We won't finish in the top 2

Sexydadbod

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It isn’t possible for Boro to make second, they are 15 points behind and for them to get 2nd it means they have to win 5 games more than all the teams above them..! 

Second is gone now for everyone except Cardiff and Villa...the play offs are going to be awesome..!!! 

Boro, I admit is a long shot. I only included them because of their strong squad. Cardiff have just made up 7 points on Wolves in 3 matches, so even though its a tall order its not impossible. Cardiff have away games at Brentford, Derby, Sheff Utd, Villa and Norwich plus a home match with Wolves and all their other remaining fixtures are against teams that could face the drop. So them struggling teams will fight for their championship status. There is still 36 points to play for, but if I was to gamble at the bookies at this stage, I would bet on Villa to take 2nd spot. Key matches for them are the 3 home games against Cardiff, Wolves and Derby.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes we will 

Just have faith and plus wovles drop points amd so will villa and cardiff

I love your ambition B4, but I think it's about time to give up hope on catching Wolves. They've still got to play Reading, Burton, Hull, Birmingham, Sheff Wed at home and Sunderland away. 12 games left, with those 6 games included and we need to somehow make up 13 points which would probably include us having to beat Wolves away. It's not happening :(

22 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It isn’t possible for Boro to make second, they are 15 points behind and for them to get 2nd it means they have to win 5 games more than all the teams above them..! 

Second is gone now for everyone except Cardiff and Villa...the play offs are going to be awesome..!!! 

Not strictly true, they only need to win 5 games more than Cardiff not everyone but, still incredibly unlikely. 

I agree with those saying Cardiff will falter. They have the worst run in by far and personally I think they will miss out on top 2. I’m quite pleased they’re the ones 7 points clear and not Villa who could’ve been!! 

3 points to Villa, game on! But we’ve got to start winning. Another 2-3 games without a win and it will definitely be over for top 2 and we’ll be focusing on staying ahead of 7th!

1 hour ago, EssendonRam said:

May I assume that you don’t accept that we may’ve had FFP reasons for loaning out Martin, @RoyMac5?

Of course we didn't. Else why wouldn't Rowett have played them together before Jan. All the FFP talk is just a smokescreen for an ordinary (at best) Jan window and the current hiccup.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course we didn't. Else why wouldn't Rowett have played them together before Jan. All the FFP talk is just a smokescreen for an ordinary (at best) Jan window and the current hiccup.

A  smokescreen to hide what? 

Archived