Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

So you're not embarrassed by maddison's dive then? 

I feel that your frustration would be more valid if Derby deserved a win, or even a draw, and in terms of the referee... if he gifted us that goal then it was only giving us back the one that he took away. Were you having a wee when the ball went into the back of the net, only to be placed on the penalty spot then? 

And you didn't watch the earlier fixture between us then, when you won 2-1 at Carrow Road and we had a clear cut penalty turned down when Carson slid in on Murphy when he was through on goal? 

Murphy probably should have had another one today too.

Just think its a bit silly when people whine incessantly about refereeing decisions... when every team is in the same boat and for most it averages out over the course of the season. 

I tell you what I'll do you a deal.... give us back the 2 points you gained from that Murphy decision at Carrow Road, then we'll cancel the Maddison goal yesterday, but only if the earlier penalty stands as a goal instead of a penalty. 

You'll lose 2 points.... but as long as you don't have to keep moaning about Maddison that's okay right? :blink:

Clearly we were both victims of a bad decision yesterday. If neither had happened it would still have been 1-1, and if you give us the Murphy penalty too (I think that was a penalty) then that's 3 points to us... if that's what we do now, work out the score after every game based on refereeing decisions. 

I prefer to just to look at the balance of play, and we probably deserved the win yesterday. We've only taken 1 point out of 6 from you this season, sorry if you feel that we didn't deserve that 1.... I'd argue that we probably deserved 4. But a game of opinions and all that. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I feel that your frustration would be more valid if Derby deserved a win, or even a draw, and in terms of the referee... if he gifted us that goal then it was only giving us back the one that he took away. Were you having a wee when the ball went into the back of the net, only to be placed on the penalty spot then? 

And you didn't watch the earlier fixture between us then, when you won 2-1 at Carrow Road and we had a clear cut penalty turned down when Carson slid in on Murphy when he was through on goal? 

Just think its a bit silly when people whine incessantly about refereeing decisions... when every team is in the same boat and for most it averages out over the course of the season. 

I tell you what I'll do you a deal.... give us back the 2 points you gained from that Murphy decision at Carrow Road, then we'll cancel the Maddison goal yesterday, but only if the earlier penalty stands as a goal instead of a penalty. 

You'll lose 2 points.... but as long as you don't have to keep moaning about Maddison that's okay right? :blink:

Clearly we were both victims of a bad decision yesterday. If neither had happened it would still have been 1-1, and if you give us the Murphy penalty too (I think that was a penalty) then that's 3 points to us... if that's what we do now, work out the score after every game based on refereeing decisions. 

I prefer to just to look at the balance of play, and we probably deserved the win yesterday. We've only taken 1 point out of 6 from you this season, sorry if you feel that we didn't deserve that 1.... I'd argue that we probably deserved 4. But a game of opinions and all that. 

Is the Murphy incident the one when he went down with Keogh? I think if you look closely their arms are interlinked and I can't tell if Murphy or Keogh is committing the foul or 50 50. Anyway its all in the past now. If we are still challenging for a top two spot in April I hope you can take some points of Vinilla.

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Is the Murphy incident the one when he went down with Keogh? I think if you look closely their arms are interlinked and I can't tell if Murphy or Keogh is committing the foul or 50 50. Anyway its all in the past now. If we are still challenging for a top two spot in April I hope you can take some points of Vinilla.

We're not looking past the most important game of the season in 7 days :lol:

19 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Did well to get a point today. Weren’t at the races. Changes needed on Tues, id have Foz, Ledley, Weimann, Nugent all back in for Olsson Thorne Anya and Jerome.

As for Maddison, looks a great prospect, but is the worst cheat I’ve ever seen live in a football match. Disgrace! Hope he stamps it out!

Come on Maddison wasn’t that bad at all. Definitely not a disgrace and if he is the worst cheat you have ever seen live then you really haven’t been to many games at all..He ran he show because lead foot golden boy George Thorne couldn’t get within 25 yards of him. 

I've waited 24 hours before posting anything about yesterdays game !

We started OK but still allowed the away team too much possession for my liking.

Vydra's goal was quality, I was behind the goal in the North Stand and knew it was in as soon as he hit it - superb watching it arrow into the bottom corner !

After that we sat back and allowed Norwich too keep the ball - which they are more than capable of.  We were too negative and looked for the easy sideways/backwards pass all the time. Interesting they thay kept hitting that high ball over the midfield and down our middle/right side even if it was blocked off on a couple of occasions, you could tell it was only a matter of time before it got a reward - how many balls did we try like that ?

The first penalty was not a penalty imo and justice was done when Carson saved it. We should have kicked on from there but we didnt - I can't explain why ?!

Maddison ran the show, he is quality popping up all over the pitch, quick and nimble he took players on and sprayed balls about, again even if the odd one went astray it didnt stop him trying - made Thorne looked very immobile and one dimensional. I'm sure Huddlestone gets around more than Thorne does..

I can't condone the way Maddison acted though, the Norwich team are quite physical but don't half go down easy when they are tackled or lightly touched - I wont say anything else as it sounds like sour grapes.

The Second half was very poor from us make no bones about it - I listened to Rammers afterwards and thought he was kind in just saying that we weren't at our best - we were awful !

Norwich are looking a very good side and I admired but didnt like them, although maybe Derby should learn from them a little ? I can see them making a charge and getting into the play-offs.

