Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Gary has, for the large part, managed to move on many players that most would have referred to as “deadwood”.

You could also argue that Rowett has moved on too many players then he should have done including the deadwood leaving us with the alleged 10 fit players for the Cardiff game had it gone ahead.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where indeed. Thing is for lots of us there was lots of joy in previous seasons - maybe afterall it isn't just about the destination it's how you get there? If all I wanted was to watch successful, pretty football then I could be a Barca fan, but I'm a Derby fan. It's in my blood. It matters. :thumbsup:

For me it's nothing to do with winning the argument, it's the concern about where another season is going (I ain't getting any younger!). If someone posts an excellent riposte to lots of the negative feelings that are around Derby at the minute then I'll listen, trouble is it all seems to be based on one premise: Rowett is an up and coming bright young thing give him time. I'm wanting to see what the premise is based on.

Anyway, the good news is while we're winning there's less negativity. Oh but we're not... :ph34r: :lol:

Try looking for the good Roy and less so the bad. Much more enjoyable being a fan than a critic. Nothing personal but you aren't half going on a bit. (Not age wise, although you might be) :p

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its all a bit discouraging coming on here these days. Always has been to an extent I suppose. I'm sure most come on here initially to share tittle tattle and views on "our" team but in reality it just seems to degenerate into a battle to defend DCFC from sniping you normally expect from opposing supporters and detractors. 

Some will say "I am allowed to express how I feel" and that's true but I'm sure most balanced supporters can see that we are not a complete team without being constantly reminded of it. Personally I try to always try to look for the good. What's the point otherwise.? Where is the joy? 

I strongly feel this relentless criticism by some, and that's what it is, relentless, is more to do with ego and winning the argument than anything else.

Have to say I find this quite hard to read as I take it personally, rightly or wrongly, when you put 9 years into a site and see regulars that no longer enjoy visiting the forum, I/we are failing and must improve.

There has been times we have been accused of filtering views, being pro Derby and not allowing negative comments towards the club which is utterly false. Comments that have been removed will have been either a) Libellous/slanderous or b) Personal insults/profanity towards other members/club officials. We will never stop removing these comments and if we lose members for it, so be it, I really don't care to be truthfully honest.

We must however and do accept all views from the fanbase, a forum would not be a forum if we were all in agreement. At times things will get heated, that's natural, it's a game full of emotion.

Some people are naturally pessimistic is life, you/we have to expect to read views from those where the glass is perhaps half empty but this season in particular as you say has degenerated into a battle to defend the club, it's removed all balance. In this very thread no credit can be given to Rowett for improving Vydra by playing him in his correct position, maybe credit shouldn't be given as this is basic management right? Square pegs, square holes. 

Rowett has also been hammered for not playing Martin and Vydra together, absolutely hammered for it, remind me how McClaren got the best out of the pair in the same team. He didn't. Vydra was shoved out wide to fit a formation that McClaren would not venture away from, which isn't that an issue with Rowett as well? 

It's spawned the categorising of fans, McClarenites, Rowett Fanboys, takes me back to school where that area of the playground is ours and that's yours which is kind of sad when you think about it. 

Flaws. McClaren had them, Rowett has them, any manager that walks through the doors at Pride Park will have them, neither one was/is a messiah.

Maybe if we had a bit of balance, was more fair, fans wouldn't appear to be happy clappers or negative nelly's, whatever category we're assigned into.

I loved McClaren's time here, second only to Jim Smith, but I've found myself on the defending side of Rowett because you know what, he's not that bad of a manager, take a look at the table. 

There is no opportunity to highlight what I see as his flaws, I like many others have been sucked into this battle to defend the club from what appear to be attacks you would expect to see from a Forest fan.

I can't inject balance into posts, nor is it my place to, would be nice to see it come naturally.

Comparisons will always be made, Nigel Clough is still talked about, McClaren will be for years to come but let's have some balance when doing so?

Actually quite a lot to be positive about right now with the club, I can bring some Grimsby Town fans on, heading out the Football League again, was a day they were competing in the same league as Derby. Don't realise how lucky we are at times! Oh how they would bite my arm off to be 9 games away from a Play Off place with possible promotion to the Premier League. They wouldn't just be signing when they were fishing then.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its all a bit discouraging coming on here these days. Always has been to an extent I suppose. I'm sure most come on here initially to share tittle tattle and views on "our" team but in reality it just seems to degenerate into a battle to defend DCFC from sniping you normally expect from opposing supporters and detractors. 

