Trevoh Chalobah
Izzy Brown
Mason Mount
Callum Hudson-Odoi 
George McEachran
Ola Aina 
And Lewis Baker

any of these 

Abraham mount and Odoi would be a great start. Is their a set limit of how many loaned in players 1 club can have in total ? Think I’m right in only 3 loan players can start a game no ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Boss said:

I would love Mount - he would be the number 1 target for me, even on loan. Think after his season he is ready for a prem loan though. Similar to Abraham, although I think he could go to a lower Prem team again. 

Surprised I haven’t seen too many mentions of Dasilva, he was absolutely fantastic at left back last season for Charlton, a position we seemed to have struggled with for quite a few seasons now. 

Just watched a YouTube highlights reel of Mason Mount although he looks a good player he's not to different from Tom Lawrence. IF Vydra leaves I can see it being a key year for Lawrence.

Sorry aswell just to add although I get excited about an upcoming youngster as much as the next man ( no puns please ) I don't see the point in loaning players for the sake of it , if we have someone in our own ranks with just as much potential.

10 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Abraham mount and Odoi would be a great start. Is their a set limit of how many loaned in players 1 club can have in total ? Think I’m right in only 3 loan players can start a game no ?

5 loan players can start a game , can loan 8 in total and 4 from one club. 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just watched a YouTube highlights reel of Mason Mount although he looks a good player he's not to different from Tom Lawrence. IF Vydra leaves I can see it being a key year for Lawrence.

He's a centre mid for a start, so there's quite the difference to Lawrence

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Sorry aswell just to add although I get excited about an upcoming youngster as much as the next man ( no puns please ) I don't see the point in loaning players for the sake of it , if we have someone in our own ranks with just as much potential.

It's not for the sake of it. The majority of the players mentioned are big improvements on our current team

17 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's a centre mid for a start, so there's quite the difference to Lawrence

It's not for the sake of it. The majority of the players mentioned are big improvements on our current team

Didn't look like it from the clips I watched , looked to me as he was playing mainly on the left as an inside forward. 

I'm not saying there not an improvement , just saying I wouldn't personally want us signing players just for the sake of it because there at Chelsea or city etc etc....  Plus all the names being bounded about I'm not doubting your football knowledge Cam but how many have actually seen these players play to make that judgement. I've certainly not watched much of vittese.

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Didn't look like it from the clips I watched , looked to me as he was playing mainly on the left as an inside forward. 

I'm not saying there not an improvement , just saying I wouldn't personally want us signing players just for the sake of it because there at Chelsea or city etc etc....  Plus all the names being bounded about I'm not doubting your football knowledge Cam but how many have actually seen these players play to make that judgement. I've certainly not watched much of vittese.

I've not seen any of them whilst at Vitesse, just the same Youtube clips as you. I've watched most of them during their time with the England youth teams which obviously isn't too many games, but still I've seen good bits of some of them here and there whilst watching those. But for someone like Mount, the fact he can amass these type of stats whilst playing in a top division abroad, for a team way off the pace of the top teams and at the age of 19 is more than enough for me to want us to try and get him

4fd3c46a4ebab5782db0b13afd45dbb4.png

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've not seen any of them whilst at Vitesse, just the same Youtube clips as you. I've watched most of them during their time with the England youth teams which obviously isn't too many games, but still I've seen good bits of some of them here and there whilst watching those. But for someone like Mount, the fact he can amount these type of stats whilst playing in a top division abroad, for a team way off the pace of the top teams and at the age of 19 is more than enough for me to want us to try and get him

4fd3c46a4ebab5782db0b13afd45dbb4.png

Pretty impressive must have been a bit of a misleading video regarding positions played. Or he had a very good game when he did play further up the field hence the you tube video. ?

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

i cant understand this clamour to sign players on loan its just a temperory fix waste of timer

Mason Mount is a beautiful player, watched Vitesse regularly and boy is he special, he played in a 4-3-3 as LCM, but in practice was more of a 10 than anything, he'd be an immense acquisition, but it's much more likely he'll go to a top league club imho, I've heard plenty in the Bundesliga are interested. Ditto for Tammy.

All these rumours flying round is great fun.

Terry, Defoe, Crouch, Ivanovic and Huth put out there.

More interesting and realistic Hudson-Odoi, James and Ampadu, Mount, Abraham, Brown, Palmer, Aina, Chalobah (younger), McEachran (younger), Baker  and da Silva as loan options from Chelsea.

Theoretically an Abraham, Hudson-Odoi and Mount front 3 could tear up this division and be worth bringing Lamps in for alone.

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

i cant understand this clamour to sign players on loan its just a temperory fix waste of timer

It's actually the obvious solution to our problems.

Our squad is aging and deficient and we're severely limited by FFP.

Loans, if we're talking proper quality loans, are absolutely the answer.

We bring in players we could never hope to sign - players who are predicted to become quality, players who are probably already above our standard, but because we will get favourable treatment we get them.

We are unlikely to be able to buy one quality addition let alone the 4, 5 or 6 we need, but loans can fill multiple gaps, improve other areas and push ourselves on a level, whilst allowing us to cut costs elewhere and get to the end of this season when over half the squad are out of contract.

Not to mention being at the top of the queue to sign any who move on.

Loans will be the most exciting part of this season, I have no doubt someone not permanently contracted to us will get you up off your seat far more times than our current players.

Bring them on!

9 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Huddersfield, Fulham and wolves would disagree with you whole heartedly mate. 

I agree a loan with nothing at the end of it that cost us £2 mil is a waste, but so was Jerome, hudds etc that are at the end of their playing days with no to little sell on fee.

if we get promoted from it we could have the money to buy them if they fit the team, like Huddersfield did with mooy etc

a few quality loans in key positions can be the difference to getting promoted

As frank lampard is new derby county manager and Jody Morris along board , I think we would get a better chance of Kasey Palmer on a permanent deal because of the connection of Jody Morris and Palmer had at Chelsea’s under 19 squad. What do you think ? Would it be a good deal , Kasey Palmer joining the rams on a permanent deal ? 

204B10F1-A29C-43F7-A3BA-64474DBDCA15.png

Archived