Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

4 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Millwall "The Den" facts taken from"The football grounds of England and Wales by Siom Inglis"

The highest ever crowd at The Den was versus Derby County F.A Cup 5th round Feb 20th 1937.

The Den held two distinctions it would prefer not to have.

(1) It has been closed by the F.A following crowd disturbances more frequently than any other ground,in 1920(their first league season),1934,1947,1950,and 1978.

(2) It is also the only league venue in London not to have staged first division football

(At time of print 1984)

Now then Alan don't get saying anything derogatory about them a lot of touchy people on this site 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure some Millwall fans are horrible thugs and that the club's past reputation travels with them however hard others try to shake it off.

I am equally sure that the majority of their fans are just football fans trying to get on with supporting their team, just like most Derby fans (despite the few brain-dead morons we still have and who I see regularly at away games.) 

That one of their fans comes on here attempting to engage pleasantly with another club's supporters and maybe correct some misconceptions about their club is partly met with a whole list of Millwall's past demeanours is a little sad, in my opinion, and says more about those posters than it does about Millwall! 

8 hours ago, angieram said:

I am sure some Millwall fans are horrible thugs and that the club's past reputation travels with them however hard others try to shake it off.

I am equally sure that the majority of their fans are just football fans trying to get on with supporting their team, just like most Derby fans (despite the few brain-dead morons we still have and who I see regularly at away games.) 

That one of their fans comes on here attempting to engage pleasantly with another club's supporters and maybe correct some misconceptions about their club is partly met with a whole list of Millwall's past demeanours is a little sad, in my opinion, and says more about those posters than it does about Millwall! 

That's just your opinion surely both sides are entitled to there say 

13 hours ago, angieram said:

Take off the blinkers! Past reputation is irrelevant, just take the first 6 months of 2017 - the FA cup games and the play-off final pitch invasion even though they WON! Millwall fans have a disgusting record and it seems are not susceptible to change

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/millwall-braced-fa-action-after-9850841

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4306910/Football-Association-investigate-claims-racist-chanting-Millwall-fans.html

And they are still at it

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-issue-statement-after-allegations-14086754

Millwall FC and their fans need to put their house in order. 

On 25 January 2018 at 20:57, WharfedaleRam said:

Remember being in Skiathos in a pub watching us beat Brighton in the play offs second leg. Decent enough Lions-supporting bloke watching with his two Lions-supporting lads (early 20's I think). They growled at us throughout the conversation with dad. Really lived up (or down) to their stereotype.  Football supporters from the dark ages.

I'm going to Skiathos Skopolos and Alonossos in July !!!

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Didn't say you weren't;  just expressing my opinion about it. :)

I agree with you regarding the Millwall fan coming on here stating the positive aspects of Millwall fans and fair play it him /her  I am all for positivity .But I am just typing because of my own experiences.

I have visited over 100  different football grounds mostly following the RAMS .During the 80`s and early 90`s football related violence was expected and became part and parcel of the match day experience and I have witnessed "incidents" on countless occasions and have never been put of attending a match because of this .Apart from Millwall .

I only went to the Den in Coldblow Lane once and that was enough for me a Tuesday night in 1984 with a police helicopter hovering above and bricks raining in( this was before the match ). I vowed to the moon and stars NEVER to there again .I have been to the New ground on 3 occasions  the last time 3 of us all over 50 NOT looking for trouble (I believe you can find trouble anywhere if you want ) were targeted by several latter-day football hooligans of a similar age group some even older than ourselves and escaped by the skin of our few remaining teeth .

As I now lack the zeal , vigour and physical ability to defend myself or escape from "situations" that I once had in my younger days, the away day to Millwall has been crossed off the list of football matches to attend .

On 25/01/2018 at 19:39, Mistaram said:

I've not judge you at all just pointed out that you've only written the positive things about your club You certainly don't need to go years to see how some of your fans behave just nip on Y/tube and you will see it still happening in 2017  But if you want to ignore its thats your prerogative 

You could probably also go on YouTube and find a section of Derby fans mocking the death of Forests chairman.

