Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

True.

There is no way money is too tight to mention if Rowett chose to sign Jerome, paying a transfer fee and high wages! I imagine it's much more to do with the 'pyramidal' wages structure and only having a limited number of high earners. Plus getting rid of the players Rowett so obviously doesn't want. Not to mention being allowed to splash a large quantity of cash on Lawrence. Nothing to do with FFP.

Certainly not a Forest Fan?.......but more like a Simply Red fan!.......and if I had something to tell ya, I'd tell ya!

On 11/03/2018 at 17:25, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rightly or wrongly doubts started to creep into my mind about Rowett, but his attitude and passion today, both on the touch line and in his post match interview with sky, shows exactly why us fans must get behind him and the team. And that in itself could be more important than any win against our neighbours. As Gary pointed out, their season is over now ;)

Come on Derby!!

I already quite liked Gary but watching the snippets of his pre and post match rocketed my opinion of him.

Top top banter and well played that's exactly how it should be when it comes to Derby v forest.

You might not have won the game but no doubting at all who won the banter battle.

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I already quite liked Gary but watching the snippets of his pre and post match rocketed my opinion of him.

Top top banter and well played that's exactly how it should be when it comes to Derby v forest.

You might not have won the game but no doubting at all who won the banter battle.

I must admit,it has the opposite effect on me....just get the lads performing well and win games gary.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I must admit,it has the opposite effect on me....just get the lads performing well and win games gary.

Same here, his loss of composure smacked of a man feeling the pressure of his team losing their grip on the good work of earlier in the year and the chasing pack narrowing the gap for that last play off place. 

Yeah, I am aware we are currently 5th but if we stay in that position, I would consider that be a bigger achievement than him getting us to second. 

You've not won a game at the city ground since NC left I believe?

His first job is to stop that rot. You might not like to hear this but the Cloughs knew how to handle Derby days, you didn't win too many when BC was in charge down the road and NC was a player.

First rule, don't lose to the shithouses down the road.

If you look back youll see my posts on rowetts style of football and even the teams i thought would over take you. I like him as a person but he's not my style playing wise, never was probably never will be.

His squad so his responsibility but considering the midfield he put together you're doing better than expected.

He has won games and he will win games, youll finish top 6 and then it's anyone's guess.

Hope you don't hang the bloke for getting you at least your third most  successful season in ten years.

Winding up the opposition fans, players and manager of your biggest rival should be part of his job description .

Top job Gary and I bet both Clough junior and senior would have had a little chuckle at his antics.

We need to start winning again soon to be certain but, high likelihood we will significantly improve on last year’s points position and league position and probably make the playoffs?!

Derby making the playoffs= Significant Improvement!

And guess what i’ll also say the football has improved since last season! Let’s get real here, last season the football was ****, under Clement the football was ****, Wassall played decent stuff albeit kamikaze but don’t anyone kid themselves saying we were an attractive footballing team when Rowett came in, we were **** and the Rowettball thing is just total ********!

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We need to start winning again soon to be certain but, high likelihood we will significantly improve on last year’s points position and league position and probably make the playoffs?!

And guess what i’ll also say the football has improved since last season! Let’s get real here, last season the football was ****, under Clement the football was ****, Wassall played decent stuff albeit kamikaze but don’t anyone kid themselves saying we were an attractive footballing team when Rowett came in, we were **** and the Rowettball thing is just total ********!

Huh?

Prior to our traditional feb drop last year, the football,whilst nowhere near Mac1 standards,was better than this years.

And unless we can drag a win out of sunday,which I hope we can,I can see us finishing out of the play offs this year too.

Improvements?.....where exactly?

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rowett's football is *****. We don't compete sufficiently, we can't apply pressure for long, we give the ball away too much, flair players gone........Awful, awful Awful.

44 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Last season's point total was greatly affected by the dire start under Pearson.

The only improvement I can see is we don't lose as often. But equally we don't win as often as we did with Mac2 and hence points per game is less. 

In late November and December we were playing decent stuff and winning but that has vanished. Recently we have had neither results or performances. At Reading our possession stat was below 30%!

Rowettball exists, I've seen it, not all the time, but too often for comfort.

