Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Maddison = looking for it.

But is nobody going to mention the one we should have had when Murphy was fouled? 

Ref clearly "evened it out" :ermm:

If that was when keogh sat on a player then maybe, but that doesn't excuse blatant cheating.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I thought he'd be deeper but he's played on the left/right of a front 3 for Watford in his brief 3(1) appearances. 2 goals and an assist is a decent start. 

I just mean in the longer term... I think he'll end up being a deep player like a Carrick. 

Just now, RamNut said:

If that was when keogh sat on a player then maybe, but that doesn't excuse blatant cheating.

Its 2018, it happens. 

I personally hated watching FA Cup games this year because all of the stoppages. That's the alternative, personally I'd rather listen to people whine than for football to become like American Football with all that stopping and starting and 10 minutes added time. 

But each to their own. 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Give your specs a clean. The first is an appalling dive.

Exactly ! I've watched a pile of times. He was diving before he even reached Carsons feet and if the Lino thinks he could be in a clear position to advise the ref, then he is as dilusion all as he's blind. 

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Both stonewall penalties to me.

Carson leaves his leg out, Maddionson takes a natural turn when he kicks it by Carson. Then protects himself when falling to ground which is a natural reaction of the arms when you fall down. Not a whole lot of difference between the foul on Jerome by Flint and this foul by Carson - both stonewall...

Jerome was just silly committing the other penalty offence.

Sometimes I really wonder what people are watching, think 25000 people and the ref hiimself after the game would disagree on the first pen. Blatant, awful dive and something that shouldn’t be in the game. Second is more difficult but he certainly went down easy, no comparison between Jerome and the first pen... Jerome was fouled, Maddison was not.

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Its 2018, it happens. 

I personally hated watching FA Cup games this year because all of the stoppages. That's the alternative, personally I'd rather listen to people whine than for football to become like American Football with all that stopping and starting and 10 minutes added time. 

But each to their own. 

Just stop diving and the problem doesn't exist. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Just stop diving and the problem doesn't exist. 

I understand that you are frustrated that a player drew a foul or went down easily, but I'm pretty sure every team experiences this injustice and perpetuates this crime just about equally over the course of the season, and I think that if you were approaching this with a bit more balance you might ought to consider the fact that:

1). We were actually denied an actual goal from open play because the ref blew his f*cking whistle and gave us a penalty instead.

and..

2). That penalty decision hasn't deprived the better team of 2 points, because you simply weren't the better team today regardless of league positions. Would you really have felt deserving of 3 points today? Or do you think you should focus more on an underwhelming Derby performance rather than just blaming the ref? 

Furthermore.... drawing the foul is a huge part of Chris Martin's game and I know that because I watched him about 50 times and he learnt that from Grant Holt.... he once basically pulled a defender down by the neck to score a goal for you, and you are the current owner of Bradley Johnson who pretended that Joey Barton headbutted him and then wrote a funny sign at the darts. 

Jerome likes to draw a foul too... clever players do this. 

So don't be trying to kid anybody by pretending that Derby aren't like any other team :blink:

Did well to get a point today. Weren’t at the races. Changes needed on Tues, id have Foz, Ledley, Weimann, Nugent all back in for Olsson Thorne Anya and Jerome.

As for Maddison, looks a great prospect, but is the worst cheat I’ve ever seen live in a football match. Disgrace! Hope he stamps it out!

7 hours ago, caymanram said:

This will be a real toughy for us. Their 3 CB and two holding midfielders is bound to give us problems- that opposition formation always does.

If they score first we will lose I think. But in truth I can’t see us scoring today. Hopefully CamJam will be fired up for it and prove me wrong.

0-0 best hope in my view.

Sounds unduly  negative I know but their recent games and my gut just tell me this could be an unpleasant afternoon...

Let’s hope not. 

COYR ?

Not a bad prediction as it turns out. Our performances since Xmas have been lacking, Bristol city, sheff utd and today have not been automatic promotion performances.

Lawrence despite his efforts isn't performing to the levels I had expected and isn't clinical enough in all aspects of his game. Not for the first time I am surprised he started or wasn't subbed after 60 mins.

Thorne again out of sorts and has been for the last four games,again surprised he was first choice and not  replaced.

Why is Nugent not being picked? Would have thought if he only came on for an hour he would have worked their defense and mixed it up a bit.

Subs seem to generally being made after 70 mins even when like today changes were apparent 15 or so mins before.

Considering our performance we are lucky to take the point and two points dropped against a good team fortunately not competing for the play offs make it some what easier to swallow.

Not sure How Jerome has got straight in the team when things appeared to going so well before his signing.

Not having a dig at any of these player's ,they are all assets to the club. Just concerned why we aren't mixing things up a little more than we are especially when like today changes were apparent well before they scored.

Onwards and upwards 3 points the next game please with Ledley and Nugent to start.

6 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I understand that you are frustrated that a player drew a foul or went down easily, but I'm pretty sure every team experiences this injustice and perpetuates this crime just about equally over the course of the season, and I think that if you were approaching this with a bit more balance you might ought to consider the fact that:

1). We were actually denied an actual goal from open play because the ref blew his f*cking whistle and gave us a penalty instead.

and..

