Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Not the best performance but we have some proper **** fans.

Booing on the final whistle after a draw? 2nd in the table?

Whats thats all about?

And no it wasnt aimed at the ref.

I thought it was aimed at the ref... and Maddison.

Well i thoroughly enjoyed it today! My just turned 7 years old's first visit to Pride Park - brilliant seats and in spite of the football he really enjoyed the experience! Carson's penalty save was the highlight - he loved that (so did i)!

Second half was a mess. Lots of player's heads down, deserved to concede really. But nonetheless a point earned against a good team and still in the automatic spot for another few hours at least.

I'm just buzzing that my kid enjoyed it and wants to keep coming!

COYR!!!

49 minutes ago, nottingram said:

One of them you love if they play for you, hate if they play against you

Yeah absolutely, Grant Holt was the same (when with us, when he was good, where the stars seemed to align). 

Fans never choose a **** player to hate do they so Maddison must be doing something right :lol:

We're just enjoying him while we've got him, Spurs in the summer I reckon. 

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Yes he likes being booed - but wish we had Maddison in out team- he ran the game for them and made them tick - who do we have who can do this?

Some non eventers out there today for us - we need to think about Anya, Lawrence and Thorne not starting at Wednesday

Agree with this. But Lawrence is someone we need to play well, which he did for ipswich last year. 

Really disappointed with the second half. I think we should have pushed on for a second but we sat back and invited Norwich onto us. The equiliser was no surprise. I think Norwich are a tough team to beat and I am sure they will improve on their league position. 

Rowett needs to consider making subs a bit earlier.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Agree with this. But Lawrence is someone we need to play well, which he did for ipswich last year. 

agreed - need nurturing carefully

Just had a look at highlights on sky sports - we didn't really create enough did we

Maddison played for first penalty and conned the ref - knew he had - he dived

Second one  - the goal should have stood - and it was a def pen imo - he tucked it away well

28 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Well i thoroughly enjoyed it today! My just turned 7 years old's first visit to Pride Park - brilliant seats and in spite of the football he really enjoyed the experience! Carson's penalty save was the highlight - he loved that (so did i)!

Second half was a mess. Lots of player's heads down, deserved to concede really. But nonetheless a point earned against a good team and still in the automatic spot for another few hours at least.

I'm just buzzing that my kid enjoyed it and wants to keep coming!

COYR!!!

Bloody hell if he wants to keep coming after that second half then he is a proper derby fan! Has to get used to that, good on him;)

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bloody hell if he wants to keep coming after that second half then he is a proper derby fan! Has to get used to that, good on him;)

More of one than the moron who sat behind me full time whistle went and the idiot kicked the seat infront of him and the broken bit just missed someone’s head in the stairwell below. :( 

Good first half performance.

rubbish second half performance.

silly substitutions at the wrong time and too late again.

someone needed to give Maddison a good kicking as he was taking the piss! Saying that I'd have him here in a heartbeat. That's what I thought we were getting with Lawrence.

2 points dropped and a dissapointing result but could have Emily ha lost it. Should never have let them back in it after scoring first.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Poor performance so a good point I suppose. Surprised we signed Jerome, poor poor footballer IMO, doesn't add anything. Need to go back to partnerships that worked, Ledley and Huddleston, Vydra and Nuge. 

Got to disagree with that. Jerome I thought did well today, given that he had nothing fed to him, and most of the time no Derby player within about 30 yards of him. Led the line, won the ball, tried to link play and did a decent job seeing as he was so isolated. Nugent would have suffered the same.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ha! He said at the end "Wow Daddy after that goal Derby went the whoooole game without having any more goals or even shots!" 

I said he'd have to get used to it.

54 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just a word on Vydra, he too was bright and chasing down well in the first half. He took a very heavy blow on the thigh from Maddisono I think closely followed by an accidental clash of heads and was obviously struggling from then on. Should he have even come out for the second half?

Vydra gets kicked all over the park every game, and it's a wonder he manages to keep fit and score so many goals.

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Good first half performance.

rubbish second half performance.

silly substitutions at the wrong time and too late again.

someone needed to give Maddison a good kicking as he was taking the piss! Saying that I'd have him here in a heartbeat. That's what I thought we were getting with Lawrence.

2 points dropped and a dissapointing result but could have Emily ha lost it. Should never have let them back in it after scoring first.

Can't disagree with any of that. Too important a game for players to have an off day. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Maddison is some player. I can see why the big boys are after him. If we had him then we'd be close to Wolves imo. We are missing a genuine creative player in attacking midfield.

Hmmmm.....a creative midfield player...now remind me, what was the name of that blonde haired young kid we let go for peanuts before the season....?

Archived