Very difficult to give a MOTM as all our players apart from Carson, Vydra and Huddleston deserved a 5 or 6 at best. Lawrence is lacking confidence if not ability, but doesnt help himself by holding onto the ball too long when he should pass and then doesnt take people on when you want him too !!!  Jerome was isolated but didnt really keep the ball when he was given it. How we didn't get beat was almost as mystifying as our performance. 

Still onwards and upwards and I really believe we can only play better than that. Still think we can get a result at Sheffield but a few changes are really needed. I love George Thorne but I'd put Ledley in and I'd like to have another look at Nugent and Vydra together.

Anyone else thing it might have been similarly frustrating game against Brentford if they hadn't gone down to 10 men ? Not that they are as good as Norwich...

9 minutes ago, Justa said:

Anyone else thing it might have been similarly frustrating game against Brentford if they hadn't gone down to 10 men ? Not that they are as good as Norwich...

Good shout, a very similar first 20 last week before they went down to 10. 

It was a joy to see Huddlestone and to a lesser extent Thorne with that much space last week, we looked like we could score every time we went forward. What a contrast a week makes, Norwich looked like they had 13 players out there yesterday. 

4 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Don’t think anyone’s arguing that you didn’t deserve probably all three points on the balance of play, or that the decisions really impacted on the game that much. But that doesn’t have anything to do with blantant cheating and how it needs to be kicked out the English game. Simulating contact in order to deceive the referee in the way that Maddison did at least twice in that game is shameful. It’s one thing going down easy like your man did for the second pen (which was a pen at first sight for me) and Martin has done for us many times before, but it’s quite another to make up contact before it happens, even if sometimes the intent is there.

Hope Maddison gets a ban for his antics today as stated in the new diving laws at the start of the season and he learns his lesson the hard way, it’s the only way it will stop (admittedly very very good) players like him from putting a dampener on the spirit of the beautiful game. It’s a shame because he’s one of the best players I’ve seen at PP this season, but my opinion of him in the near future will certainly be distorted by the way he conducted himself in that game. It’s something I’d be ashamed to see derby players doing, and there has been some players that have done it for us and gone significantly down in my estimation.

5 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Ah, but you're missing two key points;

1. If you'd got the penalty at Carrow Road Scotty would have saved it

2. If the ref hadn't blown the whistle and given a penalty Scott wouldn't have stopped & would therefore have saved the shot, no goal

Therefore we'd be two points up not two down ?

However, fair play to you; we had an off day, you were the better team by far 2nd half and deserved a minimum point and probably all three irrespective of any refereeing decisions 

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Carson got booked as ref had him down as last man (Not a red as that doesn't exist now). Carson hardly complained at all even after the ref gave a penalty!

Looking at the highlights, he does catch him. The problem is what were the Norwich players intention, ie is he looking to score/create a chance or is he trying to play for a penalty. To me the clue is in how he plays the ball, ie he just boots it, not in control or looking to play the ball. We’ve seen it a tonne this season and most haven’t been given (Jerome and Vydra most recently, but also had ones go our way against Sheff Wed at home etc. Even Norwich have been on the fortunate side of this in that Chelsea game). It’s a tough one, but that’s the first one of its kind I’ve seen in a good while

It was a dive, as was the second. They conned the officials on both occasions. The biggest shame is that if Maddison had got a yellow for the dive he may not have thought he was at the olympics on the high board every time a player got near him.

im not bemoaning them conning the ref by the way. Just stating that they were cleverer than the officials so fair play to them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 19:39, Millenniumram said:

Don’t think anyone’s arguing that you didn’t deserve probably all three points on the balance of play, or that the decisions really impacted on the game that much. But that doesn’t have anything to do with blantant cheating and how it needs to be kicked out the English game. Simulating contact in order to deceive the referee in the way that Maddison did at least twice in that game is shameful. It’s one thing going down easy like your man did for the second pen (which was a pen at first sight for me) and Martin has done for us many times before, but it’s quite another to make up contact before it happens, even if sometimes the intent is there.

Hope Maddison gets a ban for his antics today as stated in the new diving laws at the start of the season and he learns his lesson the hard way, it’s the only way it will stop (admittedly very very good) players like him from putting a dampener on the spirit of the beautiful game. It’s a shame because he’s one of the best players I’ve seen at PP this season, but my opinion of him in the near future will certainly be distorted by the way he conducted himself in that game. It’s something I’d be ashamed to see derby players doing, and there has been some players that have done it for us and gone significantly down in my estimation.

Look mate, the £25m ish that we'll be getting for him in the Summer will probably save us from entering administration, because we've got a huge complicated mess of a situation where we are potentially on the hook for various add-on payments and installments on transfer fees that due to some sort of clever accounting trick aren't considered a liability on the current set of accounts.... plus the wage bill still hasn't been trimmed enough in advance of losing parachute payments. 

So I couldn't give a frig whether he dived against Derby County, I just want the £25m that will see us alright in three months, and I suspect I'll be remembering that in 5 years, instead of his dive against Derby County.

In fact my favourite ever Norwich player used to dive every week, Darren Huckerby, so no.... don't care. Although that was when the opposition could still give a player a good kick in revenge and only take a yellow. Perhaps if a Derby player could have kicked Maddison in the next passage of play and the ref let it go, like the good old days, then the straightener would have happened on the pitch and people could talk about it in the pub after the game (ideally with a ciggy in one hand, you could do that then too).... instead of moaning about it on a forum via their iphone. 

Archived