We won't finish in the top 2

Sexydadbod

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players just aren't hungry enough , don't want it enough, seem unable to concentrate their efforts and keep their dicipline for the 90+minutes each game that is needed if we are to achieve the playoffs even.      Its game management and clinical finishing that goes missing. Their brains go to mush at vital moments....   And other teams now know how to let us all push forward then hit us on the break!!

Just devils advocate but...

are Cardiff on their way now?

Does this mean we can relax and cconcentrate on the play offs? We should qualify no matter what has happened in Feb. We regroup, return to doing what we do well and hit the play offs with positivity from players AND us fans. So when we hit that 1st leg, the vibes are good, the fans sing loudly even if we go 1 down or lose the first leg. And then we steam the 2nd leg and get to Wembley. Then it's anyone's, as we we'll know!!

Realistically, we should fear no-one in the play offs. We have the skill, the experience, the personnel and the fan power / influence to really make it happen. But only if ALL pull in the same direction. No point putting in a shift, a player makes a mistake (yes, mistakes happen) and then fans throw a shower of ***** at him. That'll make him feel 10 foot tall eh. 

See you at Wembley folks!!

Also, why can't we run out to 'this is the one'? Prefect build up and we can all join in.

Cardiff will take some stopping now - confidence must be sky-high. Shades of Burnley and Barton post Boxing Day 2015/16.

I see the Rams in the play-offs again with Villa, Fulham and Middlesbrough.

Can't stand Boro because of Karanka's antics, don't need another London club in PL, so I'd  like to see a Rams v Villa final.

Third time lucky after 2014 & 2016?

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

I've said this for a while that our form earlier on in the season was not sustainable. People will say that there are many games left but we simply aren't good enough to get promoted automatically as there are too many flaws in the team. I think that us as fans, the players and the manager should be preparing mentally for the play offs.

Do I see this as a bad thing? Not necessarily. I think it's better for us to slowly accept that we will not finish in the top 2 now so we can experiment with players and the formation to help us to be in the best shape mentally and physically for the play offs and so none of us feel as upset when we experience games like today. For me, it's all about getting the players into the best form as possible for the play offs. This worked effectively for Huddersfield last season as they could rest players in the league campaign knowing that they would not finish top 2 and guess what, they got promoted via the play offs. 

This may seem pessimistic but I think a sense of realism is needed in this moment. I'd rather us get used to the fact that we are destined for the play offs than losing out on automatic promotion on the final day like Brighton did a few years ago which killed them for the play offs.

Emulate Huddersfield from last season? Yes, must be time to start practising penalties in training this week:)

18 hours ago, Parsnip said:

We're gonna have to put Vydra up there and leave Kasey at #10. Could be magical.

Why not the other way around bud? Vyds seems to be prospering at 10 and Palmer looks like he could play anywhere across the front 5 to me.

16 hours ago, Norman said:

Experimenting for me would include playing only one CDM at home. We draw too many at home. It isnt the draws away from home that has cost us so far.

What would the midfield look like then Norman? Genuine question. I'm not massively convinced we have too many viable options right now but I think you're probably right when you say we need to show more ambition in home games.

16 hours ago, Doodle said:

I do. 10 points and 120 million makes you a far better club. As long as you don’t spunk the 120 million away trying to stay up in January 

Please no!  Just noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is out of hands now for whatever reason, too many draws being one.  I feel now is the time to string a few wins together and to take some good form into the playoffs. 

If we come up short this time I believe this seasons experiences can be built upon, and we we will be much better prepared to have a right go next season. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Why not the other way around bud? Vyds seems to be prospering at 10 and Palmer looks like he could play anywhere across the front 5 to me.

Sounds like a dream come true. If it works then it looks like the most exciting strike partnership in the league.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

What would the midfield look like then Norman?

Something like this?

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth

Huddlestone

Lawrence   Palmer   Wiemann

Vydra   Nugent

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Something like this?

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth

Huddlestone

Lawrence   Palmer   Wiemann

Vydra   Nugent

Swap Huddlestone for Ledley and i'd play that team at home.

Rowett has it spot on away. No complaints there.

47 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Got to be worth a try :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Norman said:

Swap Huddlestone for Ledley and i'd play that team at home.

Rowett has it spot on away. No complaints there.

I reckon with that line up we could turn these 2-2's and 3-3's into 4-4's!

4 hours ago, Grantona said:

Cardiff will take some stopping now - confidence must be sky-high. Shades of Burnley and Barton post Boxing Day 2015/16.

I see the Rams in the play-offs again with Villa, Fulham and Middlesbrough.

Can't stand Boro because of Karanka's antics, don't need another London club in PL, so I'd  like to see a Rams v Villa final.

Third time lucky after 2014 & 2016?

Cardiff won't finish second, have you not seen their April fixtures. 2nd place is still up for grabs and its possible for Villa, Derby, Fulham and even M'boro. Cardiff have peaked too soon and will fall away from 2nd spot like they did at the end of the year. Don't know who will get 2nd spot but it all depends on who can put a run together now and until the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff won't finish second, have you not seen their April fixtures. 2nd place is still up for grabs and its possible for Villa, Derby, Fulham and even M'boro. Cardiff have peaked too soon and will fall away from 2nd spot like they did at the end of the year. Don't know who will get 2nd spot but it all depends on who can put a run together now and until the end of the season.

M'boro? They're 15 points adrift of second. That would be an almighty achievement.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

It isn’t possible for Boro to make second, they are 15 points behind and for them to get 2nd it means they have to win 5 games more than all the teams above them..! 

Second is gone now for everyone except Cardiff and Villa...the play offs are going to be awesome..!!! 

Archived