t there!

You were! I literally saw the rejected Targett bid today on the sky sports transfer centre. "NOT FOR SALE" according to Southampton... so it'll probably take £15m from Fulham instead ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

More than half our current team have played premier league games, where is he from? Would it be a loan or a an actual transfer what’s his best position - I think I covered everything 

Right winger who's been on Southampton's books since he was a nipper. Good crosser of a ball but not seen enough of him to say whether he'd be a good fit it at Derby.

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Right winger who's been on Southampton's books since he was a nipper. Good crosser of a ball but not seen enough of him to say whether he'd be a good fit it at Derby.

Right winger?

mcqueen is a left back isnt he??

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Right winger?

mcqueen is a left back isnt he??

Played right wing through the academy and had a handful of games switched to left-back  to cover for Bertrand injury. 

EDIT: Had q quick google and found this - seems to cover right and left wing.

I honestly had never heard of him, but looked on their forum and they rate him highly. It may be a loan, it may be a permanent... Bristol were linked but have released an article today stating that reports are wide of the mark. 

It seems like a promising player, at the right age. It's about 90/10 in McQueen's favour to who they rate as a player between him & Targett. 

6 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

I've said 3 years now... Aaron gunnarson...would slot comfortably into our midfield. 

Also. Is this the longest suggestion thread we've had before we've actually signed a player?

I agree that Gunnarsson is a good player, however, we have many immobile defensive midfielders as it stands. Where does he fit with Huddlestone, Thorne, Ledley and Hanson already in place for a similar role?

We’d need to get rid of 2/3 of these to bring in someone who isn’t particularly an improvement...

29 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Nixon: Derby County. Lampard busier than people think. One lined up. Second tried. Good players too.

image.png.f48b0b52b4552849c079543d01c7556a.png

?

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hopefully we stick a bid in for Bayliss. 

Dunno why Nixon cant just say, he will gain more credibility if he broke stories sooner.

He only gets a column on Sunday apparently - and the Sun probably wouldn't find much reason to keep him on their payroll if he told everyone players names before they appeared in the paper. Exclusives are valuable. 

48 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Nixon: Derby County. Lampard busier than people think. One lined up. Second tried. Good players too.

I had to chuckle to myself when I read the bit ‘good players too’ what did he think of everyone else we have ever been linked with

Archived