Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't WBA fans realise that they lose all kudos as soon as they get relegated, they would no longer have the pulling power to move for a Gary Rowett or a Lee Johnson. Same goes for Shtoke. And Southampton, and Bournemouth, and Swansea, and Burnley, and Leicester.......

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Huge difference Howe and Dyche and their styles.

You're telling me.

I'm a big admirer of both managers achievements but a bigger fan of Howe's football and ethos.

For all Gary's enjoyable bluster at notts last week, if he doesn't back it up with some results he'll not look good. Just a loud mouth with crap trainers.

That said, if I was Derby manager I'd be planting a Rams flag int centre spot, Souey style.

23 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You're telling me.

I'm a big admirer of both managers achievements but a bigger fan of Howe's football and ethos.

For all Gary's enjoyable bluster at notts last week, if he doesn't back it up with some results he'll not look good. Just a loud mouth with crap trainers.

That said, if I was Derby manager I'd be planting a Rams flag int centre spot, Souey style.

Can I ask, what would make you happy ?

I dont just mean Champions League place, challenging for trophys every year

I mean, tell us what you would do to turn us into a team that would make you happy

Give us your expert analysis to explain how you would right the wrongs that everyone else is making and outline in very simple terms what you think we should be doing instead 

55 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Can I ask, what would make you happy ?

I dont just mean Champions League place, challenging for trophys every year

I mean, tell us what you would do to turn us into a team that would make you happy

Give us your expert analysis to explain how you would right the wrongs that everyone else is making and outline in very simple terms what you think we should be doing instead 

Slow down and chill Winston. I post an irreverent comment about Gal's shoddy footwear, jibes at notts and WBA fans supposed interest in our manager and I'm public enemy no1.

I suppose Gal is better than Howe or Dyche then? 

No, not right now eh?

I presume your comment about my expert opinion is sarcastic, so I'll give my fan's opinion:

Play better football.

Win more games.

Stop defending for 80% of games.

Have more attacking guile.

Have a midfield that can attack and not just predominantly defend.

Start matches by attacking instead of containing / defending.

Start with our best players.

Less talking PowerPoint hyperbole.

Less talk, more action.

Enjoy the torrent of deserved abuse v notts next season if we don't go up

And most importantly, get better trainers. Some Adidas originals minimum. 

If he's going to be cocky and raise his head above the parapet, then he needs to back it up with results. I've got loads of wisecracks to sling at notts and far better trainers.

Im not even anti Gal but some of the blind  faith 'gal will get us promoted cos he's Derby though and through' is ruddy foolish. We're all Derby through and through but some balance please.

@DRBee @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

The point I’m making is last season the football wasnt good. Under Clement it wasnt great either. It was a brief spell under wassall and 3-4 years ago under McClaren when we were at our best attacking wise, that team was long gone before Rowett arrived, it went with the appalling signings under Clement, and loss of form of key players. As a minimum it is the same standard as last season, yet we’ve scored more goals conceded less and have more points!

I was a McClaren fan I thought he didn’t get a fair chance second time, but there are people on this message board touting some Rowettball myth, because he played a certain way at Burton and Brum they’d made their minds up before he even came in about him, and whenever we don’t get results use the myth to support their position. They can only really grumble with the recent slump and early season, but they’ve been spouting this crap all season!

The football this season is no worst yet we’re in a better position. That’s improvement. End of season is right time to judge, if we don’t make the playoffs should we sack him? Only way we’re going to get anywhere long term is stability. He needs the fair crack of the whip his recent predecessors didn’t get.

9 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Slow down and chill Winston. I post an irreverent comment about Gal's shoddy footwear, jibes at notts and WBA fans supposed interest in our manager and I'm public enemy no1.

No, not right now eh?

I presume your comment about my expert opinion is sarcastic, so I'll give my fan's opinion:

Play better football.

Win more games.

Stop defending for 80% of games.

Less talk, more action.

If he's going to be cocky and raise his head above the parapet, then he needs to back it up with results. I've got loads of wisecracks to sling at notts and far better trainers.

Im not even anti Gal but some of the blind  faith 'gal will get us promoted cos he's Derby though and through' is ruddy foolish. We're all Derby through and through but some balance please.

