Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He puts a lot of 'energy' into his statements that's the 'fact of the matter'.

Can Curtis do all of the aftermatch (math?) interviews instead?......he's a natural and intelligent speaker.

Not gonna lie. Got a bit of a man-crush on our Curtis. Love his interviews. Love his no nonsense playing style too. 

One of 3 over 30's signings that Rowett has been criticised for this season. 

Turns 33 tomorrow, 7 MOM awards to his name, 3 more than Vydra. 

Highest rated Championship player on whoscored.com for most of the season, lost count how many team of the weeks he has been named in. 

I don't see him winning player of the season, faces tough competition from Carson and Vydra for that award, but for me, he's the signing of the summer, regardless of his age. Doesn't stand out for doing anything spectacular, stands out for doing his job on a consistent basis.

32 minutes ago, David said:

One of 3 over 30's signings that Rowett has been criticised for this season. 

Turns 33 tomorrow, 7 MOM awards to his name, 3 more than Vydra. 

Highest rated Championship player on whoscored.com for most of the season, lost count how many team of the weeks he has been named in. 

I don't see him winning player of the season, faces tough competition from Carson and Vydra for that award, but for me, he's the signing of the summer, regardless of his age. Doesn't stand out for doing anything spectacular, stands out for doing his job on a consistent basis.

Add to that, the effect he has on Keogh. Unsurprisingly, Rich works best with a competent, reliable centre-half partner.

On 13/03/2018 at 08:08, RoyMac5 said:

You can't be a true fan.

We didn't lose against a timid Red Dog team that had no shots on target. But we gave them a fashion lesson, The fact that he is 'one of our own' means he will surely sweep all before him - just believe!

what as in steve we believe ,ha ha 

11 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

One year of Rowett today. 

Jeeze.

I'd just assumed it was seasonal affective disorder.

56 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Been thinking about this, and I reckon Gary Rowett's biggest achievement might well be...

...managing Mel.

You watch the two of them at that latest Fan Forum and think, 'Yeah, he’s pulled the wool over his eyes an’ all.

Fixed :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

xT9KVrLrILT790Q4CY.gif

What do you want, more to the point who do you want? Realistic appointment 

59 minutes ago, archied said:

What do you want, more to the point who do you want? Realistic appointment 

It's tongue in cheek archied....

I'll get roasted for even looking at successors yet!

Should there be a freak yachting accident involving gary,a miniature poodle and a tidal wave at markeaton park which snatches Gary from our grasp,id like anyone who gets us playing in a free flowing style similar to Mac and simmos period please.

Realistically wassell as he knows the club inside out and has will have developed and matured since his last stab at the job or even warburton whose teams i generally enjoy watching.

I like Rowett, the man.   Quite articulate, seems genuinely passionate about the club, doesn't mind winding up Forest (can't be a bad thing) and seems intelligent.  I also think Rowett will have a very good managerial career.  He'll be sought after by struggling clubs.  Get into a team, make them more solid, hard(er) to break down and so on... but it won't be pretty.  That is, if he doesn't change of course.  I really really hope that he can find a way to inject some positivity, flair and a bit of abandon into how we play.  Not fussed about whether its bringing kids through (seems to be the 'stick of the week' from Rowett and Mel haters to beat them with) or just changing a mindset, but for a season where we have - and still are - challenging for promotion, it has been oddly dull for me.  I hate seeing us concede possession, I hate letting other teams pass it around while we keep our shape, I hate not seeing midfielders get beyond the strikers.  I don't mind the odd longer ball, it doesn't have to be tippy-tappy, but I want to see us on the front foot, taking the game to people and playing with tempo.  We do it now and again; we don't do it often enough. 

Obviously, I wouldn't sack him or anything so daft.  He is young, relatively inexperienced and learning his craft.  We could have a real gem... but, for me, only if he can just tweak his mindset a bit and start thinking about the 25,000 who want to see us 'play', not just get a result.  

As a registered happy clapper, thats about as negative as you're gojng to get from me.  I don't want this to be interpreted as mindless GR hating or harking back to the good old days of Mac1... but where I do agree with those that do, is that what I consider to be attritional and pragmatic football only takes you - or a manager - so far.  We need to mix it up.  

I expect many will disagree... fair enough.  Its only a game!  

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's tongue in cheek archied....

I'll get roasted for even looking at successors yet!

Should there be a freak yachting accident involving gary,a miniature poodle and a tidal wave at markeaton park which snatches Gary from our grasp,id like anyone who gets us playing in a free flowing style similar to Mac and simmos period please.

Realistically wassell as he knows the club inside out and has will have developed and matured since his last stab at the job or even warburton whose teams i generally enjoy watching.

