you are the landlord

dog

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rynny said:

ok, urine, urine, good, good for people who can handle it

compressed_Peggy-Mitchell-Get-Outta-Ma-P

I'm not here to win awards but run a real pub, my punters will be in dirty workwear downing 5 or 6 pints with their white van in the car park, pool table, broken condom machine and pork scratchings. Not interested in running one of those beard strokers in the corner can you taste the honey hops and floral after tones. 

6 hours ago, David said:

Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, Coors, Stella.

Keeps the snobs and beards out.

I had the good fortune of visiting the Coors brewery in Golden (Denver) a few years ago.

The whole place is built into the side of a rock. On walking round with our guide he reported that over 15,000,000 bottles and cans were produced every week in there. I only saw 3 people working the huge vats.

Now the sad part. On entering the hospitality suite there was a huge sign above the bar saying "Please observe the 3 drinks rule".

On asking the barman if this rule was actually in force and him telling me that it was, I duly reported back to the other 3 very thirsty guys in the brewery trip party.

I approached the bar and asked for 4 bottles of the strongest brew they had. "That would be our winter brew" he replied and opened 4 bottles.

10 minutes later I returned to the bar and asked for the same.

10 minutes later I approached the bar to find a different barman behind the bar.

"Can I have 4 of the winter brews please?" to which the barman asked "how many have you had? " "One I replied"

4 more bottles given out.

Again I went to the bar to get 4 more.

Later on I noticed the barman had changed again and so the cycle went on.

2 hours and several beers later the original barman returned. 

I staggered to the bar and slurred my words for a another 4 bottles, he looked at me and asked "How many have you had sir?"

2 was my reply, to which he said "Jeeze you guys drink slow"

You have got to love the Americans.

The winter brew to be fair was very good but Coors in general is pissch 

48 minutes ago, David said:

compressed_Peggy-Mitchell-Get-Outta-Ma-P

I'm not here to win awards but run a real pub, my punters will be in dirty workwear downing 5 or 6 pints with their white van in the car park, pool table, broken condom machine and pork scratchings. Not interested in running one of those beard strokers in the corner can you taste the honey hops and floral after tones. 

So you think you can take advantage and serve them piss in a glass? Far nicer lagers out there that aren't for beard strokers.

Archived