BOOM ! And that’s pretty much how you shut someone up who questions your right to have your own opinion. Bravo ? ? 

11 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

No, not right now eh?

Play better football.

We cant change the squad we currently have. So : 

How ?

Win more games.

How ?

Stop defending for 8

By doing what ?

How ?

We have what we have. Who do you pick for the next game to do this ?

Agreed. Its frustrating. Presumably there is a reason for it.

Who is playing who shouldn't be and who should play but isn't in our next game ?

Example ? Just one quote will do 

Less talk, more action.

In what way more action ? What would you like to see different , this week ?

Very strange comment.

Fair enough

So the manager cannot have a sense of humour ?

Quote me the name of one DFCFfans poster who you believe demonstrates this attitude. 

Tim

I'm sorry , but there is no depth to what you are saying. 

This is why I find such negativity so strange. It doesnt seem to have any foundation in fact. Or indeed realism. 

I'm not saying you're are a football expert. Neither am I.

I'm not even saying your attitude is wrong : I'm just trying to understand it because, I dont get it.

But at least have a coherent argument that stands up to challenge when making that opinion

Finally, who is 'gal' ?

On 17/03/2018 at 21:49, Mistaram said:

Awful awful Awful sounds like you 

Unlike your good self, at least I ain't so thick as to think Huddlestone would still be suspended for the rearranged Cardiff match. :D

On 17/03/2018 at 22:10, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You don't have their number handy do you??

They would like his accent too.

I am sick of this Circle Jerk between you an @RoyMac5... Kills me that you are so anti Rowett, we have one of the most promising young British managers in the game, yet due to the fact that the football is always entertaining you want rid.

How can you justify calling for his head given the positions we have been in for the majority of the season, and to think it is his full season at the club, with a small pot to piss in when it comes to budget

19 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I am sick of this Circle Jerk between you an @RoyMac5... Kills me that you are so anti Rowett, we have one of the most promising young British managers in the game, yet due to the fact that the football is always entertaining you want rid.

How can you justify calling for his head given the positions we have been in for the majority of the season, and to think it is his full season at the club, with a small pot to piss in when it comes to budget

I don't get some of the accolades often attributed to Gary on here, he's been called a 'great manager' and like yourself 'one of the most promising young British managers in the game.'

You do realise he's won nothing in his career ?

As for 'small pot to piss in' you do realise we have one of the highest wage bills in the league?          

1 hour ago, superfit said:

I don't get some of the accolades often attributed to Gary on here, he's been called a 'great manager' and like yourself 'one of the most promising young British managers in the game.'

As for 'small pot to piss in' you do realise we have one of the highest wage bills in the league?          

Remember times when having a very high wage bill meant we were in shat not a yeardstick of how good we were ,

that said I am happy to accept you or anybody else totally disagreeing that rowett is a great manager and pointing out that he s won nothing ,I think that’s fair argument when those not particularly rating him  get irked by what they see as some overeating him at this point ,

one of the most promising young British managers in the game ? That’s a widely held opinion in football at this time not just what some would describe as biased derby supporting rowett fan boys ,,

me I see a young manager learning his trade and doing pretty well at the clubs he has been at so far , I don’t think he is doing a bad job here so far , even if some disagree that he is a little budget constrained surely they can’t deny he is at very least trying to manage in a proper way in terms of acting responsibly with the health of the clubs finances whilst building what he hopes will over the term of his contract get derby promoted . 

Whilst you may be right to point out that some overate him at this juncture in his career it’s also the case that some are just batshit crazy in their anti rowett views 

I don't really get the promising young manager thing either to be honest. 

He's doesn't play especially nice stuff and he wins about 4 times in 10? Something like that? 

He may go onto to be a massive success. Hopefully with us. But he's a young British manager. There's nothing he's done to deserve the kind of up and coming title

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't really get the promising young manager thing either to be honest. 

He's doesn't play especially nice stuff and he wins about 4 times in 10? Something like that? 

