Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kinder said:

Hardly heard Nuge mentioned on the commentary. Is he not getting much service? 

When Weimann or Vydra have had a bit of space, those 2 and Nugent have made some nice little passes to each other, but that's about it. Nugent hasn't been great unfortunately, his half summed up when a long ball to him just hit him on the back of the head and went out of play

Just now, Kinder said:

Hardly heard Nuge mentioned on the commentary. Is he not getting much service? 

No opportunity to play it down the channels. He's been involved but only in ponderous interplay. He set Weimann free at the half way line but he got crowded out and couldn't get the ball across to Vydra, only real opportunity we've created alongside the one that led to the GK mis-hap that almost gifted Vydra a goal.

The only downside to Rowett's style is that we need to be attacked before we attack. We don't actually want the ball that much. 

65% of the ball. We aren't prepared for that ****. 

If we put some support behind Millwall it might get them going a bit. So let's all do that creative chant they love so much. 

"Waaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll"

Annoying slaaags

I must be the only one listening on the radio, and I'd forgotten how frustrating it can be.

Is it too much to ask that the commentator follows through the action on occasion?

For instance 'Carson with a great save' isn't followed by where the ball has gone, in his hands, or for a corner for instance, just a resumption of match action 30 seconds later after he's moaned about the pies!

It's basics surely to let those who can't see know what's happening.

Just now, feisty said:

This is awful.  Turgid.

It's not that bad.   It's slow, but I've watched far worse games of football. Defending has been good from both sides. 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I must be the only one listening on the radio, and I'd forgotten how frustrating in can be.

Is it too much to ask that the commentator follows through the action on occasion?

For instance 'Carson with a great save' isn't followed by where the ball has gone, in his hands, or for a corner for instance, just a resumption of match action 30 seconds later after he's moaned about the pies!

It's basics surely to let those who can't see know what's happening.

Yes, they are pretty awful.

I didn't realise how many overseas posters we had, either. 

Huddlestone has been our best player by far.

Fullbacks have been poor going forward. Lawrence and Weimann wasteful, Nuge non-existent. Thorne looks slow and Vydra hasn't done much but the one chance he did have he should have scored.

CBs are playing well. 

Millwall just hoof it, and we've dealt with it well from a defensive perspective.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The only downside to Rowett's style is that we need to be attacked before we attack. We don't actually want the ball that much. 

65% of the ball. We aren't prepared for that ****. 

If we put some support behind Millwall it might get them going a bit. So let's all do that creative chant they love so much. 

"Waaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll"

Annoying slaaags

You mean 'Miiilllllllllll'

Pretty impressive to get that wrong.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Great word, Sir. Do you suspect GR might use that in his H-T talk? eg "Lads, ok, not bad but a bit turgid".

Nah he'll be saying not the worst first half lads but buck your bloody ideas up and get us a goal or last weeks trip to dubai will be coming out of your paychecks :( 

Archived