Assume you would have no problem with any opposition fans labelling Derby a scum club on this basis? 

21 hours ago, angieram said:

Millwall fans are horrible thugs

list of Millwall's past demeanours is a little sad, in my opinion

brain-dead morons

Damn right Angie, excellent post.

Hopefully Rochdale give them hell today while our boys sit at home applying after sun.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think it's fair to say they have MORE than their fair share of idiots. So when one of the right-minded ones comes on and talks sense it makes me cringe a bit to hear our fans have a go at them.

But I bet they don't really. 

Probably have the same as other clubs but just tend to revel in their reputation a bit more.

Also, as someone else alluded to, the media still report on them as they did in the 1980s because it sells papers.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

But I bet they don't really. 

Probably have the same as other clubs but just tend to revel in their reputation a bit more.

Also, as someone else alluded to, the media still report on them as they did in the 1980s because it sells papers.

I think they have less glory hunting/ day tripping fans than a lot of clubs. They have the bad reputation to live up to..and not a lot of success...I'm sure that creates within a certain set of their fans a need to live up to it.

On 25/01/2018 at 19:39, Mistaram said:

I've not judge you at all just pointed out that you've only written the positive things about your club You certainly don't need to go years to see how some of your fans behave just nip on Y/tube and you will see it still happening in 2017  But if you want to ignore its thats your prerogative 

By the same measure you might want to think about all of the good stuff he/she wrote highlighting the good work the club and its fans do in the community. It's a little ironic for you to criticise this Milwall fan of being blinkered when you can only see the bad done by some of their fans decades ago.

Based on a lot of your other comments on the forum it seems like you make up your mind and that's it. That's your prerogative but your attitude to this fan who came on here in peace is embarrassing.

@ttkkThanks for the info. I drive through your neck of the woods quite often. It's clear there's still a lot of issues in that part of London. Good to hear the club are trying to be a big part of the solution, it's what's needed.

6 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

By the same measure you might want to think about all of the good stuff he/she wrote highlighting the good work the club and its fans do in the community. It's a little ironic for you to criticise this Milwall fan of being blinkered when you can only see the bad done by some of their fans decades ago.

Based on a lot of your other comments on the forum it seems like you make up your mind and that's it. That's your prerogative but your attitude to this fan who came on here in peace is embarrassing.

@ttkkThanks for the info. I drive through your neck of the woods quite often. It's clear there's still a lot of issues in that part of London. Good to hear the club are trying to be a big part of the solution, it's what's needed.

Rodley  You might be embarrassed but I'm certainly not and by a lot of posts on this thread I'm certainly not on my own I've been to Millwall many times so I know what I see and hear if you wish to turn a blind eye that's yo to you Did you go to the playoff semi Did you get locked in the ground till 11pm for your safety Was you on a bus that was still being stoned 5 miles from the ground all the police was lie on the floor  They are still doing things today nothing has changed  Yes the club are doing there best to change things but we are talking about men in their forty's who think its big to terrorize families and young kids they will not change  I don't make my mind up and that's it I say it as I see it  I prefer to go to football matches without the fear of either me or my family being injured 

6 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I'm going to Skiathos Skopolos and Alonossos in July !!!

You’ll love it there, very swish place. Buses are crazy mind 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Everyone has their fair share of idiots...... anyone have stats on arrests made due to last few years?

Can't remember exact figures but Millwall were 2nd or 3rd, behind Birmingham and maybe West Ham or Leeds.

The number was substantially less than 100.

Not sure this stat is a great barometer for fans behaviour, I've seen someone arrested for being drunk yet other fans not arrested for hurling glasses and attacking someone with a metal bar!

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can't remember exact figures but Millwall were 2nd or 3rd, behind Birmingham and maybe West Ham or Leeds.

The number was substantially less than 100.

Not sure this stat is a great barometer for fans behaviour, I've seen someone arrested for being drunk yet other fans not arrested for hurling glasses and attacking someone with a metal bar!

Home office figures at August 2017 have Millwall as the fourth worst in the country with 55 banning orders in the year 2016_17  They are behind Nwcastle  Brum and Wolves 

Archived