Some will say "I am allowed to express how I feel" and that's true but I'm sure most balanced supporters can see that we are not a complete team without being constantly reminded of it. Personally I try to always try to look for the good. What's the point otherwise.? Where is the joy? 

I strongly feel this relentless criticism by some, and that's what it is, relentless, is more to do with ego and winning the argument than anything else.

The "ignore" feature is your friend :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

8 minutes ago, David said:

Have to say I find this quite hard to read as I take it personally, rightly or wrongly, when you put 9 years into a site and see regulars that no longer enjoy visiting the forum, I/we are failing and must improve.

I like many others have been sucked into this battle to defend the club from what appear to be attacks you would expect to see from a Forest fan.

This is what gets to me and why I don't post that much in Rams Talk.

Occasionally I'll bite and counter argue/refute some of the "relentless attacks" with others but then it's so depressing to see the same comments from the same individuals come up time and time again - even if sometimes they are proved to be misguided or plain wrong.

I do not want to be constantly defending DCFC. I am a realist and not blind to past/current failures at the club and opinions are fine of course but when it's just constant vitriol aimed at individuals and the club, it very quickly turns me off posting at all.

You are not failing, @David. I just don't know what the answer is.

37 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Try looking for the good Roy and less so the bad. Much more enjoyable being a fan than a critic. Nothing personal but you aren't half going on a bit. (Not age wise, although you might be) :p

Scarlet don't waste your time mate I thinkj Roy just enjoys being negative He can keep saying Derby are in his blood and I've no reason to doubt him But surely have to support the players and manager who are here at the moment or until the club changes them We would all like to pick the players and manager even the style of football we play But football don't work like that I'm afraid 

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

This is what gets to me and why I don't post that much in Rams Talk.

Occasionally I'll bite and counter argue/refute some of the "relentless attacks" with others but then it's so depressing to see the same comments from the same individuals come up time and time again - even if sometimes they are proved to be misguided or plain wrong.

I do not want to be constantly defending DCFC. I am a realist and not blind to past/current failures at the club and opinions are fine of course but when it's just constant vitriol aimed at individuals and the club, it very quickly turns me off posting at all.

You are not failing, @David. I just don't know what the answer is.

Same. :unsure:

I don't really want to add folks to ignore either - I don't want to be completely devoid of exposure to the opinions of others, but there's so much repetition and dismissal that I just rarely bother reading the site any more. Last night/this morning is the first time I've been on in a few weeks.

And as Wolfie says above, it's not on you @David although I know you'll still take it to heart. The site is exceptional, and the community we have here within the fanbase as a whole is equally exceptional - I just get worn down by a lot of the topics, personally.

1 hour ago, David said:

Rowett has also been hammered for not playing Martin and Vydra together, absolutely hammered for it, remind me how McClaren got the best out of the pair in the same team. He didn't. 

Don't think they were both at the club at the same time. Typical Rowett fanboy response tbh. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

Hey mods, can we have a yawn emotion in the like list please? I'd like to use every time a wrist slasher posts. Thank you!

I like to use this:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I like to use this:

giphy.gif

That's good, but I can't be assed making the effort. I use the cry emotion at the moment, which has really wound-up Kash, who now cries on everyone of my comments :lol:

2 hours ago, David said:

There has been times we have been accused of filtering views, being pro Derby and not allowing negative comments towards the club which is utterly false. Comments that have been removed will have been either a) Libellous/slanderous or b) Personal insults/profanity towards other members/club officials. We will never stop removing these comments and if we lose members for it, so be it, I really don't care to be truthfully honest.

We must however and do accept all views from the fanbase, a forum would not be a forum if we were all in agreement. At times things will get heated, that's natural, it's a game full of emotion.

Some people are naturally pessimistic is life, you/we have to expect to read views from those where the glass is perhaps half empty but this season in particular as you say has degenerated into a battle to defend the club, it's removed all balance. In this very thread no credit can be given to Rowett for improving Vydra by playing him in his correct position, maybe credit shouldn't be given as this is basic management right? Square pegs, square holes. 

