Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Can see Ledley starring ahead of Thorne as well.

I expected Thorne to lose his place after the last game. Now Ledley's fit I think that's likely.

17 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I have just seen that Mitchell is out of tomorrows game so Roos will be on the bench, having already played for 2 teams this season is he eligible? Don't normal league rules apply if its an emergency loan?

I wondered about this too. I googled the EFL rules and couldn't see anything about emergency goalkeeper loans being exempt from this rule. But I'm no expert on this stuff, just hope someone at Derby is!

8 minutes ago, PLRam said:

I wondered about this too. I googled the EFL rules and couldn't see anything about emergency goalkeeper loans being exempt from this rule. But I'm no expert on this stuff, just hope someone at Derby is!

Emergency Loans are an exception to this rule.

10 minutes ago, PLRam said:

I did a bit of Googling as well after @Carl Sagan tweeted the club yesterday asking the same question, I did find a line right at the bottom of a Nicky Shorey article....

An FA spokesman said: ‘Emergency loans don’t count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for as he remains under contract to his parent club.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248600/Fulhams-Nicky-Shorey-FIFA-probe-playing-club-season.html#ixzz55f0JNIjI

But this was way back in 2010 and a loophole that FIFA wasn't happy with. 

23 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Emergency Loans are an exception to this rule.

21 minutes ago, David said:

I did a bit of Googling as well after @Carl Sagan tweeted the club yesterday asking the same question, I did find a line right at the bottom of a Nicky Shorey article....

An FA spokesman said: ‘Emergency loans don’t count when calculating the number of clubs a player has played for as he remains under contract to his parent club.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248600/Fulhams-Nicky-Shorey-FIFA-probe-playing-club-season.html#ixzz55f0JNIjI

Thanks guys. ?

23 minutes ago, David said:

I believe the loophole was tackled by adjusting what constituted an emergency loan. I seem to recall it was a wider range of circumstance than "we dont have a goalkeeper" back then.

Batteries recharged since Bristol game, Players caught a few rays whilst villa,wolves,fulham and the likes continue to push higher in the league. Tonight we must show our intent and claim all 3 points against a team that will be up for the challenge. These our the games we need to win if we are to gain automatic promotion, the lads will need to be up for this and in business mode,especially when villa are coming good.

Lets hope for an emphatic win ,good performances and injury free game from the lads tonight. To all travelling enjoy  ,COYR.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s about time that this transfer window shut at least 72 hours before a full round of league fixtures because it is far to distracting for supporters players and managers.

A warm welcome to Big Sam Allardyce :lol:

3 hours ago, David said:

Well, the club's ignored me as per usual, so let's hope the rules haven't changed these past seven years and Kelle is eligible!

Given George has done the prematch presser, I reckon he'll keep his place so we'll see:

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh     Davies     Forsyth

Huddlestone     Thorne

Lawrence     Vydra     Weimann

Jerome

Bench: Roos Baird Pearce Ledley Nugent Winnall Bennett

That would mean no place for Olsson, Hanson, Anya and Martin

I suggest Martin won't make the bench because Mason can play wide and I get the sense Derby would like to be able to use the wages that Martin moving would free up in other areas. Anya didn't go to Dubai but has trained with the first team this week and Rowett said he looked sharp and has been playing well for the U23s, so he might take Bennett's place on the bench. But we know the club would like to move Anya on, whereas Rowett is deciding whether he needs Bennett for the run-in or should send him out on loan where he can apparently play centre forward, so I think he might want to see what impact he has when he comes on.

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Sorry if this has been covered but BBC reporting Shackell as available to play tonight - is this right?

Thought he couldn't play against his parent club or are those types of clauses ad hoc? Be daft if he's able to line up against us. 

Jason Shackell doesn’t have permission to play against his parent club. Byron Webster and Aiden O’Brien are out.

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/65906-championship-preview-millwall-vs-derby-county.html

Archived