Derby County F.C. v Norwich City F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Hmmmm.....a creative midfield player...now remind me, what was the name of that blonde haired young kid we let go for peanuts before the season....?

yeah Hughes - but when did he boss games like Maddison did today - he had two or three seasons to shoot us up there  - and did not  - move on - he has

Maddison was from Coventry - we should have networked and had him!!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, irobinson said:

yeah Hughes - but when did he boss games like Maddison did today - he had two or three seasons to shoot us up there  - and did not  - move on - he has

Maddison was from Coventry - we should have networked and had him!!

Maddison played well today but let’s not go over the top he was playing against the slowest midfield in the country...! 

Norwich fan with both parents as Derby fans - I come in peace.

Derby will go up this season, don't worry about that.  We still have Villa at home and don't think we'll lose many more now this season.  Madison is different class and we fully expect him to go next season.

Jerome - he'll put in a shift and score some important goals, but he simply didn't fit with how our manager wants to play and £1.5m is too good to turn for a player who is 31 - 32.  He'll also miss some absolute sitters (if he'd been a yard further out last week, it would have gone over the bar).

Next season, we'll be up there.  Farke is starting to get his message across and we are bossing possession against some very good sides.  Needs some penetration, but it will come.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season - hopefully we'll beat Villa ant thump Forest!

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season - hopefully we'll beat Villa ant thump Forest!

If you do both of those we'll owe you one! I have to admit, I'm very surprised to see Norwich so low in the table, I was expecting to see them in and around the playoffs, where they usually would be. You lot are a bit of a bogey team for us, and you're in good form. Out of interest, do you think you'll be able to keep Maddison over the summer?

41 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

More of one than the moron who sat behind me full time whistle went and the idiot kicked the seat infront of him and the broken bit just missed someone’s head in the stairwell below. :( 

Sadly there are some idiots in our crowd... that game was hardly the end of the world

7 minutes ago, Danno said:

Norwich fan with both parents as Derby fans - I come in peace.

Derby will go up this season, don't worry about that.  We still have Villa at home and don't think we'll lose many more now this season.  Madison is different class and we fully expect him to go next season.

Jerome - he'll put in a shift and score some important goals, but he simply didn't fit with how our manager wants to play and £1.5m is too good to turn for a player who is 31 - 32.  He'll also miss some absolute sitters (if he'd been a yard further out last week, it would have gone over the bar).

Next season, we'll be up there.  Farke is starting to get his message across and we are bossing possession against some very good sides.  Needs some penetration, but it will come.

Surprised to see you lot so far down with the way you played today, literally didn’t make a mistake in possession, it’s damn hard to play against when that happens!

One of the best teams I’ve seen us face this year, much better than Bristol city were the other week when we deserved to beat them.

Just got back from PP; very disappointing performances all over the pitch and one of those games where no-one with the exception of Carson brought their A game. Thought GR’s substitutions were way too late to change the game; he should have taken Thorne off at half time as he was absolutely shocking but somehow he stayed on for 83 minutes. A point was a fair outcome but we really should be beating one man teams like Norwich at home. GR has been far too patient with the likes of Thorne and Lawrence; neither deserve to start at Wednesday and our midfield has got to get a grip; far too pedestrian at the moment. That said, the unbeaten run goes on and Villa are certainly not guaranteed to beat Brum tomorrow so onwards and upwards.

Not a hope of keeping Maddison - although he loves playing for Farke.  Man City are supposedly interested and with parachute payments finishing this year, we'll need to sell.  May get a loan back as part of the deal or get Angus Gunn in part ex.

Strange season, not a great start followed by a great run, which ended in extra time in the league cup away at Arsenal.  We then played you and got deservedly beat, and didn't win for another 10 games.  We now have the side and the formation the manager wants to play and some of the dead wood is being moved on (Naismith and Martin),  On a good run now, and things are looking good for the future.

Gone down the Director of Football route (like Southampton) and we are unearthing some gems from Germany (Leitner and Zimmerman played today but Trybull is out for the season).  And, unlike our last manager, Farke is not afraid to play youth (Jamal Lewis at left wing back today only made his professional debut in December!) Bodes well for the future.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Massive contradiction going on recently, in that every game is a “must win” or a “cup final” but as soon as we draw it, it’s “just one of those days” or “didn’t get that slide of luck”

Does anyone need the definition of “must win game” explained to them?

I don’t think every game is a must win but the more we draw, the more they do actually become must wins.

For all the solidity, experience and character we have, there’s no attacking fluidity or plan outside of ‘give it to Matej.’ Did we have a shot on target in the second half?

This was almost a carbon copy of the Sheffield United game. Grab a goal early on in a competitive second half, then sit back the second half and invite a ton of pressure into you until they equalise. Then spend the last 20 minutes pumping balls into the box and not getting anywhere because Vydra was hauled off on the 65 minute mark.

We need other players to step up, namely Lawrence or Palmer because at the moment, I don’t see us giving Jerome the service for him to bang in 10 goals between now and the end of the season. Even worse now we’ve lost the threat of Winnall off the bench.

Hard not to absolutely adore this team at times, the core is absolutely class but watching us fail to create chances in the second half is so frustrating.

Rowett needs to figure this out because we’ve been 2nd for a while now and missed so many chances to pull away. If Villa win tomorrow and we’re back to 3rd. Hardly a disaster but we’ll have missed our chance to capitalise.

Calm down, relax and enjoy the journey

You don't need to worry about whether Rowett is astute as you about spotting the obvious issues.

Your passion is admirable and without people like you we are doomed

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Carson -mom 

wisdom -solid

keogh - solid

davies - one slip but sold 

Ollson - switches off at times Norwich got in behind him twice

huddlestone - second best ram

thorne - not great and looked tired

anya - decent first half but disappeared in the second half

lawrence - looks to have little confidence but we have no one to take his starting spot

vydra - good goal 

Jerome,- we never passed the ball to him but he had three central defenders to easily mark him

we looked very tired and one dimensional and we carried several players and in the end it is a good point because we shouldn’t have any but if we go one goal behind how are we going to change it ?

You are right that we are carrying a number of players at the moment

But even with that there is no way that we "shouldn't have had" any points

I see that as a positive

Get those players on their A game and we will be flying

Carson

wisdom. Keogh. Davies.  Olsson

.     Huddlestone ledley

weimann.    Vydra.   This space vacant

.                  Nugent

Ok we managed to gain another point on the board but this was a wasted opportunity. I know the manager says lets concentrate on us however with Villa up against the Blue Noses in their local derby a win would've added even more pressure onto them tomorrow. If they'd lost and we'd won both today's and Tuesday's game that'd be a 7 point gap....

Anyway still unbeaten. Lawrence needs time on the bench. Carson unbelievable again. Let's see what Palmer can do :)  

Archived