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

For me it’s a bit of a side show giggle that you perhaps warm to him for in terms winding up our rivals but in all honesty has no bearing in terms of how I see his ability in terms of being a football manager,it doesn’t really make him better or worse as a manager.

the thing about him changing the football from pure to rowettball is a bit of an unfair one because people are blocking out a big swath of time to reach that conclusion,since Mac 1 first season with clough team the football has been a real hotch potch for various reasons ,whether that be injuries then different managers and the transfer policy so for me rowett has come in and put a bit of identity and stability into a club that was a bit lost in terms of playing style and consistency,, whether you like the style and identity that rowett has produced so far is is different matter and open to debate and personal opinion but to portray it as him comming in and ripping apart the Wembley play off team is not right and a bit unfair

Instant promotion with an eclectic mix of different managers players including his own was never going to be realistic in his first full season. We, deep down realise that 2nd place was overachieving this season .. of course we'd take it every time but to make the playoffs was a tangible goal this time around . The entitlement and expectation of a top 10 premier league club by some "fans" is ludicrous in the short term . The time to judge the current management and players and I guess the owner is after 3 full seasons. Patience and level headedness is in short supply in modern football and I reckon this current set up is now strong in both areas . COYR 

On 11/03/2018 at 20:53, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I personally trust our club will succeed under the tenure of Gary. 

For me there is no doubt (given time) our faith in him will pay off. 

Well said. Madness how some fans expect a manager to come in hit the ground running and get promoted in the managers first full season, you need a hell of a lot of luck for that. You start a new project it’s a marathon not a sprint to get to the end goal, what’s the point in starting all over again with a new manager.

we all know he needs his own players and for wjhat ever the reasons he couldn’t do that fully this season

The least we can do is get behind the lad give him a chance it’s a tough job,not call for his head

On 15/03/2018 at 09:56, LazloW said:

I like Rowett, the man.   Quite articulate, seems genuinely passionate about the club, doesn't mind winding up Forest (can't be a bad thing) and seems intelligent.  I also think Rowett will have a very good managerial career.  He'll be sought after by struggling clubs.  Get into a team, make them more solid, hard(er) to break down and so on... but it won't be pretty.  That is, if he doesn't change of course.  I really really hope that he can find a way to inject some positivity, flair and a bit of abandon into how we play.  Not fussed about whether its bringing kids through (seems to be the 'stick of the week' from Rowett and Mel haters to beat them with) or just changing a mindset, but for a season where we have - and still are - challenging for promotion, it has been oddly dull for me.  I hate seeing us concede possession, I hate letting other teams pass it around while we keep our shape, I hate not seeing midfielders get beyond the strikers.  I don't mind the odd longer ball, it doesn't have to be tippy-tappy, but I want to see us on the front foot, taking the game to people and playing with tempo.  We do it now and again; we don't do it often enough. 

Obviously, I wouldn't sack him or anything so daft.  He is young, relatively inexperienced and learning his craft.  We could have a real gem... but, for me, only if he can just tweak his mindset a bit and start thinking about the 25,000 who want to see us 'play', not just get a result.  

As a registered happy clapper, thats about as negative as you're gojng to get from me.  I don't want this to be interpreted as mindless GR hating or harking back to the good old days of Mac1... but where I do agree with those that do, is that what I consider to be attritional and pragmatic football only takes you - or a manager - so far.  We need to mix it up.  

I expect many will disagree... fair enough.  Its only a game!  

Great post and I agree with nearly all of your points ...was talking in the pub the other night with my mates so a collection of Millwall Chelsea West Ham and Spurs fans...and the question was win the league or cup playing the Man U style or achieve exactly the same playing the Man City or Tottenham style and not one person opted for the Man Utd style or said it doesn't matter as long as you win.

i actually like GR and genuinely think he is passionate and keen and probably works very hard but the reality is that if we continue to let the opposition have the ball it will be to the detriment of our attendances both home and away 

I've seen some  difficult times at this club  and remember driving from London to places like Rotherham, Bradford, Hartlepool and Doncaster in the 3rd tier  and losing away some in midweek and thinking Christ this is poor so we are in a much better place than that but I for one would like to see some better more dominant football 

I've actually been a bit bored at a few games this season like Fulham away for example ...

The Forest performance I thought was a much better performance but totally agree a bit more adventurous going forward would'nt have hurt.

i don't think we will get anything from Cardiff at home if we adopt the same tactics as used at there place but we live in hope :thumbsup: COYR

21 hours ago, DRBee said:

Rowett's football is *****. We don't compete sufficiently, we can't apply pressure for long, we give the ball away too much, flair players gone........Awful, awful Awful.

Awful awful Awful sounds like you 

11 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

There's currently West Brom fans int media saying that if Derby don't go up they should get Rowett to get them promoted next season. Apparently he's in the Howe / Dyche mould.

Interesting.

Huge difference Howe and Dyche and their styles.

10 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

There's currently West Brom fans int media saying that if Derby don't go up they should get Rowett to get them promoted next season. Apparently he's in the Howe / Dyche mould.

Interesting.

Would have to fork out after this new contract! Rowett's stock is extremely high in the national media. I wouldn't be surprised if another club came sniffing next season.

Archived