My big question at the moment is why lots assume that a young highly regarded manager with potential is totally locked in to one style ,one formation by fans for the rest of his career so they want rid , ( although I don’t totally go along with the rowettball stuff), in his time even up till now I have seen glimpses of some decent stuff played at times , who’s to say rowett is not doing what he feels is right with the players / budget and division we are in at present but can/will evolve ,learn and adjust as we move forward ?

I think it’s fair to say that he will be trying to balance anything he wants to do with the fact that he has to get results too ,, Pearson tried to change things at the cost results and was gone quick smart and as much as people give it the style and entertainment is everything we all know if results are bad the calls for rowetts head would be long and loud and a bit more enticing to mels ears ,

im no rowett fanboy but I feel totally that he is not or ever will be given a fair shake by some.

On 3/13/2018 at 08:05, SKRam said:

Last night Man City fans were, as you’d expect, in fine voice. One chant was ‘We’ve got.  . Guardiola, we’ve got. . .Guardiola , so glad you’re mine’. 

We’ve got Gary Rowett’ fits perfectly, same number of syllables. Practice this for our victory at Wembley :D

Surely we should tweak it to "We've got...Ga-ry Row--ett.. -..in the build-ing...we've got..." etc :mellow:

23 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I like Rowett, the man.   Quite articulate, seems genuinely passionate about the club, doesn't mind winding up Forest (can't be a bad thing) and seems intelligent.  I also think Rowett will have a very good managerial career.  He'll be sought after by struggling clubs.  Get into a team, make them more solid, hard(er) to break down and so on... but it won't be pretty.  That is, if he doesn't change of course.  I really really hope that he can find a way to inject some positivity, flair and a bit of abandon into how we play.  Not fussed about whether its bringing kids through (seems to be the 'stick of the week' from Rowett and Mel haters to beat them with) or just changing a mindset, but for a season where we have - and still are - challenging for promotion, it has been oddly dull for me.  I hate seeing us concede possession, I hate letting other teams pass it around while we keep our shape, I hate not seeing midfielders get beyond the strikers.  I don't mind the odd longer ball, it doesn't have to be tippy-tappy, but I want to see us on the front foot, taking the game to people and playing with tempo.  We do it now and again; we don't do it often enough. 

Obviously, I wouldn't sack him or anything so daft.  He is young, relatively inexperienced and learning his craft.  We could have a real gem... but, for me, only if he can just tweak his mindset a bit and start thinking about the 25,000 who want to see us 'play', not just get a result.  

As a registered happy clapper, thats about as negative as you're gojng to get from me.  I don't want this to be interpreted as mindless GR hating or harking back to the good old days of Mac1... but where I do agree with those that do, is that what I consider to be attritional and pragmatic football only takes you - or a manager - so far.  We need to mix it up.  

I expect many will disagree... fair enough.  Its only a game!  

Ambrosia...in words. 

2 hours ago, archied said:

My big question at the moment is why lots assume that a young highly regarded manager with potential is totally locked in to one style ,one formation by fans for the rest of his career so they want rid , ( although I don’t totally go along with the rowettball stuff), in his time even up till now I have seen glimpses of some decent stuff played at times , who’s to say rowett is not doing what he feels is right with the players / budget and division we are in at present but can/will evolve ,learn and adjust as we move forward ?

I think it’s fair to say that he will be trying to balance anything he wants to do with the fact that he has to get results too ,, Pearson tried to change things at the cost results and was gone quick smart and as much as people give it the style and entertainment is everything we all know if results are bad the calls for rowetts head would be long and loud and a bit more enticing to mels ears ,

im no rowett fanboy but I feel totally that he is not or ever will be given a fair shake by some.

I think we have seen little evidence of a real change in tactics from Gary...it's essentially the same format each week with alterations of staff...

This is the way he organised his team's at Birmingham and Burton so I can't see why he's going to change it anything soon....that's the way Gary likes to play.

If football improved and we played better,I'd be onboard the rowett fun bus but not just because he used to play for us and and gets wound up at forest matches.

On 3/13/2018 at 03:23, sunnyhill60 said:

So, according to the majority of contributors to this thread, Rowett evades any responsibility for us failing (again) to take 3 points from an eminently winnable fixture.

Why?  Because he is "passionate" and behaves like a fan as opposed to a manager.

Had he not been so timid in his starting 11, all 3 points were there for the taking. 

I have to say this thread is pretty amusing. One week ago alf of the forum was baying for blood, but he has some stupid digs at Forest and all of sudden its like he's the messiah :lol:

I thought his antics were amusing, but clearly a man feeling the pressure

41 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I have to say this thread is pretty amusing. One week ago alf of the forum was baying for blood, but he has some stupid digs at Forest and all of sudden its like he's the messiah :lol:

I thought his antics were amusing, but clearly a man feeling the pressure

Always pressure when you’re a manager of a big club, not that you would know :whistle:

Archived