Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

@CityOfYellows Bradley Johnson's been out with a cracked vertebra (still tried to play on with it, he's no wimp!) but has trained, so may be involved off the bench today. I know Norwich fans loved him for his heart.

He's been a bit mixed at Derby, was not suited to Clement's sideways possession team, had some good games in defensive midfield under mac2, but some bad ones as well. Rowett's used him next to Huddlestone at times but he doesn't suit it. However, he's most effective for Rowett's team on the left midfield as an attacker, which is where he might come on today.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a hard league, very few easy games and this one definitely comes into The really hard category. Norwich are a good side with good players and are on a good run.  They also like counterattacking so will sit a little deeper. I dont expect this one to be an exciting one, we will need to be patient and wait for our chances and then take them.  COYR

Speaking with a Norwich fan last evening, he said they will set up very similar to ourselves. They hardly let goals in away so I’m expecting a cagey 0-0 going into the last 15 mins.  have a feeling if we are going to pinch all 3 points Kasey Palmer as a late introduction from the bench might just be the spark we need. Would happily take 4 points from the next 2 games though 

At home, team in mid-table is a game we should absolutely be winning if we're serious about promotion.  They have obviously picked up form with some cracking results recently, but we've really got to take the game to them today with high energy and ambition to win it. 

1 minute ago, robglosta said:

At home, team in mid-table is a game we should absolutely be winning if we're serious about promotion.  They have obviously picked up form with some cracking results recently, but we've really got to take the game to them today with high energy and ambition to win it. 

They are above us in the current form table.

Wont be easy, and if we draw or even lose (we are going to lose at some point), i think we pick ourselves up and go again.

33 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Spot on ! I have no doubt this will be a very tricky game against a side with a bit of form and a disciplined defence but that doesn't mean, as the home team with promo ambitions, that we shouldn't be aiming to win this.  If we can't think positively about a home game then something isn't right. ... I think the GR and the team will be aiming to do what you suggest !

Huge weekend this. Any results possible for us or Villa.

A win today would be massive with Villa then under pressure against their in-form local rivals.

Losing today is more possible than usual, so I wouldn't be to unhappy with a draw, with a decent chance of Villa drawing tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm fairly sure Villa and Cardiff aren't that good and Fulham could provide the biggest challenge.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think we’re in trouble today myself, Norwich are in excellent form and they play three at the back- a formation we’ve notoriously struggled with. Don’t like to be negative before a game and I hope rowetts figured out how to beat it, but I don’t hold up too much hope initially.

In the past the way to beat 3-5-2 has been to press the wing backs and play balls in behind them.

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

In the past the way to beat 3-5-2 has been to press the wing backs and play balls in behind them.

1 v 3 doesn't work up front. 

Need to get a second striker.

Jerome and Winna....

oh ********.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

1 v 3 doesn't work up front. 

Need to get a second striker.

Jerome and Winna....

oh ********.

If we press we'll have more than 1 up front, plus if we've got in behind the wing back a central defender will have been pulled over!

1 minute ago, KCG said:

If we press we'll have more than 1 up front, plus if we've got in behind the wing back a central defender will have been pulled over!

Hasn't worked so far. 

Archived