18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/05/2018 at 09:02, David said:

Worth a try? Backup for Jerome ?

Maybe Lampard gets a little 'lost' in Russia and accidentally ends up in the Polish training camp - Has a little word - Let's Robert know that Derby is the Munich of England...

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well, that didn't take long ?

image.thumb.png.1f98d4af62edb5490e71d46c617e7f61.png

I hope not - He's a great player but we already have 3 very good CBs who are all (?) in their 30s - If we're bringing in CBs we need someone for the future please

Just now, cheron85 said:

I hope not - He's a great player but we already have 3 very good CBs who are all (?) in their 30s - If we're bringing in CBs we need someone for the future please

I'm on the fence with this one, there's so many pros and cons to it.

Pros:

I can't imagine the dressing room ever turning on Frank if Terry is there

Still a top defender for this level

Natural leader

He is a top professional and that helped improve the younger lads at Villa, particularly Grealish (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-exit-john-terry-14726373)

Cons:

Another old signing

Probably huge wages

I imagine it would result in Davies losing the captaincy

His arrival would probably mean Keogh or Davies would leave

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm on the fence with this one, there's so many pros and cons to it.

Pros:

I can't imagine the dressing room ever turning on Frank if Terry is there

Still a top defender for this level

Natural leader

He is a top professional and that helped improve the younger lads at Villa, particularly Grealish (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-exit-john-terry-14726373)

Cons:

Another old signing

Probably huge wages

I imagine it would result in Davies losing the captaincy

A back 3 of Terry, Keogh and Davies... I've seen worse. 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That's the whole ballgame for me - I don't want to lose either of them

Davies is an experienced pro, had a great season and I imagine a great role model for the younger players

Keogh must be close to our longest serving player and his passion and spirit for me are a must have

Reading between the lines of Frank's comments I can't see Terry coming for the following reasons.

1. Financial - we have little money and needs to spent across the squad.

2. Defense - was our strongest suit and where we currently have the most players.

3. Frank I believe would want to be the one clear voice as manager leading the team.

I maybe wrong be I can't personally see it happening. Plus he is too old

9 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Reading between the lines of Frank's comments I can't see Terry coming for the following reasons.

1. Financial - we have little money and needs to spent across the squad.

2. Defense - was our strongest suit and where we currently have the most players.

3. Frank I believe would want to be the one clear voice as manager leading the team.

I maybe wrong be I can't personally see it happening. Plus he is too old

Excuse me? 

If he came as a player/coach maybe Frank could persuade him to join on a coach's wage rather than a player wage - not like Terry needs the money!

Also, if we were to sign somebody younger as well like Souttar then there aren't many better CB's around to learn from than Terry.

I think if Terry was to join it would probably mean one of Keogh, Davies or Pearce would leave. Personally i'd be happy with a Terry + Davies CB partnership for a year with a young back up like previously mentioned Souttar.

53 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

we need his mate Marriott too. Promotion would definitely be realistic with those 2 attacking additions. 

It didn’t work for Peterborough so just steady on and let the manager make all the decisions 

All the assumptions that were going to raid Chelsea , Man City etc etc .... For there youngsters we haven't even got a clue how we're going to set up , who Frank's going to like dislike as a player . He could see something in players that no other manager has seen , remember were getting a manager / person who has been surrounded by world class players all his life. He might look at say Butterfield for example and see him as the absolute key or he might look at someone we have really rated over the years i.e Keogh and think no , just no ! 

All we know or presume about the way he's going to set up and the player attributes hes going to look at are the things we've heard in the press conference. Fast paced , forward thinking attractive football . With and without the ball. To me that translates were going to press high ,look to pass forward quickly and get the ball from front to back in a style that's please the on the eye. I.e shorter faster passing rather than some of the so called hoof ball we've been used to seeing. 

So summing up I think we're going to see players flourish with energy ,  technical ability and pace. (Or a blend of in the 11). He also mentioned about having determination and work ethic 

Top of my head I can see players like :

Carson

Davies 

Wisdom 

Lowe 

Butterfield

Elsnilk

Guy 

Thorne 

Lawrence 

Jerome 

Players I think may struggle

Forsyth 

Johnson 

Pearce 

Huddlestone

Hanson 

Nugent 

But I could be a million miles off it's all assumptions and if buts and maybes.

I would love Mount - he would be the number 1 target for me, even on loan. Think after his season he is ready for a prem loan though. Similar to Abraham, although I think he could go to a lower Prem team again. 

Surprised I haven’t seen too many mentions of Dasilva, he was absolutely fantastic at left back last season for Charlton, a position we seemed to have struggled with for quite a few seasons now. 

Archived