Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

Not the best performance but we have some proper **** fans.

Booing on the final whistle after a draw? 2nd in the table?

Whats thats all about?

And no it wasnt aimed at the ref.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I like Thorne, but let's stop making excuses for him. He's been severely lacking quality since he's been back, he hasn't been as good on the ball, looks off the pace and doesn't look half the player he did in our Wembley season. I don't think it's down to his fitness, I think he's just lacking form. 

Think it's a combination tbh.

3 minutes ago, caymanram said:

This undefeated run is becoming a distraction imho. Yes,  it’s nice to have but I think it’s taking the focus off the fact that there have been too many draws recently. Sure, if u play badly then don’t lose- get that - but there’s been too many games over the last couple of months when we have been almost making excuses when settling for a point.

Nothing against Lawrence and I think when on form he’s a very useful player. But he’s bang out of form right now and will have to be dropped. George also not looking the full on the whole since he signed his contract and had been a regular starter.

I also think we really do miss Baird, particularly when going forward. Wisdom just doesn’t have the football brain.

Lucky to get anything today and the other results have almost let us off the hook. That won’t be the case, of course, if Vanilla win tomorrow....

If we play like today against Fulham, for example, we will get killed....

You're right about Baird. Great footballing brain and his corners and crosses are better than Lawrence's or Wisdom's.

Last season we would have lost this game for sure.

We needed Ledley from the beginning or at least when it looked like they were better than us, which they were on the day.

Bringing Martin on today would have helped!

Sign another striker in the next two weeks please..

22 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Johnson for Anya, Ledley for Thorne, Nugent for Jerome on Tues. We go again. 

Palmer for anya , Johnson for thorne. I would keep jerome... He was playing one against three today so not surprising he didn't get much out of them. 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not the best performance but we have some proper **** fans.

Booing on the final whistle after a draw? 2nd in the table?

Whats thats all about?

And no it wasnt aimed at the ref.

Good point against a good side and the usual suspects still not understanding what a good point or a good side is.

Wish they'd go shopping or better still sat in a Starbucks all day keeping their cold tootsies all nice and warm whilst they whinge about most things in their poxy life's that drag them down, so much, like a Frapachino giving them brain freeze and all the rest. Clueless!

8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

One of the worst second half displays I've seen. Anya isn't a footballer, and i have no idea why Nugent wasn't brought on to support Jerome. 

But that point might see us promoted. Football's a weird game. 

Oh come on ! Ok he had a poor second half but so did others and his alertness was fundamental to Vydras goal 

I thought we were extremely lucky to get a point today and we hardly threatened them all game, particularly in the second half. We seem to struggle against teams who play with 3 at the back and 2 wing backs (Reading, Sheff Utd and now Norwich) 

I wish Rowett had made some changes earlier, because from the moment the second half kicked off we were camped in and it was obvious we needed some fresh legs, especially in the hold midfield area. I really don't see what Weimann offers us, i barely see him beat a man and his footballing brain is non-existant. He always comes in narrow when the full back has the ball which is so frustrating.

I'll look at it as a point gained rather than 2 points lost, plenty of football still to be played. Fresh legs needed for Sheff Wed IMO.

COYR.

24 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Maddison ran the show, he’d be even better if he wasn’t such a **** as most refs won’t fall for it. It’s a shame that today’s did.

Maddison seems to annoy every set of of opposition fans. 

Funny that... would these fans get wound up if he was ****? 

He revels in it though, basically caused a riot at Sheffield United away... their fans stormed the exit gates. :lol:

He's a very nice lad in real life, by all accounts. Keeps randomly sending boots and tickets to fans over twitter. 

Disappointing after a great start. Lovely goal then we dropped deeper and deeper and surrended possession.

another poor second half. 

George was doing a butterfield impression - sidewards and backwards. The wingers failed to convince. And jerome was very static. We missed nugents energy.

But.....Norwich were good. Possibly as good as anything we've seen. Zimmerman was a rock. Leitner and maddison pulled the strings. They grew into the game until it got to a point where the equaliser seemed inevitable and a winner seemed possible.

Thank **** for Carson.

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Last season we would have lost this game for sure.

We needed Ledley from the beginning or at least when it looked like they were better than us, which they were on the day.

Bringing Martin on today would have helped!

Sign another striker in the next two weeks please..

Sign who? Easy to say sign a striker, but I've yet to see a name put forward who would be worth signing who is a free agent. 

Just now, Nick_Ram said:

Sign who? Easy to say sign a striker, but I've yet to see a name put forward who would be worth signing who is a free agent. 

All of Europe to go at? South America?

I have no suggestions but all these players are on lists available to all English Clubs, surely.

Tend to think that we have a great goalie and a great goal scorer but everything in between is a bit ordinary.  Not overly sure about the defence because Carson's saves put a slant on the score line.  This year we needed GT playing at his best and for whatever reason it just isn't happening.  Gary believes in him and looks like he gives players game time to play themselves back into form.  If he's right we are going up in 2nd.  Norwich have some easier games now and I wouldn't put it past them getting into the play offs.  I recall they normally have a better second half to the season

Twenty four games with two defeats. No chance of winning every game, is there? I would have settled for this. Rowett has not spent much. He has had a clearout of players. Norwich have more points from last seven games than we have.

Villa have spent a bomb compared with us. 

Derby County are doing BRILLIANTLY, whether we see that or not.

Well just got home. Thought this would be difficult and it was. Scores as follows 

Carson 9 class

wisdom 7 pretty solid 

Keogh 6 Always got 1 mistake a season in him 

Davis 7 Got away with his **** up

Olsen 7 solid enough 

Thorne 5 Shadow of his former self

Hudds 6 not as majestic as usual 

Anya 6 tried but wasn’t his say

Lawrance 7 not great but kept trying stuff 

Vydra 7 brilliant goal but not much else

Jerome 6 not very effective 

Gary 5. Probably the only person in the ground who couldn’t see the need to change things prior to the equaliser. Thorne and Hudds coped ok with Maddison first half. As soon as they tired he ripped em a new one. Ledley should have started or at least brought on long before the equaliser. Like Keogh  though, can’t complain as this is probably his first off day all year 

Archived