2). That penalty decision hasn't deprived the better team of 2 points, because you simply weren't the better team today regardless of league positions. Would you really have felt deserving of 3 points today? Or do you think you should focus more on an underwhelming Derby performance rather than just blaming the ref? 

What is frustrating though... Jerome got fouled in the box v Bristol City and got booked for diving. It just is so inconsistent. It is swings and roundabouts but we're taking a lot of swings after the moment. 

First home game for me this season. A few thoughts:

- Tom Huddlestone is top class. Calm on the ball, so clever with it and able to completely open up a team in seconds. I think Rowett should protect him more though by bribing him off at the 75(ish) minute mark. His legs don’t seem to last the 90, and with Ledley on the bench, Rowett should of made the change, arguably.

- Tom Lawrence looks desperately short of confidence. I love how he tries to beat players when he gets the ball, and you can see glimpses of the quality that earned him so many raving reviews last season. Couldn’t believe my ears when I heard several Derby fans around me saying he was “the worst winger they’ve ever seen.” Perhaps they weren’t around for the days of Craig Fagan. Or Lee Croft. Or Perplotkins. Anyway, I’d just like to see us SUPPORT our players more in these situations.

- Carson. Keogh. Davies. Awesome.

- Marcus Olsson really surprised me. Excellent going forward AND defensively today. Certainly earned his place in the side.

- Thorne looks knackered, and at times, short of confidence. Though they’re different players stylistically, he is very similar to Lawrence at the moment. Not getting anywhere near as much stick though ?

- There’s a reason Anya hasn’t been in the team all season. An excellent wing back in the right system, but as an attacking winger in a front three? No thanks. The right hand side is a real area of weakness in this team and, unless Palmer magically becomes a winger overnight, not strengthening here in January could cost us.

- Finally, I really like the look of Jerome. Much, much quicker than many fans made him out to be, and so strong. He was a real handful today, though he doesn’t look to be too clinical in front of goal. But hey, thank f*ck for Vydra eh?

Thank f*ck for Vydra. 

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What is frustrating though... Jerome got fouled in the box v Bristol City and got booked for diving. It just is so inconsistent. It is swings and roundabouts but we're taking a lot of swings after the moment. 

I saw that incident and that looked like a penalty to me.

But I can remember him diving in the box a few times for us, so perhaps he's dived in a game with the same ref before and his reputation preceded him. 

I still prefer injustice to this stupid video thing which makes football more like Rugby.... our FA Cup game with Chelsea was bloody infuriating and seemed to take forever because of this stopping and starting, and arguably didn't make the decision making any better.. 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

In fairness think we have had our fair share of penos this season. A total of 6 or seven ,not disputing we didnt deserve them but they could have easily have not been given. Cant despute we should have had the one we werent given against Bristol city but thats football and we shoud be winning games in open play.

Wasn't unhappy with a point today, Norwich were the better side. Maddison was excellent for them and ran their attacking game. 

After we scored we struggled to cope with their formation and the fact - a very rare one - that they played three up front away from home and just attacked relentlessly. We didn't ever seem to know whether to stick or twist and it led to constantly giving the ball away as players didn't make the run the player with the ball expected them to, or made a run the player with the ball didn't expect.

Too many players were off it today and we didn't do nearly enough to win the game, had Carson to thank for saving us, so a point is welcome when we could have left with nothing,

Carson aside, the back four played well, as did Jerome with the thankless task he had. Not much from Lawrence again and we didn't need Anya to disappear second half. Hudds did well, surprised Ledley didn't come on for Thorne at HT as Norwich's threat by then was obvious. Awesome goal from Vyds and credit to Anya for a cute ball to him. Pleased for Olsson, who has been due a run of games for a while and is playing well.

43 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

and..

Furthermore.... drawing the foul is a huge part of Chris Martin's game and I know that because I watched him about 50 times and he learnt that from Grant Holt.... he once basically pulled a defender down by the neck to score a goal for you, and you are the current owner of Bradley Johnson who pretended that Joey Barton headbutted him and then wrote a funny sign at the darts. 

Jerome likes to draw a foul too... clever players do this. 

So don't be trying to kid anybody by pretending that Derby aren't like any other team :blink:

They got robbed at their place when Carson mugged their player so all is fair in love and war and can you imagine if they missed their second penalty after the dodo ref called back the goal cuz he blew the whistle too quick . How we got a draw today is mystifying regardless of penalty calls.

I feel we were lucky to get a point rather than robbed of two by the ref. We're lacking any real cohesion throughout the team, and have been for large parts of the season. We're relying on moments of individual brilliance from Vydra and an immense centre back pairing and goalkeeper. A long term injury to any of those 4 and I think we'd be lucky to make the play offs.

I hope that this is our poor spell before we pick up again, all teams have them, Wolves had a mini cool down with a loss and a few draws, I hope this is ours and that we can overcome it and push on, on current form we are destined for the play offs but we are more than capable of an automatic place. COYR lets all crack on (team and supporters and no bloody booing)

Archived