Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

First home game for me this season. A few thoughts:

- Tom Huddlestone is top class. Calm on the ball, so clever with it and able to completely open up a team in seconds. I think Rowett should protect him more though by bribing him off at the 75(ish) minute mark. His legs don’t seem to last the 90, and with Ledley on the bench, Rowett should of made the change, arguably.

- Tom Lawrence looks desperately short of confidence. I love how he tries to beat players when he gets the ball, and you can see glimpses of the quality that earned him so many raving reviews last season. Couldn’t believe my ears when I heard several Derby fans around me saying he was “the worst winger they’ve ever seen.” Perhaps they weren’t around for the days of Craig Fagan. Or Lee Croft. Or Perplotkins. Anyway, I’d just like to see us SUPPORT our players more in these situations.

- Carson. Keogh. Davies. Awesome.

- Marcus Olsson really surprised me. Excellent going forward AND defensively today. Certainly earned his place in the side.

- Thorne looks knackered, and at times, short of confidence. Though they’re different players stylistically, he is very similar to Lawrence at the moment. Not getting anywhere near as much stick though ?

- There’s a reason Anya hasn’t been in the team all season. An excellent wing back in the right system, but as an attacking winger in a front three? No thanks. The right hand side is a real area of weakness in this team and, unless Palmer magically becomes a winger overnight, not strengthening here in January could cost us.

- Finally, I really like the look of Jerome. Much, much quicker than many fans made him out to be, and so strong. He was a real handful today, though he doesn’t look to be too clinical in front of goal. But hey, thank f*ck for Vydra eh?

Thank f*ck for Vydra. 

Fwiw I pretty much agree with this.  When we are on our game the oppositions defence is constantly harried into mistakes.  Camjam doesn't have that about his game and it was apparent that they had far too much time at the back.  I'll keep saying but Gary believes that good players get their form back by playing first team football.  I actually think gt may ask to be dropped, he looked frustrated 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

I understand that you are frustrated that a player drew a foul or went down easily, but I'm pretty sure every team experiences this injustice and perpetuates this crime just about equally over the course of the season, and I think that if you were approaching this with a bit more balance you might ought to consider the fact that:

1). We were actually denied an actual goal from open play because the ref blew his f*cking whistle and gave us a penalty instead.

and..

2). That penalty decision hasn't deprived the better team of 2 points, because you simply weren't the better team today regardless of league positions. Would you really have felt deserving of 3 points today? Or do you think you should focus more on an underwhelming Derby performance rather than just blaming the ref? 

Furthermore.... drawing the foul is a huge part of Chris Martin's game and I know that because I watched him about 50 times and he learnt that from Grant Holt.... he once basically pulled a defender down by the neck to score a goal for you, and you are the current owner of Bradley Johnson who pretended that Joey Barton headbutted him and then wrote a funny sign at the darts. 

Jerome likes to draw a foul too... clever players do this. 

So don't be trying to kid anybody by pretending that Derby aren't like any other team :blink:

Didn’t think the first one was a pen, thought the 2nd one was, thought we were poor today and Norwich deserved to win and didnt understand why you were given a pen and not the goal...and we move on

We need to stay calm and remain focused. We will drop points but so will other teams. It will be the teams with managers and players who experienced these situations before who will succeed. Luckily our team has plenty of leaders who know what it takes and have been through this before.

You get the impression that GR is not a guy who panic's. He has believe in what he is doing and team has totally brought into this. There is sense of positivity everywhere. 

We now do not lose even if we not playing well, this is the sign of a good team. At anytime we have shown we are capable of stringing a run victories together.

Stay with the team and keep the faith, together we can make the promised land.

51 minutes ago, Danno said:

Maddison has claimed that Scott Carson admitted after the game that it was a penalty - so perhaps we can put that one to bed. 

Considering Carson got booked for appealing that it wasn’t I’d be very surprised if that had happened. Wouldnt be like Maddison to prented something had happened when it hadn’t would it....

I wasn’t there live at the match, but watched it from India in ramstv - I’m trying not to be too critical, but I think it was pretty obvious that Maddison was running the midfield and we were simply not able to win the ball and give it to our wide men, making them completely ineffective. I think Rowett missed the obvious response to the situation.  Thorn and Lawrence were struggling and Ledley Johnson should have come on at the very worst killed off that Maddison threat. 

How we didn’t lose that game I’ll never know - but perhaps now Ledley and Johnson are fit, they should start v Sheffield Wednesday and Thorn andxLawrence need to sit in the bench. It’s no coincidence that since Ledley and Johnson have been out the team we’ve looked much less solid defensively. 

Think  Fozzy should return too after his little rest. 

Just my thoughts anyway ?

