Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

Hello from a Norwich City fan! We had a set back today with the news that Tom Trybull is out for the rest of the season having signed a new contract last week before scoring the winner against Boro.

As already mentioned in this thread, the new German signings are starting to gel in the team along with key man James Maddison; with a strong defence and capability to counter it's going to be a close game.

I've compiled a look back at some key games between Derby and Norwich, along with looking into the role of Wembley hero Cameron Jerome - feel free to have a quick look :) https://cityofyellows.com/norwich-blog/derby-county-v-norwich-city-preview

Good luck for the game and the rest of the season

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CityOfYellows said:

Hello from a Norwich City fan! We had a set back today with the news that Tom Trybull is out for the rest of the season having signed a new contract last week before scoring the winner against Boro.

As already mentioned in this thread, the new German signings are starting to gel in the team along with key man James Maddison; with a strong defence and capability to counter it's going to be a close game.

I've compiled a look back at some key games between Derby and Norwich, along with looking into the role of Wembley hero Cameron Jerome - feel free to have a quick look :) https://cityofyellows.com/norwich-blog/derby-county-v-norwich-city-preview

Good luck for the game and the rest of the season

Good stuff. Best of luck after Saturday.

ps - it's Derby, Derby County, The Rams, SuperRams but not 'County' :)

pps - but please feel free to refer to notts forest as notts. They love it.

8 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Good stuff. Best of luck after Saturday.

ps - it's Derby, Derby County, The Rams, SuperRams but not 'County' :)

pps - but please feel free to refer to notts forest as notts. They love it.

Updated that now - cheers!

Haha, will keep that in mind for when we play them next month

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Be useful to have him on the bench, can come on to cover midfield if needed or left wing to bully them a bit.

Id keep anya in because he earned it as best he could after coming back, and probably Lawrence as well, although some would drop him. CamJam over Nuge for me.

The other one to think about is Ledley for Thorne.

I was going to hit the like button until you said Ledley for Thorne. Sorry mate, but Thorne has to stay in the team until his next long term injury. While fit (able ton jog) and playing he'll only get better. Hopefully peaking for the last 10 games.

18 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I was going to hit the like button until you said Ledley for Thorne. Sorry mate, but Thorne has to stay in the team until his next long term injury. While fit (able ton jog) and playing he'll only get better. Hopefully peaking for the last 10 games.

I wouldn't drop Thorne either, but I'm sure it's something Rowett is thinking about. To be honest, the teams playing well and won the last match 3 nil, so it's not like a big shake up of the team is needed.

46 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

:ermm:

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I wouldn't drop Thorne either, but I'm sure it's something Rowett is thinking about. To be honest, the teams playing well and won the last match 3 nil, so it's not like a big shake up of the team is needed.

The last game was against a poor team with 10 men. We could afford passengers then. I think this is one of our hardest remaining fixtures. Everyone needs to be fully on it. So Ledley for Thorne is a must in my opinion. He’s been terrible for the last 3 games and deserves dropping. We know whichever striker starts, he can’t last the 90 mins, so that’s one sub we will need to make. We can’t afford Thorne to run out of energy after 60 mins again I’m afraid 

Really looking forward to this. Think he'll stick with Jerome to keep him fired up, not sure what he is going to do on the flanks. But guessing he'll stick with Lawrence ... He'll play Anya and Ollson if he thinks Ollsen can cope against what he might face from Norwich. Then it's Ledley or Thorne. .. Bet he starts with George. Everyone else picks themselves I think. 

hoping subs, if needed, will get a decent 15-20 - Nuge, Palmer and Ledley .. To either shut the game down or kill them off 

COYR

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Ledley has played better than Thorne this season. 

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Unless one of the top teams implements HRW. In which case the top 2 teams will break away and the rest will fight for playoffs.

Well i didnt mention Wolves in my post, because I believe they are the only team capable of this acroynm of yours.

No one else is gonna blow the rest away in the next 16 games.

Also Wolves' lead mostly comes from being consistant for longer, they hit form as soon as the season began.

Then Villa, then derby, all be it villa had a 5 game winless run in december which allowed derby to overtake. Fulham too have similar form to wolves, ourselves, and villa over the last 15 games, they just took even longer to get their season started than the rest, so have always been playing catchup.

5 hours ago, jono said:

Really looking forward to this. Think he'll stick with Jerome to keep him fired up, not sure what he is going to do on the flanks. But guessing he'll stick with Lawrence ... He'll play Anya and Ollson if he thinks Ollsen can cope against what he might face from Norwich. Then it's Ledley or Thorne. .. Bet he starts with George. Everyone else picks themselves I think. 

hoping subs, if needed, will get a decent 15-20 - Nuge, Palmer and Ledley .. To either shut the game down or kill them off 

COYR

I think Thorne could do with with a game or two on the bench. Love the guy, but he hadn't played for over a year before he came back, players who have such long spells out often hit a wall after a spell of games. A week or so on the bench could do him good!

It's great to have three quality players for that role. Hudds has rediscovered his form but it could be his turn for a breather soon as well.

Archived