5 days in the sun....

Chester40

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Not starting a witch-hunt. I like Gary a lot...and things are going well so I really trust his judgement. Just genuinely interested what people think of the players having a break in the sun.

Know a few will say they dont care or go off about me moaning, it's not my money etc etc. Its a forum...chatting a little things is the point surely.

I just thought the explanation about it being too cold to stand about doing routines was a bit weak. It will be cold when you get back...so get used to it.

If it's team building, a reward and a bit of a laugh.. say so...just think he doesn't want to in case we lose on their return and he gets criticised.  

You really aren't a happy chappie, are you buddy  ?

Why do you worry about such things ?  Haven't you got confidence in folk who have lived their lives in that world to know whats best ?

Haven't these guys totally and massively over-delivered on what was hoped for in this season ?

Why do you doubt their judgement , and what knowledge do you base that doubt on ?  

And why do you think you know better ?

Very, very strange 

Still. Your opinion, I respect that, fair enough.

10 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Not starting a witch-hunt. I like Gary a lot...and things are going well so I really trust his judgement. Just genuinely interested what people think of the players having a break in the sun.

Know a few will say they dont care or go off about me moaning, it's not my money etc etc. Its a forum...chatting a little things is the point surely.

I just thought the explanation about it being too cold to stand about doing routines was a bit weak. It will be cold when you get back...so get used to it.

If it's team building, a reward and a bit of a laugh.. say so...just think he doesn't want to in case we lose on their return and he gets criticised.  

It's just warm-weather training and well timed if you ask me given one or two of ours look leggy after the busy Xmas fixture list. And even were it not, being second in the league at this point of the season is worth a reward in any case. They'll be working hard, just with a reduced chance of injury IMO.

Pretty much everyone seems in agreement here, and rightly so. It's a perfectly timed opportunity, with a long winter gap between fixtures and an important new player having just arrived. Had they not taken the opportunity to go away for team bonding and warm-weather training I'd have been disappointed that we'd not taken the opportunity and questioning why not.

The great success of this season has been the maintaining of the team and squad ethic, despite having too many players and the inevitable disappointment of very good senior pros not making the starting 11 or not even making the bench. Full marks to Rowett and full marks to the players (and full marks to Mel who pays them so well they're not kicking up). We've got ourselves into a great position and this is the chance to take stock and gather our strength for the 18 games that we have to come. We need another run of wins to break away and give clear blue water between us and the chasing pack and I hope five days away together will generate the intensity to bring about those victories.

You can argue that this trip, the signing of Jerome and the hoped-for signing of an experienced backup keeper is leaving nothing to chance.

Archived