18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Huddersfield, Fulham and wolves would disagree with you whole heartedly mate. 

I agree a loan with nothing at the end of it that cost us £2 mil is a waste, but so was Jerome, hudds etc that are at the end of their playing days with no to little sell on fee.

if we get promoted from it we could have the money to buy them if they fit the team, like Huddersfield did with mooy etc

a few quality loans in key positions can be the difference to getting promoted

if there was option to buy clauses at the end of it then so be it i was thinking more of the like of youngsters like weve had in the past

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rample said:

It's actually the obvious solution to our problems.

Our squad is aging and deficient and we're severely limited by FFP.

Loans, if we're talking proper quality loans, are absolutely the answer.

We bring in players we could never hope to sign - players who are predicted to become quality, players who are probably already above our standard, but because we will get favourable treatment we get them.

We are unlikely to be able to buy one quality addition let alone the 4, 5 or 6 we need, but loans can fill multiple gaps, improve other areas and push ourselves on a level, whilst allowing us to cut costs elewhere and get to the end of this season when over half the squad are out of contract.

Not to mention being at the top of the queue to sign any who move on.

Loans will be the most exciting part of this season, I have no doubt someone not permanently contracted to us will get you up off your seat far more times than our current players.

Bring them on!

we will see

41 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeah, Owen Bradley. It's not gossip, its fact. Don't let that get in the way of your tireless Rowett bashing, however.

It won't. Just more stupidity from Rowett signs a crock on loan and then plays him out of position = he sets himself doesn't he. ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Has anyone ever backed this piece of gossip up?

Doesn't explain where Rowett played him when he did give him game time though.

He returned from a full season loan at Huddersfield at Christmas because he was injured and was expected to be for most of the season so he was no good to them or Chelsea but we were desperate and probably paid the Russell money to get him and not be able to properly use him

Palmer could come good but for me I'd think a bit more carefully if we needed him.

Roger obviously signed him to compete with Vydra, ignoring the fact we needed a winger.

To sign him back without anyone going would be a waste for all concerned. 

If there is a loan quota of 4 (I think) then as it stands left back, centre mid, wingers and strikers would be more use than stockpiling attacking mids/no. 10s.

I take the point about it hampering our player's development but how many are realistically ready? When we were talking about blooding them a few weeks back, the list seemed to stop at Elsnik. We were talking more about doing it as a necessity and compared to underperforming players. In the ideal world we shuft off Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson and maybe Ledley, bring in a partner for Hudds and Elsnik is still closer to the side than he was. It's the deadwood he needs to move above.

Anyway if there's one thing Frankie should know it's midfielders, and I think he will get mileage out of some of those I write off. Bur Elsnik should be in that mix.

If JT came as a player it'd be CD he was replacing (unless we were going 3 at the back). He's always played left sided centre back and, although CD could go to the right, I can't imagine those two together if FL ever wants us to pass out from the back. 

Mason Mount stands out from the loan suggestions, I do rate him from what I've seen. I just hope we're looking further afield than just Chelsea youngsters and Former team mates as well 

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeah, Owen Bradley. It's not gossip, its fact. Don't let that get in the way of your tireless Rowett bashing, however.

Tireless Rowett bashing is now perfectly acceptable, indeed it should be encouraged.

Which makes @RoyMac5 a visionary early adopter.

Weird game, football.

Just now, reveldevil said:

Tireless Rowett bashing is now perfectly acceptable, indeed it should be encouraged.

Which makes @RoyMac5 a visionary early adopter.

Weird game, football.

It didn't start out that way, I only really joined in when it was obvious he talked crap.. Indeed there are some on here who never wanted him to begin with, who forecast 'how it would be'! I cannot lay claim to having such vision unfortunately. ?

Why do people keep thinking mason Mount would come to us, or be allowed to come to us. Lampard aside, mount has been linked with permanent deals with 3 champions league sides in Europe, plus 3 prem sides who want him on loan or a big deal. Chelsea are also talking about him being a first team option.

Would I love him here? Of course, he looks a fantastic prospect.

Can we attract him? I would be astonished if chelsea think this is the level for his next progression, even if we have lampard.

22 hours ago, Rample said:

If there is a loan quota of 4 (I think) then as it stands left back, centre mid, wingers and strikers would be more use than stockpiling attacking mids/no. 10s.

I think the ruling might be that you're not allowed more than 5 loan players in your matchday squad. I might be wrong though. 

Hudson-Odoi is Jody Morris' main man. Came through under him and has flourished since. Lot of people expect him to follow Jody Morris here if he is indeed our new no.2 

On 01/06/2018 at 16:09, Rample said:

Palmer could come good but for me I'd think a bit more carefully if we needed him.

Roger obviously signed him to compete with Vydra, ignoring the fact we needed a winger.

To sign him back without anyone going would be a waste for all concerned. 

I take the point about it hampering our player's development but how many are realistically ready? When we were talking about blooding them a few weeks back, the list seemed to stop at Elsnik. We were talking more about doing it as a necessity and compared to underperforming players. In the ideal world we shuft off Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson and maybe Ledley, bring in a partner for Hudds and Elsnik is still closer to the side than he was. It's the deadwood he needs to move above.

Anyway if there's one thing Frankie should know it's midfielders, and I think he will get mileage out of some of those I write off. Bur Elsnik should be in that mix.

Here’s all you need to know on the loan rules. How many loan players can a Championship side have?

Clubs are allowed to have eight players on loan, but can only field a maximum of five loan signings in any one game.They can only sign a maximum of four players from a specific club, of which only two can be over the age of 23.

Here are the official EFL rules:

52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; and 

52.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer (which can occur any time during the period of the Temporary Loan Transfer) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season.

Archived