He may go onto to be a massive success. Hopefully with us. But he's a young British manager. There's nothing he's done to deserve the kind of up and coming title

To be honest the job he was doing at Birmingham is probably what earnt him that recognition and he was doing a very decent job if you look at where they were when he walked in and how he had them competing at the top end on a budget ,he also had a pretty decent habit of beating or drawing with teams that were on paper supposed far better ,,  I remember his brum doing a job on us ,,,, that coupled with the fact that he talks a fair amount of sense about the game and has a decent amount of confidence about him leads lots to see a fair amount of potential in him ( that’s opinion though and open to debate) ,, dych at Burnley is not seen as playing particularly nice stuff but again is a respected British manager and rightly so ,,, I honestly think that we actually hamstring British managers because we expect them in the main to show that they can do it at a lower level or with lesser clubs then work their way up ,,, then when they put together teams that do solid jobs but have to do it differently because of finances they get labled as playing poor football and they are regarded as ok on a small budget but wouldn’t / couldn’t cut it at a bigger club with more money and bigger name players to chose from so we always see Johnny sexy foreign name being brought in and given the top jobs in English football no matter how less experienced or suited to the job,,,,

good luck ever producing a decent England manager with that enduring approach and attitude

1 hour ago, superfit said:

I said promising not established..

Also about the small pot, he has had to reduce the wage bill considerably to allow himself to bring in his own players, a task that none of the other managers have had to deal with. Whilst doing this he has got us to second in the league! And we are still in a play off position... You cannot tell me that they were your expectations before the start of the season.

31 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I said promising not established..

Also about the small pot, he has had to reduce the wage bill considerably to allow himself to bring in his own players...

Says who?!

How much do you think ex-Prem players like Jerome, Lawrence et al are on!

1 hour ago, archied said:

To be honest the job he was doing at Birmingham is probably what earnt him that recognition and he was doing a very decent job if you look at where they were when he walked in and how he had them competing at the top end on a budget ,he also had a pretty decent habit of beating or drawing with teams that were on paper supposed far better ,,  I remember his brum doing a job on us ,,,, that coupled with the fact that he talks a fair amount of sense about the game and has a decent amount of confidence about him leads lots to see a fair amount of potential in him ( that’s opinion though and open to debate) ,, dych at Burnley is not seen as playing particularly nice stuff but again is a respected British manager and rightly so ,,, I honestly think that we actually hamstring British managers because we expect them in the main to show that they can do it at a lower level or with lesser clubs then work their way up ,,, then when they put together teams that do solid jobs but have to do it differently because of finances they get labled as playing poor football and they are regarded as ok on a small budget but wouldn’t / couldn’t cut it at a bigger club with more money and bigger name players to chose from so we always see Johnny sexy foreign name being brought in and given the top jobs in English football no matter how less experienced or suited to the job,,,,

good luck ever producing a decent England manager with that enduring approach and attitude

His record at Birmingham isn't that great though. W42 L32 of 106 games. 

Dyche has a couple of promotions to his name and with 30 games played Burnley are 5 points behind Arsenal. 

There's no comparison. 

We don't hamstring British managers. There are the likes of Lambert, Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes, Hughes etc that continue to get jobs in the top flight. Liverpool when for Hodgson, United for Moyes. 

What top club has given a job to a foreign manager that's less qualified than Hodgson to Liverpool, Moyes to United or Southgate to England or Giggs to Wales? Gary Neville to Valencia!!

It's not just British managers that start at the bottom. 

I'm not saying I don't believe Rowett will ever make it to Dyche levels. I'm saying he's done nothing remarkable. No more than Simon Grayson. 

I'd say the same about Lee Johnson.

Eddie Howe. There's a promising young British manager. Even Dyche could argue his style is a welcome sacrifice for the achievement.

Rowett and Johnson... just like Dean Smith. Just unremarkable. Win a few, lose a few. Meh

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Says who?!

How much do you think ex-Prem players like Jerome, Lawrence et al are on!

Huddlestone, Ledley, Davies, Wisdom... I don't think they'll have seen their wages drop massively over the last couple of contracts surely? 

7 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Promising?....

Took apart a team and replaced it's talents with journeymen when he should have been building on the team.

Our playing style is awful and the results are following on in a similar vein.

As archied states,he is a young manager so he gets slack for that and the fact that he used to play for Derby.

Why is he promising exactly?

Mac was sacked last season when the team went into a decline results wise...why should gr be treated any differently?

52VjAeGgj78GY.gif

Archived