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Didn’t think the first one was a pen, thought the 2nd one was, thought we were poor today and Norwich deserved to win and didnt understand why you were given a pen and not the goal...and we move on

That's because the whistle had gone before he put the ball in the net 

12 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

I understand that you are frustrated that a player drew a foul or went down easily, but I'm pretty sure every team experiences this injustice and perpetuates this crime just about equally over the course of the season, and I think that if you were approaching this with a bit more balance you might ought to consider the fact that:

1). We were actually denied an actual goal from open play because the ref blew his f*cking whistle and gave us a penalty instead.

and..

2). That penalty decision hasn't deprived the better team of 2 points, because you simply weren't the better team today regardless of league positions. Would you really have felt deserving of 3 points today? Or do you think you should focus more on an underwhelming Derby performance rather than just blaming the ref? 

Furthermore.... drawing the foul is a huge part of Chris Martin's game and I know that because I watched him about 50 times and he learnt that from Grant Holt.... he once basically pulled a defender down by the neck to score a goal for you, and you are the current owner of Bradley Johnson who pretended that Joey Barton headbutted him and then wrote a funny sign at the darts. 

Jerome likes to draw a foul too... clever players do this. 

So don't be trying to kid anybody by pretending that Derby aren't like any other team :blink:

So you're not embarrassed by maddison's dive then? 

1 hour ago, Danno said:

Maddison has claimed that Scott Carson admitted after the game that it was a penalty - so perhaps we can put that one to bed. 

Oh well if Maddison says that then it must be true, what with being the beacon of honesty and fair play that he is.

Got to yesterday's game just, been in Poland Thursday, Friday got back to Birmingham at 12,25, got in car at 13,15, dropped my better half off at 2,20, parked car up at 2,55' just got to the top of east stand stairs waited there as Vydra had the ball in there box, next minute bang it was a great finish, thank god I got there for that one wonderful moment, great peno save by Carson, who also did another few good stops, second half Norwich was far the better team,  Keogh and Davis very good as normal, and Carson also very good, we had to many players who were not at it on Saturday, in the end a very good point, Ref was poor, but in know way did Norwich not deserve a point, looked a good team to me, hope they still have Villa to play, onwards to Wednesday now, hope Birmingham do us a favour later on, got this game down as a 1-1 draw, Big positive is, we are having a great season, and are still second with 15 games to go.In Mr Rowett I trust.

1 hour ago, Danno said:

Maddison has claimed that Scott Carson admitted after the game that it was a penalty - so perhaps we can put that one to bed 

Well he's lying then Carson was fuming with him and got booked for his protest I sit right behind that goal and it was as blatant  a dive as you will get Not sour grapes we deserved nothing from the game but Madison is a great player but a bigheaded prat  

40 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Got to yesterday's game just, been in Poland Thursday, Friday got back to Birmingham at 12,25, got in car at 13,15, dropped my better half off at 2,20, parked car up at 2,55' just got to the top of east stand stairs waited there as Vydra had the ball in there box, next minute bang it was a great finish, thank god I got there for that one wonderful moment, great peno save by Carson, who also did another few good stops, second half Norwich was far the better team,  Keogh and Davis very good as normal, and Carson also very good, we had to many players who were not at it on Saturday, in the end a very good point, Ref was poor, but in know way did Norwich not deserve a point, looked a good team to me, hope they still have Villa to play, onwards to Wednesday now, hope Birmingham do us a favour later on, got this game down as a 1-1 draw, Big positive is, we are having a great season, and are still second with 15 games to go.In Mr Rowett I trust.

Great effort Derby blood. Remember when I used to finish work Sat morn, home, changed, food, pick up mates then drive a little too fast at times for some long distance trip. W, L or D looking back it was all worth it for the memories. Am sure you thought it still worth it despite not quite the result we were all hoping for. 

Penning this watching Mr Phillips on buildup to this game, Come on you Bluuuuuueeesss!! 

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Well he's lying then Carson was fuming with him and got booked for his protest I sit right behind that goal and it was as blatant  a dive as you will get Not sour grapes we deserved nothing from the game but Madison is a great player but a bigheaded prat  

Villa have a very similar player today!!! 

15 hours ago, BobbyD said:

You are right that we are carrying a number of players at the moment

But even with that there is no way that we "shouldn't have had" any points

I see that as a positive

Get those players on their A game and we will be flying

We did need Carson to make several high quality saves the Norwich keeper needed to make one save which he didn’t 

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We did need Carson to make several high quality saves the Norwich keeper needed to make one save which he didn’t 

High quality saves?  That's well ott. There wasn't one save I didn't expect him to make. With the exception of the penalty which he gave away. 

Not trying to take anything away from him his positioning and handling was great but let's keep our feet on the ground 

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

High quality saves?  That's well ott. There wasn't one save I didn't expect him to make. With the exception of the penalty which he gave away. 

Not trying to take anything away from him his positioning and handling was great but let's keep our feet on the ground 

Ok but I thought they were high quality

Archived