18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not linked to Derby in the press but ambitious Championship clubs expected to be in for Baldock and Hemed.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/16268923.Albion_braced_for_bids_for_out-of-favour_frontmen/

I'm not surprised that they'll probably both be leaving but a little bit disappointed. Logical in that they are not getting games but their attitude, professionalism and work rate, not to mention goals, were massive for us.

42 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Not linked to Derby in the press but ambitious Championship clubs expected to be in for Baldock and Hemed.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/16268923.Albion_braced_for_bids_for_out-of-favour_frontmen/

I'm not surprised that they'll probably both be leaving but a little bit disappointed. Logical in that they are not getting games but their attitude, professionalism and work rate, not to mention goals, were massive for us.

I really liked Hemed during your time in the championship. Powerful, good touch and a decent finisher. Just think up top we need youth with Nugent, 33 and Jerome, 31 our current first choices and Martin also not fancied at this point in time...  

10 hours ago, Doodle said:

I’m currently on holiday and Nathan Dyer is staying in the same hotel. I think with the help of some cocktails, I could  get the deal over the line. He would be brilliant for us. A proper winger is what we need, rather than forwards being pushed wide. 

Keep your cash and mobile phone well hidden then!?

39 minutes ago, Topram said:

When a new manager comes in we usually get linked with everyone, haven’t been linked with anyone yet but Terry

Have seen Mikel, Ivanovic, Huth and a couple of other Chelsea old boys mentioned too

4 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

Always liked Baldock but he seems to be injured a lot? Solid Champ striker though. 

7 hours ago, GadFly said:

Yeah rubbish signing. 

He only has probably more silverware than our entire club. What Jose, Scolari and Ancelotti ever saw in him I'll never know.  

He'd make butterfield look creative.

He's so good that chelsea let him go on a free transfer, and still no-one wanted him.

Didn't make a thread because there's no articles or reliable sources about it, but some Pompey fans have started mentioning Ledley as being linked with them. Probably nothing in it, but I think that would be great for us. He did well when he first joined and then seemed to have a drop in form after getting the new contract. Could be a great opportunity to replace him with a younger player either from our academy or elsewhere 

Just checked through Twitter and it seems to be some chap taking the mick and other Pompey fans have fell for it. Ahhh well

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Always liked Baldock but he seems to be injured a lot? Solid Champ striker though. 

He missed the start of the season with a calf injury but was available after that. Last season we played one up front and he's not a typical loan forward which perhaps explains his lack of games. 

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

With Frank off to the WC next week (I assume), I’d be surprised if we didn’t have a few lads close to joining/leaving before then

You’d hope so mate, shorter window and some good players already getting snapped up, need a few in and out 

33 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

With Frank off to the WC next week (I assume), I’d be surprised if we didn’t have a few lads close to joining/leaving before then

Especially how Lamps said he already has players in mind. You'd imagine we've already had talks with clubs already. 

Archived