18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

It's been a long time since we were linked with names this exciting.  Fully expect the majority of signings to be young and fresh and really really hope we can hang on to Vydra, but would love Frank to sign just one ageing superstar, the experience they could bring to the team would be invaluable

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Huddersfield, Fulham and wolves would disagree with you whole heartedly mate. 

I agree a loan with nothing at the end of it that cost us £2 mil is a waste, but so was Jerome, hudds etc that are at the end of their playing days with no to little sell on fee.

if we get promoted from it we could have the money to buy them if they fit the team, like Huddersfield did with mooy etc

a few quality loans in key positions can be the difference to getting promoted

All true, I think there were about 10 premiership loans in the championship play off final 

the right loan in the right positions are required and now a bit more possible but for me it has to be quality over quantity but to make space we need to move on the likes of Butterfield johnson Anya Blackman first which is so difficult to do with the likes of Martin Bryson and Vydra very interested in what the plans are.

To think he was sat on our bench whilst we played 2 defensive midfielders with wide men running around a lot and not offering much else but effort during the last part of the season.

I'd take him and thought he should have been playing last season.

21 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

To think he was sat on our bench whilst we played 2 defensive midfielders with wide men running around a lot and not offering much else but effort during the last part of the season.

I'd take him and thought he should have been playing last season.

The fact that he was nursing an injury for most of his time at Derby is a pretty big factor.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The fact that he was nursing an injury for most of his time at Derby is a pretty big factor.

yep, feels like he would spend more time in physio than on the pitch.  good player but there are better ones with better injury records so a no from me

I doubt we could afford him but I’d happily have him back on loan here, particularly if Vydra were to leave. I thought he was fantastic in the glimpses I saw of him. Raw, but he never had a proper run in the side to build some momentum.

Wish we played him more.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Has anyone ever backed this piece of gossip up?

Doesn't explain where Rowett played him when he did give him game time though.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, Owen Bradley. It's not gossip, its fact. Don't let that get in the way of your tireless Rowett bashing, however.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

On 01/02/2018 at 01:11, inter politics said:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/108318/kasey-palmer-leaves-town

Huddersfield fans thoughts. The fitness issues (hamstrings..) are a concern but clearly a talent.

there was this as well

Archived