Millwall F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rodley  Respect your opinions we will have to beg to disagree  Would like someone from Millwall to tell us why they had 21 arrested at Elland Rd last week  

Its not his place to do so though is it? He is clearly one of the ones who enjoys football and his post were informative and articulate.

Were you to blame for our thugs who vandalised fawaz car when forest played us a while back?  Should you need to answer for their actions?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Its not his place to do so though is it? He is clearly one of the ones who enjoys football and his post were informative and articulate.

Were you to blame for our thugs who vandalised fawaz car when forest played us a while back?  Should you need to answer for their actions?

If I could understand what your on about I would answer If you think Millwall are the innocent misinterpreted club he's making them out be that's your choice but not mine As for Fawazs car I certainly wouldn't be trying to make out it doesn't matter because it happened in the past 

Just now, Mistaram said:

If I could understand what your on about I would answer If you think Millwall are the innocent misinterpreted club he's making them out be that's your choice but not mine 

He's not but rightly so he is talking about all the good stuff they do, which is evidently overlooked by most.

Not sure if I have posted on this before. I have seen close up what Millwall thugs can do. It was a long time ago, late 80's. I was just early 20's living in London as a student. Was in central London having a pint with a mate, in the Bear pub, around 6pm on a Saturday. We hadn't been to a game just out enjoying ourselves. Nice atmosphere in the pub, really busy and lively. Then out of the blue 10 Millwall thugs come in. They go straight for the Bar Manager, pull him up on to the pool table and give him a real hiding, blood every where. They then proceed to destroy the pub. The whole bar was trashed, tables and chairs were thrown out of the windows, broken glass everywhere, people running and screaming, I have never seen anything like it. I got separated from my mate who went with some bar staff down to the cellar where they locked themselves in. I ran outside. They couldn't have been in there more than 2 minutes, then casually left their card with the barman saying you have been done by Millwall or something along those lines. That memory still lives with me 30 years on and is why I will never go and see the Rams play them, home or away. Maybe they have changed, just not for me thanks.....

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure if I have posted on this before. I have seen close up what Millwall thugs can do. It was a long time ago, late 80's. I was just early 20's living in London as a student. Was in central London having a pint with a mate, in the Bear pub, around 6pm on a Saturday. We hadn't been to a game just out enjoying ourselves. Nice atmosphere in the pub, really busy and lively. Then out of the blue 10 Millwall thugs come in. They go straight for the Bar Manager, pull him up on to the pool table and give him a real hiding, blood every where. They then proceed to destroy the pub. The whole bar was trashed, tables and chairs were thrown out of the windows, broken glass everywhere, people running and screaming, I have never seen anything like it. I got separated from my mate who went with some bar staff down to the cellar where they locked themselves in. I ran outside. They couldn't have been in there more than 2 minutes, then casually left their card with the barman saying you have been done by Millwall or something along those lines. That memory still lives with me 30 years on and is why I will never go and see the Rams play them, home or away. Maybe they have changed, just not for me thanks.....

That was 30 years ago, you was not even at a match, all clubs has these type of people who follow them, it's been happening for years, but not so bad these days, I have had run ins in my time following Derby in the 80s, I got chased at Westham in the cup game Wednesday night 1988 I think it was we drew 2-2, do I blame all West Ham fans no, would I go to West Ham again Yes, seen more violence in pubs on a Saturday night than I ever seen at football, and I have been to over 45 different grounds all over the country, more people get a slap on a local park than they do at the football, not saying it's right, just pointing out, idiots can cause trouble anywhere, I would NEVER, let them put me off going to places I want to go.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I've just ? myself. That's the scariest thing I've ever seen posted on here. I'm never even going to  London. Anyway, another run of the mill away win for the mighty Rams will do nicely. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Jumbo. Don't waste your time mate it will go straight over their heads They think because didn't happen yesterday it doesn't matter 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Jumbo. Don't waste your time mate it will go straight over their heads They think because didn't happen yesterday it doesn't matter 

My first ever game at the BBG was in 1980, we played Man Utd and lost 3-1. I was 9.

After the game there was a huge amount of violence, my dad and me got trapped and there was bricks being thrown at Man Utd fans by a group of Derby fans, i was obviously very frightened. A group of Man Utd fans came over to my dad and said stick with us and created a shield round us and ushered us away from were the danger was.

Maybe I should say because of that I should never have given going to see Derby another chance.

You cannot say an entire fan base is scum because of the actions of some.

Look I’m no lover of Millwall but ask Fulham what they think of our pitch encroachment,wasn’t one of their players tackled by a fan ? Didn’t we have the pitch surrounded on the touch line with not a little menace going on? The point I’m making is that we have done plenty too in the past ,if it didn’t happen yesterday doesn’t mean it did not happen right? Millwall had/have a bad reputation and for good reason but by the same token they have a lot of very good decent fans too and those deserve to be treated with decency too , the Millwall fan that posted on here showed another side to the club , he was not saying the bad side doesn’t exist just showing the decent face of the club too

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Look I’m no lover of Millwall but ask Fulham what they think of our pitch encroachment,wasn’t one of their players tackled by a fan ? Didn’t we have the pitch surrounded on the touch line with not a little menace going on? The point I’m making is that we have done plenty too in the past ,if it didn’t happen yesterday doesn’t mean it did not happen right? Millwall had/have a bad reputation and for good reason but by the same token they have a lot of very good decent fans too and those deserve to be treated with decency too , the Millwall fan that posted on here showed another side to the club , he was not saying the bad side doesn’t exist just showing the decent face of the club too

Yes exactly, or ask Nigel Doughtys wife how she felt when thousands of of our fans thought it was appropriate and funny to chant 'Wheres your chairman gone?'

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Yes exactly, or ask Nigel Doughtys wife how she felt when thousands of of our fans thought it was appropriate and funny to chant 'Wheres your chairman gone?'

Yes only a fool would condone that but nobody was physically attacked  If you travel to away matches all the time you will always hear the moronic chants about us burning our kids Annoying yes does it hurt no  If you wish to defend Millwall I don't have a problem with it but just check out their match this season at Bristol CTY on Y/tube you might just change your mind 

Yes only a fool would condone that but nobody was physically attacked  If you travel to away matches all the time you will always hear the moronic chants about us burning our kids Annoying yes does it hurt no  If you wish to defend Millwall I don't have a problem with it but just check out their match this season at Bristol CTY on Y/tube you might just change your mind 

Not defending them, I am defending the poster on this thread and those fans that aren't thugs.

The chants about burning kids might not hurt you personally but if you were a relative then it might do. Cant imagine how horrific it must have been for Mrs Doughty and her family despite not being physically attacked.

58 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Only a fool would think we don’t have some fans who physically attack people ,, even our own fans I’ve heard

48 minutes ago, David said:

I hope we win. Anyone else?

I think this game will be the one that informs us how the rest of our season is likely to go.

The games have been coming thick and fast, not much time to re-group and look what we can do better to improve those fine margins upwards again.

Now Rowett has had ten days with the team, a new striker to offer a different option, and the relative luxury of an almost 100% fit squad.

I am frustrated that I have to miss this game as I am fascinated to see how it will unfold - COYR! 

Can't see how we can possibly win anyway. Ive read on here only last week we were lucky not to get tonked by them when we won 3-0.

I expect the lions therefore to give us a mauling.:ph34r:

Archived