Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Weimann's near the top if you were to rank our squad by footballing intelligence. His technical ability really lets him down though. If it was just a little better he'd be far and away our best winger. 

I'm impressed with the space we've managed to create so far. We've got in good positions beyond the Millwall back-line three or four times now, it's just that final ball we haven't quite managed to execute just yet. It was highlighted how we allow Millwall, as well as other teams this year, to just come forward with the ball in order for that space to form when we do win the ball back. It doesn't always work, for example when teams have room to put dangerous balls in a la Sheffield United. But us giving space to the opposition in front of our back four helps us gain space behind theirs, and it looks like that could pay off tonight if we carry on as we are.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I reckon Weimann's near the top if you were to rank our squad by footballing intelligence. His technical ability really lets him down though. If it was just a little better he'd be far and away our best winger. 

:D

Archived