Rowett has also been hammered for not playing Martin and Vydra together, absolutely hammered for it, remind me how McClaren got the best out of the pair in the same team. He didn't. Vydra was shoved out wide to fit a formation that McClaren would not venture away from, which isn't that an issue with Rowett as well? 

It's spawned the categorising of fans, McClarenites, Rowett Fanboys, takes me back to school where that area of the playground is ours and that's yours which is kind of sad when you think about it. 

Flaws. McClaren had them, Rowett has them, any manager that walks through the doors at Pride Park will have them, neither one was/is a messiah.

Maybe if we had a bit of balance, was more fair, fans wouldn't appear to be happy clappers or negative nelly's, whatever category we're assigned into.

I loved McClaren's time here, second only to Jim Smith, but I've found myself on the defending side of Rowett because you know what, he's not that bad of a manager, take a look at the table. 

There is no opportunity to highlight what I see as his flaws, I like many others have been sucked into this battle to defend the club from what appear to be attacks you would expect to see from a Forest fan.

I can't inject balance into posts, nor is it my place to, would be nice to see it come naturally.

Comparisons will always be made, Nigel Clough is still talked about, McClaren will be for years to come but let's have some balance when doing so?

Actually quite a lot to be positive about right now with the club, I can bring some Grimsby Town fans on, heading out the Football League again, was a day they were competing in the same league as Derby. Don't realise how lucky we are at times! Oh how they would bite my arm off to be 9 games away from a Play Off place with possible promotion to the Premier League. They wouldn't just be signing when they were fishing then.

So let me get this right..

I go to every match I can,I cheer the team on and off the pitch,even when we lose(or draw!),I pay my rams TV subscription,I buy the new and old replica kit,I support and am grateful for Mel Morris's input and spending on the club....I don't run down the players who try their best day in and day out even if some of them aren't my first choice and I love what Derby are doing with the ground and facilities.....

But because I state on here that i don't agree with the managers choices and more especially with the 'style' of football we play,I'm not a supporter and not welcome to comment on here because it upsets some fans with an alternate view?

I see.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So let me get this right..

I go to every match I can,I cheer the team on and off the pitch,even when we lose(or draw!),I pay my rams TV subscription,I buy the new and old replica kit,I support and am grateful for Mel Morris's input and spending on the club....I don't run down the players who try their best day in and day out even if some of them aren't my first choice and I love what Derby are doing with the ground and facilities.....

But because I state on here that i don't agree with the managers choices and more especially with the 'style' of football we play,I'm not a supporter and not welcome to comment on here because it upsets some fans with an alternate view?

I see.

As you quoted my full post can you highlight the line where I say you are not welcome to comment on this forum?

Just now, David said:

As you quoted my full post can you highlight the line which I say you are not welcome to comment on this forum?

That wasn't specifically at you David,it's what I perceive to be the general feeling to be from some posters.

Surely the balance on a forum comes from fans having alternate views that balance themselves out?... certainly myself and archied have had many discussions on the subject and both taken something out of the others views that we both can agree on.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That wasn't specifically at you David,it's what I perceive to be the general feeling to be from some posters.

Surely the balance on a forum comes from fans having alternate views that balance themselves out?... certainly myself and archied have had many discussions on the subject and both taken something out of the others views that we both can agree on.

Not sure why you quoted me then to be honest with your post, I've not seen anyone else say other members are not welcome either.

In fact they are choosing to stay away from the forum rather than challenge the views, doesn't make great reading for myself when I see that, but as I say, we have to welcome all opinions. 

I just think personally they could be more balanced/fair which would promote better and more healthy discussions than the daily McClaren v Rowett contest across multiple threads.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I see.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Or maybe it didn't make kash feel that way.

Maybe it didn't.

5 minutes ago, David said:

I just think personally they could be more balanced/fair which would promote better and more healthy discussions than the daily McClaren v Rowett contest across multiple threads.

However that is THE crux of the matter isn't it. 'Mac-style' football and players vs 'Rowett-style' football and pensioners... :lol:

Archived