Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

It did seem like Carson watching the cross waiting for it to be cleared by the defense. He seemed surprise it had reached Lassoga. You're right, he should have just claimed it. 

The CBs would have been running towards their own and stooping too. He will be furious with himself. I think the winger sliced it a little which may have deceived him.

Yeah should be way ahead but as we’re in our wobble period I’m not convinced. Decent build up play but got to be more clinincal. They are there for the taking after that half but that means naff all in this league. Hang on to your hats Rams fans for second half 

Seem to be getting some good balls in the box and not finishing ,their keeper doesnt look great need to start upping the tempo early on and get an early goal. Scum will be delighted with the point so need to press on and start winning more of these 50/50 balls.COYR.

Clearances            Clearcut changes/result

Derby            1                              1

Leeds             24                            1

Tells all about the game so far.

I know it's 1-1, but Leeds' defence really is awful. Berardi, Cooper and De Bock all made more mistakes this half than I think Keogh and Davies have all season. Their keeper looks very shaky too. We keep putting the pressure on and I really think we'll find a breakthrough. I'm getting a different feeling watching us attack today than I have in the recent few games, we look dangerous and capable of scoring almost every time we go forward and that's largely due to Leeds' backline, previously I just haven't seen how we would get through the solid defences we've faced.

Weimann and Lawrence have had decent games because they have poor full-backs to attack, Jansson, their only decent defender, has already bailed them out a few times so far. Vydra has had loads of space in his usual area and the player picking him up, Vieira, is already on a booking for dragging him down as he broke. With that in mind, Vieira is either going to have to be really careful or he'll get sent off.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly this. Apart from switching off for their breakaway goal we've been immense. Thirteen attempts in the first half shows our domination. Five corners to nil.

Getting the goal with the last kick of the first half was rickly deserved and hopefully changes everything. Keep going like this and we have to win. Chris Powell just said "Derby should be streets ahead".

In vino veritas mr Sagan Sir

Just now, Parsnip said:

Leeds are very lucky to be in this. If they've got any sense they'll come out in the second half with 10 men behind the ball and try to force a draw.

With their defending, it looks like they were trying for the draw at 1-0 up too.

Archived