We won't finish in the top 2

Sexydadbod

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Norman said:

Don't bother biting. They haven't read your post. Too busy being defensive on their mission for cheap internet points.

I think you made some very valid points.

Experimenting for me would include playing only one CDM at home. We draw too many at home. It isnt the draws away from home that has cost us so far.

I’d like to see us experiment using 3 at the back at one point, if anything to help against teams who use that formation against us because our results have been poor against them. Anya and Olsson as wing backs, Wisdom, Keogh and Davies as the back 3. Huddlestone, Ledley and Palmer in a 3 Man midfield then Vydra/Lawrence playing alongside Nugent/Jerome up front. 

Don't worry folks.

We will finish comfortably in the top 2.

February games have come and gone and we are stil in touching distance. We will win every game from now til the end of the season and finish second with a game to spare so we can all enjoy the last game with no pressure and laugh at forest as they descend to league one.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I’d like to see us experiment using 3 at the back at one point, if anything to help against teams who use that formation against us because our results have been poor against them. Anya and Olsson as wing backs, Wisdom, Keogh and Davies as the back 3. Huddlestone, Ledley and Palmer in a 3 Man midfield then Vydra/Lawrence playing alongside Nugent/Jerome up front. 

I think Wisdom would be a beast at this level at CB. 

Wing back is Anya's best position, too. We have players to switch to that.

But i would love for us to go to 1 CDM at home. I feel like we would have run all over Leeds first half if so. 

And when we do have to push for a goal, the CDMs push up and are too slow for a counter over the top. The gaps begin to get too big in our own half.

Rowett probably knows best, though :lol:.

But resting key players like Vydra and making sure we don't rush him back too soon could be key now.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Biggest issue for me is the lack of a top striker. We need them to either score the big chunk of goals to get us up or be a key part of our play. We can't have game after game of the striker barely touching the ball, especially if he doesn't contribute many goals either

It's good that Vydra has scored so many goals from his deeper position, but a top quality striker would have made the difference and probably turned a number draws into wins. I don't think we will get promoted until that player is identified and brought to the club. 

13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Don't worry folks.

February games have come and gone and we are stil in touching distance. We will win every game from now til the end of the season and finish second with a game to spare so we can all enjoy the last game with no pressure and laugh at forest as they descend to league one.

10A6blkouKBX8I.gif

2 minutes ago, europia said:

It's good that Vydra has scored so many goals from his deeper position, but a top quality striker would have made the difference and probably turned a number draws into wins. I don't think we will get promoted until that player is identified and brought to the club. 

Shame we never got to see Martin and Vydra - but that would have taken another style of game, not Rowetts - one way or the highway - way!

I do think that we've become a bit predictable and a different formation might be a good idea....

The problem is we never change it so its no different to when Mac only had his beloved 433

It would be a bold move to change to 352 and not sure we have the players to carry it out unfortunately as in my reckoning probably means Anya would have to play and we'd be expecting Lawrence to backtrack/cover more which might affect his assists/goal threat

I do agree one cdm is plenty at home and 2 away , its such a shame we didn't get Lookman or someone like him in as i really think he'd have made a difference.

Would be interesting to see both Vydra and Palmer as 2 attacking CAMs behind Jerome or Nugent but again don't know if that would be possible.

On a positive note though we are right in the mix for promotion regardless of our recent results and i for one would've been pleased to be in the top 6 with 12 games to go if i was given the choice at the start of the season ...it is  still up for grabs.

A few clever tweaks here and there could be all we need and i still say we can beat Fulham next week and take the momentum into the next game and so on 

18 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmmm a top class number 9 that scores goals at this level...? Now where could we get one of those from....? Maybe Reading have one on loan from somewhere....??

11 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Don't worry folks.

3 2 1 your back in the room.

I think it was more the inconsistency of those around us that kept us in second, we have only won 2 in 2018 and baring the Wed match we were consistent at not getting beat. But we aren't going to draw our way into the automatic places, and we dropped as other teams started winning. I think the position flattered us for a while.

I like the look of Palmer and Jerome, but think we had a pretty quiet window. So I'm hanging in for the playoffs whatever that brings, I just hope we go in with some momentum. I would have taken the playoffs at the start of the season, so I'm not going to get all mardy now. I hope we sort our form out quickly, providing I see effort I'll be there shouting my head off.

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Hmmm a top class number 9 that scores goals at this level...? Now where could we get one of those from....? Maybe Reading have one on loan from somewhere....??

I was thinking more along the lines Fulham's signing of Mitrovic. A good, young, energetic player, able to make a difference at this level. 

Archived